X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by Maraakate View Post
    Hey Baker, can you either release the map src or can you update undergate.bsp to have more than one spawn point?
    The map source *should* be in the distribution (it was included in the original distribution in 2006). Let me know if you can't find it. I open source pretty much everything I do.

A technological challenge ... spawn points. See even if you add a extra spawn point in the gateway map, it won't make the 100+ provided maps have an extra spawn point ... if you see what I mean.

This has the source for sure:

http://quake-1.com/files/maps/undergate-standalone.zip (2006) [undergate.bsp by itself]
    Last edited by Baker; 11-04-2011, 09:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Maraakate
    replied
    Hey Baker, can you either release the map src or can you update undergate.bsp to have more than one spawn point?

Leave a comment:

• bluntz
    replied
    If anyone knows it would be TV

Leave a comment:

• Maraakate
    replied
    I have it hosted on QW at maraakate.servegame.com:27503.

Everything works as far as I know, except the Return command. Can someone fix this up in QC so it will function?

For now you can use
    "rcon bababooey newgame"
    to return to the undergate.bsp map.

Leave a comment:

• LamentConfiguration
    replied
    Thank you for this, it is exactly what I need

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by daniocampo1992 View Post
    I don't remember a super secret shotgun.. :S
    First room, when you spawn ... look behind you. Strike wall with ax.

And there it is

Leave a comment:

• DaniOcampo1992
    replied
    What is the ending to "A Tale of Abbott's Rune?"
    I already played this, you get the rune, put it over a pedestal and that fool (I don't remember his name) takes you back home..

There is a secret super-shotgun in "Destroy Base". Where is this?
    I don't remember a super secret shotgun.. :S

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    I think at one point in time I had DL'd and Installed Undergate, but its been so long, now I must download + archive, and see about playing Undergate via LAN

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Even though I like the idea of an Undergate with all the standard maps, I'd question if anyone has really even played this set of 104 maps to completion.

For example:

1. There are 2 notably difficult achievements in the map "The Pit". I'd be surprised if anyone can answer even one of them.

2. What is the ending to "A Tale of Abbott's Rune?"

3. How do you get back to the beginning in the "Monolith Complex?"

4. There is a secret super-shotgun in "Destroy Base". Where is this?

5. In Moonlite Assault, there is an area with dead trees? What happens there?

6. There is a few secret healthboxes in Avanipaala Praasaada. Where do you find the one nearest the beginning of the level?

7. There is an ultra-classic map in this set that features only blue textures [and is a speedrunner classic]. What is the name of this level?

8. Which map do you have to go through an outhouse "toilet" to get out of the start of the level?

9. Which map features a windtunnel near the start of the map with knights fighting you?

10. What map takes you deep, deep underground in a series of ever complicated set of tombs?

11. What level requires you to go through a very circular flooded area where you nearly drown to reach the final stage of the map?

12. What map famously pairs you up with no weapons and an evil spawn near the beginning of the map?

13. What is the theme of the RPGSE maps?

I simply don't believe that more than a couple of players have finished even the levels presented in this set, many of them of which are extreme classics ... mostly because it would require many months to do.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by sb306 View Post
    That looks great. Yes. The undergate pack is awesome. It would be nice if there were more like it. :-)
    Maybe have like a mile long Undergate with 1000 maps. :-)
    I would play this.... 1 mile?! FN AWESOMEOMEOMEOM

Leave a comment:

• sb306
    replied
    Thank you Baker! The texture name is "sky_night.tga" if somebody is interested too..

Here's a pic:

I wonder if there's another map pack as this..
    That looks great. Yes. The undergate pack is awesome. It would be nice if there were more like it. :-)
    Maybe have like a mile long Undergate with 1000 maps. :-)

Leave a comment:

• DaniOcampo1992
    replied
    Thank you Baker! The texture name is "sky_night.tga" if somebody is interested too..

Here's a pic:

I wonder if there's another map pack as this..
    Last edited by DaniOcampo1992; 05-25-2011, 08:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Hello baker, are you Undergate's author?
    A wanna change the sky texture for darkplaces, but I need the texture name.. Can you tell me please?
    No idea what the texture name is. You can open the undergate.bsp in TexMex (download) and the texture with the word sky in it is the texture name.

Leave a comment:

• DaniOcampo1992
    replied
    Hello baker, are you Undergate's author?
    A wanna change the sky texture for darkplaces, but I need the texture name.. Can you tell me please?

Leave a comment:

• DaniOcampo1992
    replied
    Great! I'm gonna try this.. ((:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X