RQuake Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RQuake Update

ALL MAPS EXCEPT A3, LUNAR, LUNAR2, WOLFDMM3 and SPD_V2 SHOULD NOW FUNCTION PROPERLY.

There were some issues with RQuake and certain maps, almost all of those have been fixed.

On gigantic maps, like Insomnia, RC3 and CMC ... sometimes the server would choke due to the sheer number of gibs all over the place. This has been resolved, the mod now eliminates gibs and dead monster bodies after 10 seconds.

Additionally, the wrong server binary was being used, some certain maps had some functionality issues (9Terrors, etc.) That's been corrected as well. This was also the reason that the map colony had 6 players spawn at the same place, since the wrong server executable wasn't being used, the wrong spawn points set were being used. That's fixed.

It is my understanding that at this point EVERY MAP should now be perfectly playable with the exception of:

a3 - Gold key doesn't spawn due to a trigger (this will be fixed)
    lunar/lunar2/wolfdmm3 - These maps don't have exits -- they will :d
    spd_v2 seems to have a teleport to final exit area that can only be used once and if that player doesn't survive and exit, the gig is up. That will also be fixed

Additionally: There was a small jumping height issue that I believe has been resolved.

If you notice any problems, feel free to post them in this thread or over at RocketGuy's official RQuake forum at RuneCentral.

RQuake Team Cooperative Site: http://www.quakeone.com/rquake
    Last edited by Baker; 05-08-2006, 10:38 PM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

SWEET. Now the mod will be ROCK SOLID. NO more packetoverflows and crashing levels. WOOT!

Thanks RocketGuy. WE LOVE YOU

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
      ALL MAPS EXCEPT A3, LUNAR, LUNAR2, WOLFDMM3 and SPD_V2 SHOULD NOW FUNCTION PROPERLY.
      i would like to add terra5, which also has a 1-time teleporter issue.

Comment

Great stuff really enjoyed this mod and with those issues sorted it can ony be better

Comment

terra5 and spd_v2 are fixed, i also fixed a newly discovered glitch in czg07c

Comment

Did you fix the KSPQ series?

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
              Did you fix the KSPQ series?
              if you mean IKSPQ then yes.

Comment

yep, cool (fast reply)

Comment

Working...
                X