• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muchos gracias senior u da best mwah
    i love quake sp map packs

Comment

Baker

Sorry I didn't reply - never saw that there was a second page to the thread.

Feel free to use an installer - I tried to make it as friendly as possible but the reliance of Quoth whilst being outside that directory doesn't make it easy.

When you check the pakfiles you'll see that one is TGA monster skins and the other almost empty - its got some graphics that Nehahra engine looks for and crashes if they're not there, so it allows users without Nehahra to use the Nehahra engine included, which is the recommended one.

Canadian Sniper - the start map is a simple 4 choice skill setting, with a semi-hidden button that unlocks extra coop modes (not necessary). Just go down one of the corridors and walk into the teleport. The numbers relate to the difficulty (0 - 3; easy to nightmare) although there's a message as well. You start facing the Nightmare corridor - which has a combination of nasty traps to negotiate, not for the faint hearted.

If you're seeing that sprite error then it means either your Quoth isn't up to date or you're not using the Warp exe's - or that your directory structure is wrong. As I say, its not easy juggling all the resources needed - follow the readme to the letter and you should be ok.
      Last edited by ijed; 08-29-2007, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Baker is laughing at me right now

Comment

Originally posted by ijed View Post
          Sorry I didn't reply - never saw that there was a second page to the thread.
          :d

Don't worry about it, hehehehe. There are plenty of threads here where someone asked me something and I never saw the thread for one reason or another :d

Feel free to use an installer - I tried to make it as friendly as possible but the reliance of Quoth whilst being outside that directory doesn't make it easy.
          I hear ya Well, I guess I'll start pimping this in the near future. Warpspasm was one of the most enjoyable single player releases I've ever played.

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
          Baker is laughing at me right now
          Did you get stuck in a start map again - hee hee? :d :d
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Kell and Quoth are just genius. Since is the first addon for Quoth other then Red77 that I have heard of, I'm rather eager to try this out, once I'm done, I'll add my feedback.

Anyone interested in co-oping this?

Comment

Co-op

Is fully integrated - it was even betatested, though not too exhaustively.

The coop modes were tested alot; they feature +Quoth and -Quoth.

What they do is swap out Quoth creatures for thier easier base equivalents or vice versa. Since I didn't make the pack too easy to begin with the occassional unexpected Gug can be pretty nasty.

Still need to set up a Lan game with it running - it supports four players, only the large map size being a problem, for which I tried to include lots of shortcuts.

Comment

I play single-player on skill 3 without saving, other than the beginning of the level, and I have to say that this pack is killer. I've lost count on the number of tries I gave warpa to complete it, and then I gave up on warpb a few months ago. I recently tried the pack again, and started grueling through warpb.

I started recording demos of my attempts once I was able run through a half hour of gameplay without dying. And, today I finally passed it.

Unfortunately, you cannot record from a save file, so I didn't start with anything from the previous level.

Keep in mind that this isn't a speedrun, I kill everything I see. I managed some interesting manuevers, but I can't say that it is as entertaining as the latest speedruns I've seen... I reviewed the demo and found that I go back for armor three times, but in total, it's about three minutes of not-so-entertaining times.

Zip link

Unzip into the warp folder, run your warpspasm-compatible engine, and in console, type: playdemo warprun

End stats:
                Time: 40:00
                Kills: 500/522

Comment

Actually you can record when loading savegames. I just found out recently (after about 6 years...). After dying type "record something" in the console, then load.
                  Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Nice demo! You played warpb in a rather unusual way, making more use of the shortcuts that are available. And only once you were dangerously low at 17 health ...

I think some of the monsters you missed were on the backtrack route from the very first button, you jumped down to get rockets instead of going back via the elevator. But most of them were probably in the rune shrine secret.

And like Spirit says, I think you can start recording a new demo from the last saved game. Using my ConvDem utility, you can join those demos later into one if you want.

Comment

Yes, it's the Zop again.

warpc finally, finally done in one go without saving, starting with nothing. Again, it's not a shiny as a speedrun, I kill everything I see (at some point!). Though, a few odd things happened I'm glad I recorded. It's hard to say it's worth watching if you've never tried the level, due to the long length...

link

End stats:
                      Time: 48:02
                      Kills: 537/543

Comment

Working...
                      X