• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP: Once Upon Atrocity

Map Name: Once upon Atrocity
    Year Made: 2002
    Review Link: Underworld Fan

Download at Quaddicted: ne_sp06.zip

It's not a good map, it's not a great map -- it's an absolutely ELITE map.

When I first discovered single player maps, I was fortunate enough to find this in the Underworld Fan's Hall of Fame.

This map has an environment and atmosphere like no other map I have ever played. The background sounds, the various landscapes and bridges add an amazing amount of character.

The bad guys in this map also included some great surprises.

This is on my personal short list of most fun and exciting maps I've ever played, it's in my personal top 3.

Originally posted by Spoilers
    Spoilers ... Do NOT highlight the following text if you plan on playing this map:

Map contains regular shamblers, less powerful black shamblers, more powerful fire shamblers, hell knights with force fields and features a dragon at the end of the map.
    Additionally, this is one of the few maps I've seen that requires a grenade jump in a strategic location to proceed (I could be wrong on this).

About midpoint thru the game, there is an area you can see but there doesn't seem to be any way to reach it except with a grenade jump as you don't have a rocket launcher at that point.

edit = revised link to Quaddicted
    edit = fixed PlanetQuake image links since they just changed stuff (fun!)
    Last edited by Baker; 05-04-2006, 05:12 AM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Hey Baker, why are these threads starting with SP? :S

Comment

SP = Single player, Monsieur Sniper.

Makes life easier for the single player crowd to spot what interests them when they look at the recent topics on the homepage.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

cool, just making sure

Comment

I've played this map. Very awesome, wouldn't call it ELITE though... I haven't found many SP maps that are piss-in-your-pants fun.. I'll play it again and see what I think hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
            I haven't found many SP maps that are piss-in-your-pants fun..
            What ones do you think fall into that category?

I go by the feeling I get the first time I play a map.

Comment

Working...
            X