Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard: Name that Map!

The "Name That Map!" Quiz

Assembled are screenshots of 11 well-known single player maps. Most of the screenshots are a dead giveaway for the pictured map.

Of course, you must have had to have either played the map or have read about it. If you have not, the screenshots themselves display a nice diversity of the kinds of maps that have been made.

If you know what the map is part of, just say that.

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

1. I cant recall the name, it is an Indian name though iirc... Prayanavita Aasanjiatarrodiija to just make something up off the top of my head that looks Indian.

3. The Lost Chapter by Kell ? Its in one of his Lovecraftian maps, that area was a bit difficult.

5. Moonlight Assault? Been a long while.

6. Dont recall the name, but its in the Nehahra expansion I think.

7. Another map name I dont recall, but Ive always loved Iika's basemap textures...

9. This is beyond easy if youre a true Quake fan my man, you are about to receive the testament of the destroyer, the silently spoken words you have journeyed so long for, wading deep in the blood of your foes and the flesh of your own corpse. No sanguinarian can deliver you from the torment that is his mighty abominating will!
    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

1. Avinapaala Praasaada (somethin like that)
      3. Libris Vergintinis (somethin like that)
      9. Zerstorer

I recognize the screenshots of some of the others, just can't think of the right name.

Comment

My first post...

1. Avanipaala Praasaada by Killjoy
        2. Arabian Nights by Daz
        3. Contract Revoked Part I - Libris Vertiginis by Kell
        4. The Middle Evil by Jean-Marc Gruninger
        5. Moonlight Assault by Tyrann
        6. The Tides of War - Soulstice by TimElek
        7. Operation Urth Majik - by Fat Controller
        8. Rapture by [Kona] and Tronyn
        9. Zerstörer by Nihilism Unlimited
        10. Soul of Evil by Tronyn and many others
        11. ... erm... could be a Neil Manke map?

Hey! A lot of TeamShambler screenies here!

Shut down the lights, crank up your sound system and load Middle Evil... Unmissable!
        Get the file here

˜jX

Comment

Yeah I wouldve gotten a lot more had I hopped over to TEAMShambler as I knew they were there, but felt it was a bit like cheating...

When all of this is said and done he needs to provide working download links for all of these for those who havent played them.

Comment

Most of TeamShambler links are dead, yes but actually, a lot of those levels are reviewed (with working dl links) on Retroquake website.

Authors websites of above listed levels:

Daz Dranz level cave
            Sign of Koth
            ELEK Tertiary Concepts
            Tyrann's Nevermore
            Operation Urth Majik
            [Kona]'s Etheral Hell
            Tronyn's Bazaar
            Zerstörer - Testament of the Destroyer
            and
            Neil Manke's Black Widow Games

I fell in love with Quake when I first visited TeamShambler website years ago. I drooled on those small pics so much... I know them by heart!
            For sure this 'Name That Map' game might have been *harder* with unreleased captures...

˜jX
            Last edited by JohnXmas; 03-26-2006, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I prefer Matt Sefton's single player Quake level heaven, which is much older, but it is much easier to read on virtue of background contrast with text alone.

Comment

Yeah... Etheral Hell, SPQ Level heaven, Quake Map Hotel, Crash's Level Reviews... all gone but not forgotten!

As appetizer, Aardappel recommends made me start endless Google searches...
                Home of the first Q1SP 100Brush contest, the DMSP mod (and open source MP/SP FPS Cube and Sauerbraten!)

˜jX

edit: I forgot 10 Four!
                Last edited by JohnXmas; 04-05-2006, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnXmas
                  Hey! A lot of TeamShambler screenies here!
                  That's where I got most of them. I didn't have time to make my own and probably wouldn't have done as well.

I didn't want to credit TeamShambler in the quiz because then everyone would have gone to TeamShambler and cheated :d :d

Map reviews (1997 to 2001)--> http://www.planetquake.com/teamshambler/

#11 is from Duke of Ontranto, I think. Either than or RC2 or RC3, I can't remember. It is from the author's page: http://www.planetquake.com/fatty/

p.s.: I thought the ending to Zerstorer was very evil and cruel. Very dark, indeed.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

DMSP is neat, but I prefer deathmatch mode 7 in the DarkPlaces mod. Its the same thing, only the monsters are much tougher and provide a more interesting challenge - add on with that stainmaps and you can get some bloody scenarios, such as:

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                      #11 is from Duke of Ontranto, I think.
                      This shot is from his (hopefully soon) UPCOMING project Arcane!
                      God I KNEW I never played this one...

˜jX

Comment

Originally posted by JohnXmas
                        This shot is from his (hopefully soon) UPCOMING project Arcane!
                        God I KNEW I never played this one...

˜jX
                        I could have swore being in that room somewhere, but I've seen a lot nice libraries in Quake. Looks kinda like the library in one of the team fortress maps.

Comment

Very crafty! Most idiots upload the map name as the filename.
                          Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
                            Very crafty! Most idiots upload the map name as the filename.
                            Thanks! ... I think?!

Comment

Baker isnt most idiots, most is plural, and hes just one man! =D

Comment

Working...
                              X