No announcement yet.

New Quake SP mission - Travail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question regarding Travail. There is suppose to be a riot controller in there. But when I used Impulse 9, I still get a DBS. How should I get the riot controller?

Comment

Originally posted by yhe1 View Post
      I have a question regarding Travail. There is suppose to be a riot controller in there. But when I used Impulse 9, I still get a DBS. How should I get the riot controller?
      Riot Controller is not available on Travail Episode 1 maps.

Try Episode 2.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

just installed this and man, its freakin awesome. massive maps, very detailed, tons of fun co-op. Love it!

Comment

Hi, I need some help in beating the six Juggernauts at the end of Ep 2 of travail. Any good tactics to defeat them?

Comment

run like hell and use your rocket launcher!

It took me four to five tries before I defeated them on hard.

Comment

Kill them 1 by 1, try to keep them lined up so they end up shooting each other as they are shooting at you.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Haha, that was some good times with them.

Comment

Magnificent.

Travail blew me away at the beginning of 2008.

Since then, I played it dozens of times. Such an atmosphere. Such a sense of place.

Like I'd been there a long time ago... it used to came in my dreams.

And you know what impressed me most of all. First three maps of each episode. I'm speaking of qte1m1+qte1m2+qte1m3 and qte2m1+qte2m5+qte2m6. Two different worlds...

One of my hobbies is digging. Exploring technological underground caves, nets of collectors, abandoned secret factories... and I met this there. Like a piece of my life. These underwater pathways and tubes, this huge dam... and unbelievable view from the start of qte1m3. This large brigde, and then so highly interconnected area...

A large library... and this secret room, and a window in it! These caves with cobwebs... this goldkey lift rising me to the strange place... look, I've just been there!

Asurfael... I almost fell in love, you know? That beautiful face in this insane world, in its most hidden place... I hardly understood she was a real girl there in the Quake community years ago... does she visit some Quake forums nowadays?

Speaking of the other maps, they inspired me nearly as much as the music of Rapture, a finnish group with deep, atmospheric albums... tonight I played qte2m4 with this song as a soundtrack...

Also, my other favourite Quake episodes are Penumbra of Domination, Zerstörer, Rapture and Soul of Evil. But tonight I understood that I love Travail most of all.

Thank you people for all of this!

Just magnificent and unforgettable.
                  Last edited by Droog_Andrey; 07-25-2009, 03:14 AM. Reason: fixing typos...
                  Thunderbolt forever!

Comment

What an awesome mod. I played a little coop online in Travail, and it was excellent.

Really liked the uberscrag.
                    Originally posted by Magnus
                    Apology accepted.

Comment

Travail is one of the mods I'm happy to support in MegaTF Coop. The environments and monster placements always impressed me. Also great fun with the TF classes and monster enhancements \m\

Comment

Originally posted by avirox View Post
                        Travail is one of the mods I'm happy to support in MegaTF Coop.
                        What is MegaTF Coop? It sounds a little confusing, since the original TF (Team Fortress) wasn't cooperative. It'd be amazing to be able to play Travail coop on a dedicated server though. It's truly an epic series, and head and shoulders above any of the other runecoop maps being played on the servers now.

Comment

Can We Get someone to fix travail?.... It wont load second episode major glitch happens and game crashes. wtf mate. lol

Comment

Originally posted by spooker View Post
                            What is MegaTF Coop? It sounds a little confusing, since the original TF (Team Fortress) wasn't cooperative. It'd be amazing to be able to play Travail coop on a dedicated server though. It's truly an epic series, and head and shoulders above any of the other runecoop maps being played on the servers now.
                            MegaTF Coop is the most popular coop mod out of quakeworld/netquake. if you played MegaTF before..then that's a big help. there are special modes that make coop worth playing, for instance..the most popular is survival mode! in this mode, you must beat the entire level without dying and extra monsters are spawned! however, if you do die..you can be revived by a player(tip, medics revive players quicker!). that's some true team work if I do say so myself. there is also flawless mode, which is when you try not to get killed by a monster at all! the monsters have a scoreboard and if its kept at 0..then get ready for a bit fat exp bonus! survival+flawless is the most challenging! so its almost exactly like singleplayer. there's also lms, last man standing! certain maps where you have a limited number of lives and must survive waves and waves of monsters! modified monsters exist, such as a sniper enforcer! or a flame throwing shambler!..so BEWARE.

the server is also one of the only active servers with vwep enabled, and yes as the vwep guy..I took up duty on that as well as other models. but Avirox is the mastermind behind this fun and addictive mod! half-life maps exist too! with working ladders, crouching, and monsters replacing the originals!

take a look at the expo from 2008 for more details, though some of this is a bit outdated thanks to more and more awesome features that hit in 2009!

Quake Expo 2008 - Hosted by Tastyspleen.net

current ip is 74.54.186.230:27500

as for Travail, wow. the maps, the architecture, the wide open areas..beautiful. a well crafted mod, with a neat soundtrack and awesome new monsters!
                            Last edited by Trickle; 01-03-2010, 01:41 PM.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

is it quakeworld? I don't roll that way homie

Comment

Custom TF is more fun IMHO. You can take abilities from different classes and create your own class.

I've been trying to get it working as a NQ server by using FTE, however I've had nothing but trouble. I would love to find out if there's a way to get TF Coop either Mega or Custom working for NQ users like us.

Comment

Working...
                                X