EZQuake and Undergate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZQuake and Undergate

I recently wanted to play Quake 1 again after many years and found that there is all these different clients and getting to to run in Vista was a challenge. Anyway, the EZQuake client runs fantastically on my system (my computer's only about a year old). I wanted to play some other single player maps and found the Undergate collection, but I can't get it to run with EZquake. I tried the 3 other clients that come with undergate (Winquake, Fitzquake, and GLQuake) but the play is choppy and slow. I know EZquake is not designed for single player but it works best for me. Does anyone know how I can get undergate to work with ezquake??? TIA

Unzip the qwprogs.dat into the undergate folder and you are all set:

http://www.quake-1.com/files/maps/ez...te-qwprogs.zip
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Still doesn't work. I put 'exec undergate' into the console and it crashes. I tried 'map undergate' and that puts me into the undergate but when I choose a level it goes straight to the rankings screen.

I put larger heapsize (1 Gb, my RAM is 4 Gb) in the command line for Fitzquake, and now it's at least playable, but it's still nothing like how smooth ezQuake is. There is no chop whatsoever, graphics are sharp, and I feel super nimble in ezQuake. There isn't that split second of lag when a knight's in your face that makes you not move fast enough.

Anyway, if you have a solution I would love to hear it. In the meantime I realized I have never played the two expansion packs, Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution Eternity, so I'm going to get those from Steam and see if I can run those in ezQuake.

Comment

Working...
      X