E2M3 - The Crypt of Decay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E2M3 - The Crypt of Decay

Im playing currently single player quake on hard skill. Now i reached E2M3, got all secrets and visible monsters but i still need 6 more monsters. It says Kills 48/54. Is this a bug?

It is an original Quake bug in the QuakeC game logic (progs.dat).

It double counts fish. So if a map has 6 fish, it will show 12 total monsters and if you kill all the fish it would say 6/12, for example.

Ironically, Engine X comes with a fish count fixed progs.dat that it uses instead of the Quake with pretty much that single bug fix. That QuakeC bug is rather annoying.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Ah, thanks for the info. I wondered why i couldn't find them. So in any level that has fish the monster count isn't right, right? Im using darkplaces btw.

Comment

Originally posted by grave_digga View Post
        Ah, thanks for the info. I wondered why i couldn't find them. So in any level that has fish the monster count isn't right, right? Im using darkplaces btw.
        Yep. The engine doesn't matter, all engines interpret the compiled QuakeC essentially the same. Engine X, like JoeQuake/Qrack, prioritizes its own gamedir over the id1 gamedir so I took advantage of that hackily and "injected" a fix when using that engine by including a fixed progs.dat in the engine gamedir with the distribution.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Do you remember which lines of code you changed inside the progs.dat? Then i could correct that in my file.

[Edit]

Or provide your fixed progs.dat would be much easier.

[/Edit]

Comment

Originally posted by grave_digga View Post
            [Edit]

Or provide your fixed progs.dat would be much easier.

[/Edit]
            Download Engine X, open whatever pak files in Pakscape. Locate progs.dat. Viola! You found fish fixed progs.dat. Your Quake Level +1.

Although I didn't use this, also of interest:

Quake Info Pool - Classic Quake - QuakeC Fixes

Comment

I remember a glitch where you walk straight through walls...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                Yep. The engine doesn't matter, all engines interpret the compiled QuakeC essentially the same. Engine X, like JoeQuake/Qrack, prioritizes its own gamedir over the id1 gamedir so I took advantage of that hackily and "injected" a fix when using that engine by including a fixed progs.dat in the engine gamedir with the distribution.
                could be a future feature to write a configuration guide in QuakeC to be executed when the engine starts up for the first time....
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                X