Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Quake SP mission - Early development.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Quake SP mission - Early development.

I'm working on a new Quake SP mission but it won't be released until later in the year. This map is still in early development so don't expect much:

Good looking so far!
    -Whoever wins, we lose-

Comment

Are you using q3bsp with curved surfaces or a silly amount of brushes for that roundness on the first screenshot?

Nice to see a new mapper!
      Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

The curves are Quake brushes, not curved surfaces. This map will work on any version of Quake.

I will get back to work on this map very soon. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by judgex View Post
          The curves are Quake brushes, not curved surfaces. This map will work on any version of Quake.
          If true, looks very nice.

Hopes it is true but is having trouble imagining how this could be so?

Any interest in uploading the above map-in-progress? If you've discovered some super secret way to make good looking curves in Quake, you could be the next Ponce De Leon.

Can this actually be possible?
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I guess you won't believe me until you see it in Quake. Download this map:

http://h1.ripway.com/judgeyx/test.bsp

Comment

+GASP+ Must...Know....secret....Mapping...Skill...To do this stuff <8O

Comment

nice, but.. in my experience, using soft curves like that will make you run into the engine limits very soon and vis times will take ages (literally) as the map gets bigger.. (func_walls do help with vis times but take more clipnodes -> keep an eye on the limits)

Comment

It's a load of func_walls actually. This would probably get you into trouble if the map gets bigger and entities are added. You could optimise the curves a bit I guess but in the end you might be better of modeling them with less curvy from solid brushes.

Comment

I'm still impressed. I didn't think even faking something like that in Quake 1 was possible.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Oh sure, QuArK has some tools to do such things. http://f.imagehost.org/0287/dp000001.png
                      But using those obviously leads to problems shortly after (just like QuArK always does).

Comment

learn how to use quark and its a great editor.. sure it has a few minor quirks, but show me an editor that has none.. anyways, i found quark to be the most intuitive editor of the lot and easy to setup.. (getting a bit tired of all this quark bashing for no good reason other then lack of experience with it..)

i suspect most of this comes from using a very old version anyways or problems with the ETP .map format, which will make all vertices be outputted as floating points -> likely to give the compiler tools problems..

use standard quake format or valve 220 format and stay on grid -> all works fine..
                        Last edited by =peg=; 02-02-2009, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Cooooool map !! :d
                          http://euroquake.webs.com

Comment

Stack a deck of cards, then hold down firm and twist you will create a helix. Do this in Quake BSP and ugh there will be alot of hidden polys drawn for nothing. Wish a BSP program would carve the outter edge and cull the hidden values ... :/
                            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Update.

I added the first monster to my mission today - the Enforcer. The picture is below.

The Enforcer slides down the edge of the platform and lands on the floor below if you shoot at him.

Comment

Working...
                              X