New SP map, work in progress...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SP map, work in progress...

I'm working on a SP map that I would need some beta testers. Hopefully in a few weeks or sooner there will be something to play. Right now it's uninhabited.

Here are a few screens.
    Attached Files

Two more screens.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks very atmospheric. Hoping that the gameplay can live up to the looks. Available for testing once you get closer to the time.
      16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
      16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Indeed.

I'd be interested in testing, too.

R_speeds?
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

r_speeds range from 400 to 1800 wpoly and 500 epoly max. I have an older laptop with integrated 16mb ATI video and it's fine on this even after fast vising. It will require fitzquake, darkplaces, or a client that supports large maps.

I can make it available for a walk through but I don't have a place to upload it to.

Comment

Uploaded Files [pw = ilovetheshubhub]

least i think that was the password

Comment

I uploaded the full build from last night. It's been worked on today. Things have been added, removed, altered. etc... since the version I've uploaded. I use fitz quake to test it. I've gone through it with darkplaces but fitz runs better on my laptop. I'm hoping Rook will update Qrack soon (hint hint) to support large maps.

http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/fi...maps/ae1m1.rar

Comment

Parts of it look very nice (mostly the Q3 derived bits). The lighting would be what I would focus on, the minlight makes the map have low contrasts and an overall washed out look. I recommend ditching minlight completely and invest a day or two into lighting. Play with the attenuation and delay, it can help a lot.
                The map itself seems like potpourri of smaller pieces, but I think with some good gameplay it will shine.
                Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Minlight? There are enough black spots I think.

Otherwise, what Spirit said. I would suggest not making everything round - it feels a little like you're showing off your editor's features.
                  Scout's Journey
                  Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I'll wait until you've populated the map before taking a look...
                    16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I've used local minlights so I can find my way around. You can tell a lot of the areas aren't finished yet.

Comment

nuice map, i like how you start in an unnerving area and move to a lighter slightly less unnerving area in blue

one thing though, can you set the track number to something other than one, i know you can do this in QuArK in 'worldspawn' by right clicking and going to 'specifics' or hwatknot

Comment

Set the "sounds" key in worldspawn

Comment

I'd love to be a beta tester if some spots are still open for the task.
                            So far from what I can tell from those screenshots it looks great and keep up the good work!

Comment

I uploaded a fast vised version with some monsters added. There are Quoth entities so you will need qouth.

http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/fi...s/ae1m1_01.rar

Comment

Working...
                              X