I've been working on this since the Quake 1 rerelease dropped, and now it's finally done
I'll go ahead and put the download link at the start of the post here -- most of the rest of this information is also in the readme inside the archive, since I'm going to be putting it out on a couple Discord groups and I don't want to be making really long posts there. The main thing you need to know is that the zip archive contains two versions of the soundtrack, one of which adds some experimental voice stuff to some of the songs, so if you just want to set it up you'll have to take a quick look at the readme to figure out which version you want to use.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ce6...ew?usp=sharing

Alright, now for the real description!
This is a soundtrack mod written specifically for MachineGames's 2021 Quake episode "Dimension of the Machine". Given the higher monster counts and overall faster pace of the combat in the episode compared to the base campaign,
I chose to write a mix of ambient and heavy tracks with an emphasis on dark and hostile atmosphere across the board. To that end, the biggest genre influences on these songs were probably industrial, doom/sludge metal, and a little bit of black metal for good measure
The overall effect is meant to come across like a mix of Quake's original NIN tracks and the heavier, discordant guitar-synth-and-orchestra stylings from Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity.
I’m not a great guitarist by any means, and I'd really describe this as "metal-adjacent" rather than just "metal", but hopefully there's still something in here that the metal fans of the iD communities can enjoy.

While the default version of this soundtrack is instruments-only, I've also made an alternate take of some of the songs which contain a sort of atmospheric vocal. The idea here is that, with the voices fairly low in the mix; and performed, layered, and produced in bizarre ways; the sound of these voices could make the level environments feel even more inhuman. If you're curious about it, I'd certainly recommend at least giving it a try-- the overall effect isn't entirely unlike the "metal choir" parts in Doom Eternal. If you think that's not for you, you can just stick with the default version of the mod-- this stuff is definitely experimental.
Both versions are included within the download archive.

While there's nothing stopping you from using these tracks with Arcane Dimensions or some other set of levels, I can’t promise that they're going to fit very well-- these songs were pretty specifically written for this one purpose.

Finally, if you don’t feel like playing the game but you do want to listen to some industrial rock with truly bizarre vocal styles, this whole thing is also available as an album, entitled Mythos Mechanism, at https://vertigofox.bandcamp.com