Deleted Enemies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted Enemies

Friend and I are doing a mini-mod which combines Q1 with the Mission Packs. We would like to add the removed enemies though too.
    I have a playable version of QTest but still need information.

Nail Ogre - AI seems to favor the chainsaw more and he occasionally fires a nail. So no further information needed.

Beta Scrag - The scrag we know now only deadlier as it's attack is explosive.

---

These are the ones I need more info on, on either known code OR from what has been said about them.

~Serpent - it's untextured and floats around. Doesn't seem to do much more. What were it's attacks and was it suppose to be a air enemy or like the rotfish and water only?

~Dragon - not in the QTest level (phil2.bsp) BUT had a complete model. I've seen mods and custom c code for it BUT what was the actual AI suppose to be like and attacks?

~Wizard - Know it's that untextured now-Vore enemy. Again the usual questions - what was it's attacks suppose to be? I am guessing it was going to be like the Scrag is now? We have thought of reskinning it and making it basically like a Scrag with the Vore's attack.

~Vomitus - All know it's basically a huge slimeball that appears to be a obese tarbaby. I have used a mod which had it shoot basically rockets. In QTest it's useless. What were it's orig attacks suppose to be? Thus far we have thought of just making it a slow moving enemy that deals HEAVY damage if you actually get hit (but shouldnt due to how slow it is) and has high health - upon death explodes and releases a couple tarbabies.

~Axe Ogre - Know NOTHING about this version. I have only seen 1 screenshot and I am not sure if it's even real (as in was officially part of quakes development). Now obviously in place of the chainsaw it the axe - but did he have any other weapon or was it axe only?

~Others? Any that we have missed?

Objective of the mod is simply merge Q1 and it's 2 expansions as said above. Add basic features (gib corpses, all bosses killable, gib zombies on walls, footsteps, ect). So it would be compatible with Q1 and it's expansions and will also allow mappers to use content in all 3. So having say the Dragon from MissionPack 2 flying overhead while Armagon is firing at you.
    QTest weapons we will add in very hard to get places - they serve no purpose in Q1 or the expansions but would be nice to find them lol.

From official info:

~Serpent - flies around like some fairy and whacks you with its tail

~Dragon - flies around in the skybox, occasionally swooping in to toast you with flame breath

~Wizard - Dunno which character you are refering to

~Vomitus - doesn't explode, spits out mini-vomiti that suicide into you

~Axe Ogre - axe & spade/cleaver

Comment

This wizard:

Comment

The addition of the Mission Packs is a particularly promising idea. If you could work out a way to do this as a plugin (or alternatively just clearly comment your code) so that people could add MP1/2 to any mod they could get the QC files for that would be incredible.
        Qoetia B4 == 1.93Mb

Expo Booth '08
        !AXATAXA! == 355.24 Kb Want to take on Quake with only your axe?
        Hunting shamblers since 1996.

Comment

~Wizard - doesn't fly, shoots out something similar to the plasmabolt from DoE, can also teleport enemies to a safe distance away

Comment

Ty on that, hmmm likely wouldnt be able to do the teleport enemies - maybe spawn some - make it attack like the Vore's and when it travels a certain distance (timed) it will spawn a random low level enemy?
            I figured it was going to be like the Vore is now - but lower health and flys.

Comment

Originally posted by ooppee View Post
              Ty on that, hmmm likely wouldnt be able to do the teleport enemies - maybe spawn some - make it attack like the Vore's and when it travels a certain distance (timed) it will spawn a random low level enemy?
              I figured it was going to be like the Vore is now - but lower health and flys.

This would be an awesome enemy!

I also just realized what your avatar is.. LOL thats hardcore!
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Incase you misunderstood me:
                That wizard was supposed to tele the player/enemies away from it
                (so the double barrelled shotgun would be less useful as the wizard would tele you a distance away enough that most of the pellets would miss)

Comment

Closest option then is to make it act like the Thunderbolt with heavy kickback and little to no damage. So player gets near - it does this (replaces melee attack). So player nears, gets pushed back harshly can edit how long the attack lasts based upon skill level or leave duration the same but decrease/increase knockback. Not quite teleporting BUT it will give off the same overall effect. Not teleported but pushed back quickly.

The Teleporting:

Originally posted by ooppee View Post
                  hmmm likely wouldnt be able to do the teleport enemies
                  (or players)

Programming it to select a enemy and then teleport it could cause alot of issues with coding (even with making it teleport the player). As it would need a way to detect "hit" the player and then find a spot to teleport him. Making it randomized could easily result in inside walls and all. Could make it teleports him to a random deathmatch spawn - but issues could arise from that:
                  Could make him spawn ahead/way back in the map
                  In Co-Op telefragging could be a big issue

The only way to really do this would be to add entities to the map basically saying if you are on this entity (large area) the active spawn you can get sent to are... (various "tele-exits" you place in map).

I want this to really only be a addon - meaning no editing of maps. You boot it up and load Q1 or either of the 2 mission packs and the addons are available.
                  Why I suggested the whole teleports in new enemies. Closest thing to do.

The last option would be to make "start" spawns also get a teleporter exit id of lets say 255 and the attack gets a tele entrance id of also 255. So the attack would spawn them back at the start of the map

Edit:
                  Looks like it's already been done lol
                  http://www.inside3d.com/qctut/qctut-49.shtml
                  Basically exactly as I said really except throws a Lavaball at a distance - I would be making it the Vore's attack (as mine will look like a Vore - AND it's the enemy that became the Vore). So overall it will be a Vore that can push you away. In the code - will replace the Vore 25% (or more) of the time.
                  Last edited by LambentHammerBurst; 11-03-2010, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X