New Quake SP mission - Travail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Quake SP mission - Travail

Let us start you on a journey...a Quake Journey. Share the Travail!
    - 1 new Quake mission
    - 2 new episodes and a triple barrel finale
    - A 2 level secret mini mission
    - 15 single player levels and 3 multiplayer levels
    - 2 new bosses, stock and modified after market enemies, one beloved weapon mod, and some new physics
    - 4 Easter Eggs, 30+ secrets, countless references to the game and the community
    Info, screens and download links at
    http://www.quakeone.com/travail

The Travail team would like to thank Baker, Solecord and Yellow No. 5 for their support through the final stages of this mod. Cheers!

If this is as a good as the Travail preview from Quake Expo 2006 then I can't wait to try this out. I'm glad to see this was finally released, I know Travail was close to being done around this time last year but needed finishing touches.

Here are some screenshots of Travail I took from the Travail site.

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Wow, it looks like the bomb. BTW, I play on gunter's FVF server a lot, and I'm always buggering him to add new maps, but he always says they have to be series, not just a collection of single maps. so, are you interested in letting him use them on his server, fvf.servequake.com? itd be groovy

Comment

Let's

see if Gunther is at all interested, tho' the presence of an altered progs.dat might be problematic.

Comment

nice... very nice work distrans.. I really like the soundtrack for the starting level. Very doomy and fits well with the theme of the level. Can't wait to play some more

Comment

I've played a good part of this now and the attention to detail is uncommonly good (big understatement, really).

It is nice that the screenshots don't ruin the many surprises.

The first couple of maps are not easy (use F6 and F9 to quick save and reload). I managed (barely). I think non-hardcore single player types should use easy skill level.

Many of the maps are almost a form of art, even compared with a lot of other impressive maps I've played in the past.

I really wasn't expecting this kind of attention to detail and TLC for each and every part of every single map.

/Most comments on Travail are going to be at the thread at Func Msgboard at http://www.celephais.net/board/view_thread.php?id=60087 -- where the serious single player enthusiasts/mappers hang out.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I just beat it myself, and I have to say that it is one of the best packs I've played. The first episode was far better than the second... So much more details put in the first episode and I liked the overall theme of the first episode better. (base maps don't really suit me) The soundtrack is excellent, the tracks go well with the levels. My only gripe is that it was too short for my taste, and the final boss fight at the end of Episode 2 was a bit unsatisfying. It was also too easy, it seemed that the monsters only attacked you if you got close to them... As far as the overall difficulty goes, I didn't find it too hard (played on Normal). there were some tricky parts, but mostly I survived well. The large amount of vores on some maps can become a nuisance, however.

I agree with Baker and the great attention to detail. So many little things put in there to spice things up. You can really tell the mappers put a lot of effort into these maps.

Comment

Just tried it out, skipped trough it with notarget just to see what's it like, jumped to some random episodes, and I must admit, looks amazingly clean...

Although, I must admit that I think it really stranded from the original Quake theme and idea...

To put in in quotes of Rome, Quake world's supposed to be "fantastical, dark, raw and unsettling environments with twisted and grotesque creatures - something that belongs in an H.P. Lovecraft story."

For what I've seen here, this is more on some hi-tech note...

That's why I appreciate all those mods and add ons, but at the same time can't really say they are better then the gully original one, simply because the original one has that nack of...well, of fantastical, dark, raw and unsettling...

Comment

You clearly didn't play it. Don't spoil with noclipping but just play it.
                  Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Spirit - but he does have an excellent signature!
                    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

No idea, I have avatars and signatures turned off in this forum for a reason.
                      Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                        You clearly didn't play it. Don't spoil with noclipping but just play it.
                        I know I know, I will give it some time as well as other SP maps when I get rid of Shub in my original Quake playing

I have to collect all runes before my ID1 folder can accept any new pak's...

It's a id's way of telling you first things first

Comment

Very very nice job on those maps !

Just played some of them with peg in coop mode ,lots of fun to explore the levels !!!
                          My servers for the gamers:
                          bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
                          port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
                          Offline ATM
                          fvf.servequake.com
                          flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
                          Offline ATM
                          newdm.servequake.com
                          port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
                          sigpic

Comment

cool polarite! let us know how it goes so maybe I can suggest to Gunter that he add them to his FVF server

Comment

I just finished this monsterpack.. and what a pack it is! the quality of the maps is just amazing! loved every minute of it.. also the soundtrack really adds a lot of atmosphere.. great job guys!

btw.. nice pic of B.J. at the end

Comment

Working...
                              X