Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
    Hello bluntz,

Your recorded sounds sound almost identical to the casing sounds from the Tenshihan's GPL Soundbank (v1.0). It is from Nexuiz GPL team. Really nice job bluntz.
    These casing sounds are also used in the "small mod compilation", in which you can adjust their volume via cvar.
    I like the GPL casing sounds because the sound is starting from touching the ground (which is a bit louder), continue with the 1st and 2nd bounce while becoming more and more silent.
    That fits perfectly to Quake´s "MOVETYPE_BOUNCE" physics, because the casings also fall on the floor and bounce approx. 2-3 times before they lost their 'energy' completely. That is also what they do in real life (just like you recorded it).
    I use 3 slightly different casing sounds randomly to have a little variation in it.
    I am not quite sure why Smith seem to have changed that code.

Anyway, great recording job bluntz.
    If you have time, listen to the Tenshihan's GPL Soundbank´s casing sounds. They sound really almost like yours.

Best wishes,
    Seven
    Thanks for the review,the difference between mine and those are the codec.
    Those are captured at 44100 mhz mono.
    Mine were done at 22050 mhz stereo.
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

Comment

• Hi, I like the feature of Level names at the begining of each level. How is it actually done?
      MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• It was coded by Dresk for his Kleshik mod and ported by Nahuel into his csqc hud mod. I love it, really sweet.
        You can find source codes for all included mods in readmes\ folder. Check client\kleshikstuff.qc in the hud mod source folder.
        Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• @_Smith_ Thank you
          MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• No need to thank me for anything, I don't feel comfortable with people thanking me for this pack.
            You have years of entire community work here, my minuscule contribution here is negligible.
            I've mentioned in the previous post people that should be thanked for this neat feature
            Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• I don't think so! Some times put things together is as hard as creating them! So, thanks for the good job!
              Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

• It takes time, but I can guarantee that it is not as hard as creating at all, not even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
                  It was ported by Nahuel into his csqc hud.
                  I downloaded and compiled Nauhels HUD. But still don't see the level names. Did I do something wrong? Here's what I did:

Downloaded from the post
                  Extracted the archive
                  Copied fteqcc.exe to the folder
                  ran the bat file

Should I have edited any files before compiled? Is that feature commented out? Is it possible to have that feature without the HUD? Like a qc file in the id1 folder? If yes could anyone please provide that qc file? Thanks in advance!

P.S. And sorry for offtopic question!!!!

Comment

• this is dead now link dead ;/
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• Links in the opening post of this thread are fine.
                      I've also made an update recently, probably the last one, I've tried to clear it, before I'll retire.

Edit: moddb summary page updated.
                      Last edited by _Smith_; 04-03-2013, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• falling through level in mp1 and mp2 with v1.38

i know this has been discussed to length, but i still cant get mission pack 1 or 2 working properly. the marine just falls through the intro screen and the game is unplayable. what ive tried so far:

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...-issues-5.html

^ those .ent files dont do anything

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...arkplaces.html

^ adding the sv_entpatch "0" line makes mp1 and mp2 start at e1m1. using the other .ent files does nothing

ive tried anything found so far to no avail. maybe im putting the .ent files into the wrong directory or something. not as technical as you guys with this modding stuff, can someone help?

Comment

• make sure to drop the ent files in the right folders. they do NOT go into yourquakefolder/ID1/maps

the ent file for MP1 should go into yourquakefolder/hipnotic/maps

and the one for MP2 should go into yourquakefolder/rogue/maps

and also make sure to unzip them, dont just throw the zip into those folders, DP doesnt read zips

if you do that it should work
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                            make sure to drop the ent files in the right folders. they do NOT go into yourquakefolder/ID1/maps

the ent file for MP1 should go into yourquakefolder/hipnotic/maps

and the one for MP2 should go into yourquakefolder/rogue/maps

and also make sure to unzip them, dont just throw the zip into those folders, DP doesnt read zips

if you do that it should work
                            see, thats where i think the problem is. v1.38 doesnt have a subdirectory in the rogue folder for maps. hipnotic is by itself and the only subdirectory is /sound

Comment

• sorry, i mean no /maps subdirectory in hipnotic. the only one in there is /sound

Comment

• then create a folder called 'maps' in both you hipnotic and rogue folders?
                                Last edited by talisa; 04-21-2013, 12:52 AM.
                                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                                X