Forgotten Tomb By Trinca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten Tomb By Trinca

Our favorite Portuguese Quake Player, Trinca, has released his second single player map, the Forgotten Tomb.

Trinca is an all around map fanatic who has created bot waypoints for dozens upon dozens of maps, has a huge collection of map and an outstanding collection of 24 bit textures.

Last year, he decided to start making maps.

Download location: Fixed Version, WinRAR format

Also: Func_Msgboard map release commentary

Sometime in the future, I will post information/screenshots of Trinca's most-liked DM maps. He introduced me to some maps that really look slick that I had never seen. He also hooked me up with some great textures.

Trinca's waypoint website: http://trinca.no.sapo.pt/
    Last edited by Baker; 03-29-2006, 01:32 AM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I just finished trying out this map, and I have to say that it was a very fun map.

It has the old school Quake custom map feel, beautiful choices of textures and basically in summary this was an action map with new age craftsmanship.

Lots of monsters, nothing too complicated and several areas and rooms are just astounding.

They didn't have good mapping tools back in the 1996-1998 era. The texture choices and just how great everything looked in the a lot of places made this one of the few good looking action maps I've seen.

You don't see action maps any more, and the old action maps were really ugly.

This map was great and you don't have to be a serious single player type to enjoy it.

I wish I would have remembered to take screenshots in a couple of areas, like the ogre ambush area. That looked really great.

(And yes, to the traditionalist, my JoeQuake screenshots will bring horror to your eyes. You haven't even seen how heinous my lightning gun is or my gold rocket launcher ... click these links, if YOU DARE: My red lightning gun and my golden rocket launcher)
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

thks Baker is a very fast map indead!!! i made in about 15 days and only at work in dead hours(no weekends)...eheheh already start trincasp3 but this one i will take time... will try to make something people will remenber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trinca
        i made in about 15 days and only at work in dead hours(no weekends)...eheheh
        Damn! And I thought I screwed around a lot at work

(I'm joking ... Or Am I??? Hmmm)

Comment

i´m making a new version... forgot to test in nightmare mode... is impossible!!! so i remove some ogres...

Comment

I try to avoid playing maps on nightmare, I'm not quite that good

Your other recently released map, Escape!, I haven't been able to play it yet. I've tried to download it off Quaddicted but it always says "Document in use".

It looks like your first one has been downloaded 490 times, maybe Quaddicted's server only lets one user download a single file at a time.

I've been trying to download that one for 2 days now.

Comment

Baker map suck a lot but if u want to see!!!

http://trinca.no.sapo.pt/maps/trincasp1.rar

Comment

Baker please update ULR fixed map is this link!!!

http://trinca.no.sapo.pt/maps/trincasp2.rar

Comment

I added that link in the first post as an alternate download location. I'll check out your first one tonight.

Comment

Baker but Quaddicted version is not the fix version... neg|ke cant delete the file... put just my URL i dont have band limit in my webby

a nightmare demo for u guys to learn the map

http://trinca.no.sapo.pt/maps/trincasp2_nightmare.dz

if this one dont work try this

http://trinca.no.sapo.pt/maps/trincasp2_nightmare.rar
                    Last edited by Trinca; 03-29-2006, 01:49 AM.

Comment

I had left the zip version there because not all Quake players use WinRAR and I wanted to have a version for regular zip available, but I forgot about the nightmare fix ... link fixed.

Comment

omg thks .dz file sometimes dont work

http://trinca.no.sapo.pt/maps/trincasp2_nightmare.rar

Comment

I played it and had a lot of fun with it. I found four of the secrets.

The only problem I really saw was that there wasn't enough ammo distributed to take on as many of the stronger monsters. But otherwise it is a fun level.

Comment

I'll download it right now Trinca dood. Maybe you can give me some quality map help when I have time and schools out.

Comment

Working...
                            X