No announcement yet.

Soundtrack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um, I thought E: was the default drive used by Quake? I have my CD in E:, and it works fine. I don't know what Quake engine you are using, and I don't know if any of the engines have a way to force Quake to look for a different drive.

What version of Windows are you using? If you are using XP, then you can always just change the Letter of the virtual drive to D. Go to Control Panel, Computer Management, and look for Disk Management. At the lower half of the window, look for the Virtual Drive. Right click on it, and go to "change drive letter and paths". Then click "Change". Now you can select whatever you want.

Comment

Hmm, did all that, drive letter changed, thx, didnt know you could do that.
      buuuut for some reason that didnt seem to fix the problem.
      Neither darkplaces nor DirectQ will believe that the iso is an AUDIO cd..
      I guess I have to convert them to cda?
      I dont want to waste a cd by burning it then making an iso of that when i already have an iso maker and iso mounter. Any ideas on what it could be (if not cda)
      Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

Ok, by doing a NUMBER of dirty tricks (I disabled my REAL cd drive, so that the virtual drive would be the only one read from) I got darkplaces to read it as an audio cd.
        It believes its an audio cd..but then when it goes to play track 2 it says "bad track #2"

bleh

Comment

Whoops! I apologize. I went back and looked at the images I created, and they are actually .nrg files. It had been a while since I created those images, and I completely forgot that the .ISO format does not support multi-track audio. I usually use .ISO for everything else - but basically, it's only for storing raw data, which most likely won't be read by old games. Do you have Nero? You could always click on "burn an audio CD", and select the music files you wish to make an Image of. When you start the burn process, it will ask you which drive to use; select "Image Recorder". This will create an .nrg file that supports multi-track. Your virtual drive programs should be able to load this format, due to it's popularity and widespread use.

If you don't have Nero, then I'm sure there are free programs on the net that could create an image that supports multi-track. Just do a bit of googling. It would probably work best if you had Nero, however.
          Last edited by Lightning_Hunter; 09-11-2009, 01:09 AM.

Comment

ripped to nrg, (uhm sort of) lol
            I give up for now. Thanks for the help.
            Got /cdtracks working in darkplaces though!...except I got that flickering issue with darkplaces still. ... bleh. *goes to look to see what baker had to say about that*

Comment

Wait, the .nrg file didn't work then?

Comment

Bad track number still...I mounted an iso, and ripped it as NRG.

Comment

I dont have nero..

Comment

Working...
                  X