Flying Rotfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Rotfish

It seems like every other year when I'm playing quake's singleplayer maps (regardless of engine), I end up with a flying rotfish on a random map. The only thing different this time is using DPMod. This one can't move other than to look at me, but sometimes they have.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's had this happen before.
    Assuming I'm not, does anybody know what causes this, or if it's been fixed in any engines?

Screenshot from E4M7:
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ChronoSeth View Post
    This one can't move other than to look at me, but sometimes they have.
    He likes you.

Comment

The rotifsh simply went through the portal thats in the h20 just below those steps.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

That doesn't explain other things that have happened... for example, once I found a rotfish flying towards me when I was on the last bridge of The Crypt of Decay. No underwater portals there...

Then, there's a custom map my brother made (years ago) that placed rotfish inside floating spheres of water... and the rotfish just flew out.

(now that I think about it, I've had this happen on E4M7 a few times... I forgot about that portal...)

Comment

In the The Crypt of Decay there is an elevator in the water that sometimes lifts the Rotfish out

Comment

could be chalked up as bugs.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
              In the The Crypt of Decay there is an elevator in the water that sometimes lifts the Rotfish out
              Yes, but the elevator doesn't go that high. And the rotfish was quite distanced from the elevator.
              (why am I defending a possible bug?)

Comment

cuz you experienced it! might I recommend next time you see one occuring , drop console (tilde ~ button), and record rotfishbug

and when your done recording, stop.

Then your experience becomes our experience

Comment

Working...
                X