Abyss of Pandemonium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abyss of Pandemonium

Where can you get the full version of the Quake game "Abyss of Pandemonium"?

http://www.quaketerminus.com/mods/aopv105.zip
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I was going to link that same file from quaddicted, but after opening it, according to the readme, that is the demo version.

However I vaguely recall hearing AoP got cancelled and thus this is all we have... But my memory could be wrong as that was a long time ago I think I heard that.
      Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

I am a bit puzzled too.
        There IS a boxed version of AoP, Megazoid had it as prize for a competition once. And I am sure I have a copy of that full version somewhere.
        On the other hand I know that I never really played AoP, so maybe I always tried the demo version and was pissed because it was the demo.
        I will dig into that and put it up at Quaddicted then.
        Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Oh, I actually played it. http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9285/dp000000tn2.jpg <- That place burned itself into my brain and I remembered. I think I was just disappointed by it and thus remove the memory.
          That "demo" is the full version indeed.

Comment

It seems that not many people love AoP very much, but I think AoP has got its ways of distinguishing itself from other mods and addons. For example, the stake gun, which idea seems to have been incorporated into the later FPS game Painkiller, and the electric pulse gun, which is my favorite. I just love to make the monsters disoriented and send them spinning! It's great fun really. Pity you don't get alot of cell to do this.

Comment

Abyss of Pandemonium

Hey guys. I know this is an old forum, but I was directed here by a buddy who noted your discussion.

If any of you still want the full version of AoP, it would be my pleasure to provide a full version download. just email me at [email protected]

Also keep in mind it works very well with the new engine mods that have come out - it really looks decent with the latest video cards too There is a new version that is deathmatch only that is v2.0, with heavily tweaked DM in 2000, and in 2004 I put together a pocket pc pack for those who wanted to play AoP on the windows mobile platform. So let me know!

Glad you guys still have an appreciation for classic Quake.. it was and still is the most visceral, raw, and true first person shooter.

I'd be willing to participate in some old skool deathmatch, AoP style during my vacation... so let me know!

ROCK ON!

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Cybermind View Post
                I know this is an old forum ...
                Actually it isn't :d

This site opened March 10, 2006.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Cybermind, you are the developer of AoP? Good job you have done!

And by full version, what is the difference from the full "demo" version?

Comment

Originally posted by Dooomer View Post
                    Cybermind, you are the developer of AoP? Good job you have done!
                    Haha, I didn't catch that.

+1 Doomer
                    -1 Me

Comment

An official modern release that works well and out-of-the-box with aguirRe's glquake and Fitzquake would be much appreciated.

Comment

I think the full "demo" version works well with later releases of aguirRe's glquake, although with enhanced glquake of older versions there indeed seem to be some problems as well.

The older versions of darkplaces have problem running it too, but with latest releases I don't find any problem (at least not yet).

Comment

It always seemed very unfinished to me. I'm pretty sure I played the version from Quake Terminus.

:-/
                          Scout's Journey
                          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I use the version from Quake Terminus as well, and don't see how it can be "very unfinished"?

It's got two episodes, and two bosses, although one of the boss is a bit weak in appearance (the girl general of quake). It's complete enough as an addon.

By the way, if you want to run it using aguirRe's glquake, just use pakscape to make a pak1.pak, and inside it there must be a progs folder containing a model named null.mdl. There is a null.mdl in the pak0.pak that seems to be causing problem for aguirRe's glquake. I use dpmod's bit.mdl and rename it to null.mdl to put into pak1.pak. Seems to be working OK for me! Maybe you can simply delete the null.mdl in the pak0.pak too, I don't know, haven't tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Dooomer View Post
                              There is a null.mdl in the pak0.pak that seems to be causing problem for aguirRe's glquake.
                              The null.mdl file in AoP is corrupt and should be repaired/replaced, you can just copy another small mdl like spike.mdl or similar. Loading and saving the null.mdl in qME also seems to work. You can't leave it out since it's precached by the progs.

And the reason why my engines show you this error message is because they actually validate the mdl files (as well as other resources), instead of just silently crashing/misbehaving when the files are corrupt.

There's also another issue with demo1.dem; it's recorded when the map aop2m1 was called "start" instead. This will also crash many engines due to missing bsp models. You'll either have to rename aop2m1 to "start" temporarily before playing demo1 or patch the demo so it properly refers to aop2m1.

Finally, the map aop2m2 can't be played in most engines on Hard skill due to too many precached sounds (267 > 256). On Normal skill it works fine.

If you want a small patch I can upload it again.

Comment

Working...
                              X