Usually Not Afraid of Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usually Not Afraid of Dogs

I'm not going to say what this is, but I ran across it in a new single player release.

I heard the "dog saw me" noise and then when I saw the attack this beast does, I ran.

I was expecting a normal Quake dog when I turned the corner, and I was rather shocked when I turned the corner -- probably the most shocked in 2 or 3 years.

There is STILL some incredible creativity in the larger Quake community.

I won't say more. Eventually someone else will blurt out what this is in, but knowing what it is in ahead of time kills the suspense. And I know this thread will be guaranteed forgotten in 2 weeks and it may be 2 weeks until this becomes a news item so ...
    Last edited by Baker; 12-29-2009, 05:35 AM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

He he he... This Hell's dogs are awesome indeed
    I played AWORP pack yesterday night, and I found it amazing !
    What Does Not Kill You, Makes You Stronger

Comment

can someone tell me what map pack this is?

Comment

check this Func_Msgboard: A Roman Wilderness Of Pain By PM And Tronyn Released!

Comment

Lava Hound?
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I need to get alsa working in Quake.

Fuck. D:
            Gentoo Linux

Comment

im azn. dogs = meat.

Comment

ive always thought of trying dog on a few occasions

and also camel, cat, any reptile....

Comment

ive always thought of trying dog on a few occasions
                  I hope seriously you are not talking about sex.....

Comment

I found te mod that the dog is in. Anyone else have problems running it in darkplaces? I have no problems playing the original id levels, mission packs or mods using DP, but when I try this one, The first level takes FOREVER to load and is extremely choppy to where it's unplayable. Any solutions besides a different engine?

Comment

A different engine.

Sorry, but DP does get seriously choppy with this kind of map architecture (I've seen it drop below 1 FPS on occasion).
                      IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

what do you think is the best engine for it?

Comment

Most single player releases have FitzQuake 0.85 as a primary target with expectation of the same performance in Enhanced GLQuake.

Fitzquake
                          The Homepage of Bengt Jardrup

FitzQuake is the defacto single player map engine of choice.

DarkPlaces has a history of not being able to play many modern single player releases very well (Travail, Warpspasm, ARWOP, etc.)
                          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

If you've got a GeForce 6xxx (or equivalent) or better, and are on Windows, try DirectQ (links in my sig). It can run most maps that other engines fall to 20 or less FPS on at 70+.
                            IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

On top of that, DirectQ has some very cool features:

- proper sky / lighting / underwater-warp / fog / dynamic light-styles
                              - TopDown orthogonal auto-map view
                              - Maps menu with mapshots to find that one map you forgot about

support for:
                              - colored lights
                              - external 24 bit replacement textures in .zip / .pk3
                              - .mp3 music (no need to burn cd's)
                              - bestweapon / lastweapon commands
                              - inc command

Single-Player + DirectQ = Win(dows)

/fanboy post

Comment

Working...
                              X