• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP: Invein, standalone Nehahra map

Map Name: Invein
    Year Made: 2001
    Review Link: Team Shambler

Download at Quaddicted: Invein.zip Detail Page

I was looking thru some old Func_Msgboard posts and was reviewing a list of links that Shambler had provided in response to a thread I once started and found this map.

The thing that caught my eye is that it is a Nehahra map.

For those who don't know what Nehahra is, it is a heavily modified Quake that allows superior and much more dangerous monster AI, real glass, fog and an array of new types of bad guys.

To my knowledge, it can only be used in conjunction with DarkPlaces, JoeQuake and therefore QRack plus a special Nehahra engine.

Excerpt from the review:

"The first entirely independent addon map for Nehahra, and a pretty successful one too, that uses some of Nehahra's effects to enhance the semi-realistic nature of the map, and some of Nehahra's monster AI to give spooky gameplay. It's a large industrial base map - a waste facility - with a backing story that sees you investigating damage from a meteor storm, and possible alien incursion. Well, "probable" alien incursion =). The map's theme is unusual, a bit more Half-Lifey than Quakey, with pale grey wall panels and rusty rivets used throughout . Unlike Half-Life, there's plenty of good architecture, including an impressive central silo and some great open areas that look dramatically out onto a superb mountainous skybox, which is so good you can almost feel the fresh air... Angles and curves are well used throughout, along with industrial designs like power cores and ominous throbbing structures. Although the walls are rather repetitive (and the textures are a bit crude up close), there's good details including vents and inset pipe sections." --- Team Shambler Review
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Play Invein with MacNehahra on OS X!
    This is a high class map you'll never forget.
    Alien infection is leaking everywhere.
    Real lighting is not common on Mac Quake engines.
    The overwhelming putrid haze is pure delight here!

Of course, you need MacNehahra and the full Nehahra game to play this map...

Don't wait. Just go for it!

Comment

Working...
    X