No announcement yet.

Quake Level Secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An example of a secret that isn't labeled a secret is in e2m1, behind the crates on the right side of the exit room is some nails, or shells (don't recall), which I had never noticed until last year when playing the map with DarkPlaces real time lighting, and the sliver of light landed on the ammo box just barely, so it stood out amongst the shadow of the crates.
    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Originally posted by Riker View Post
      Just though about it yesterday, if a map says that there are for instance 5 secrets on a map, how often it is that there are more?
      bumped

off the top of my head
      e2m3 - dopefish isn't counted as a secret
      e2m7 - weird symbol with initials isn't counted as a secret (probably the biggest secret in quake)

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
        bumped

off the top of my head
        e2m3 - dopefish isn't counted as a secret
        e2m7 - weird symbol with initials isn't counted as a secret (probably the biggest secret in quake)
        E2M7 - The Underearth - is hidden level like Ziggurat Vertigo?

Because yesterday I got to E4M2 (The Tower Of Despair) map and I don't remember Underearth as a level...

Oh well....I got many more Quake time to reveal all that...I usually try to murk everyone on the map and then walk around in search of some answers, but I suppose my search isn't too good :d

Comment

Originally posted by Riker View Post
          E2M7 - The Underearth - is hidden level like Ziggurat Vertigo?
          yeap

Comment

Yeah I played that map today just for kicks and found that...TM and TV initials and some symbol...hm...

Well, TM are mine initials

Comment

Riker - Just so you know, there is a secret level in each episode (Ziggurat Vertigo by American McGee, Underearth by Tim Willits, Haunted Halls by McGee iirc and The Nameless City by Sandy Petersen).

I believe the exit for Haunted Halls is hidden in Satan's Dark Delight, but my memory may be off, and the exit for The Nameless City is in Hell's Atrium.
              Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

@scar3crow: I was trying to give the least amount of spoilers as possible to Riker -.-

of course I'm sure Riker just used noclip to find that secret. Unless he can tell us how he unlocked the door

Comment

2 Canadian Sniper: shooting at those gargoyle faces made them bleed...so I shot all of them...

And then in one corridor, after the nailing room, after slicing a Hell Knight, there were two strange corners in that corridor, so I shot at them, one was blacked out, and that one opened...

TV and TW not TM

anyways, somebody should ask Romero or someone what was the idea behind this, because this was certainly something hidden...

Mysterious stuff

Comment

Tim Willits's and his sister Theresa Chasar's initials
                    http://members.tripod.com/~deadly_sin/secrets2.html

That was a question of the 2005 Quaketerminus competition.
                    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

hmm isn't theresa chasar that girl in Doom3 that gets her head ripped off and turned into a Lost Soul? interesting

Comment

Gamespot have had a very good Quake secrets guide for as long as I can remember.

Level Secrets :
                        http://uk.gamespot.com/features/quake/e1/ls.html
                        Quaketerminus.com Quake files & links

Comment

Working...
                        X