X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doesnt work. thanks anyway

Comment

• @Five_seveN
      I suspect that you have not put original hipnotic\pak0.pak and rogue\pak0.pak files into Quake HD Pack\ hipnotic\ and rogue\ folders.
      When you try to launch mission packs, MPs 'start' maps are missing and you spawn on id1 'start' map, but in the spawn position from included modified MPs .ent files.
      Please read carefully setup instructions in the main readme. Don't forget about original id1\pak1.pak too and don't forget about VISpatching them all

Most of the effects from released custom .ent files are included and merged together in the compilation.
      You can select/adjust in autoexec.cfg effects you want to use.
      The only not included effects are Talisa's 'start' and 'end' levels additional lava hazes and DoE effects other than on start map.
      They were made after I've put this stuff together, or were/are still work in progress.

@all
      Please, raise “corona intensity” from 0 to 0.75 in Options->Customise Lighting menu.
      That was not intentional and few lights that use coronas and explosions will look a bit more pretty.
      Last edited by _Smith_; 04-25-2013, 09:32 AM.
      Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
        @Five_seveN
        I suspect that you have not put original hipnotic\pak0.pak and rogue\pak0.pak files into Quake HD Pack\ hipnotic\ and rogue\ folders.
        When you try to launch mission packs, MPs 'start' maps are missing and you spawn on id1 'start' map, but in the spawn position from included modified MPs .ent files.
        Please read carefully setup instructions in the main readme. Don't forget about original id1\pak1.pak too and don't forget about VISpatching them all

Most of the effects from released custom .ent files are included and merged together in the compilation.
        You can select/adjust in autoexec.cfg effects you want to use.
        The only not included effects are Talisa's 'start' and 'end' levels additional lava hazes and DoE effects other than on start map.
        They were made after I've put this stuff together, or were/are still work in progress.

@all
        Please rise “corona intensity” in from 0 to 0.75 in Options->Customise Lighting in game menu.
        That was not intentional and few lights that use coronas and explosions will look a bit more pretty.
        original rogue/pak0.pak was missing from the original steam folder and qhd. verified files to get it back and got everything working. thanks _Smith_

Comment

• Just wanna report that in v1.38 the new grenade launcher skin doesn't work when you use the right handed weapons option

Comment

• _Smith_, do you still update your pack?!

Comment

• You can count on that TR2N.
              Smith is updating the compilation regularly.

But wasnt you the guy who said, that he further improves everything ?
              So, while typing these words, you surely have created an overwhelming addon pack already...

Comment

• Did seven just say something snarky and rude? O.O

I'm so proud of you.
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• SEVEN U SAY SNARKY???

(insert gasp)

My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                    You can count on that TR2N.
                    Smith is updating the compilation regularly.

But wasnt you the guy who said, that he further improves everything ?
                    So, while typing these words, you surely have created an overwhelming addon pack already...
                    Loooooooooooooooooooooooool Seven, and you are the guy, who said already goodbye to QuakeOne.com and wants to get a life? With a own thread and everone was crying? *snark* Maybe you failed with your real life improve, and swoops, you are back in to kick some asses - wow, now it´s mine. Looool Seven.

I never stated, that i will so something like, let me keeping it in your words - "improve everything". Where did i write that? I just wanted to screw something together, that this community has build - with my own edits on that. Nothing more, nothing less.
                    A long time ago i had my own vision of Quake - but i have a real life. So i don´t have the time to build my own Quake vision. But _Smith_´s Quake is near to my vision. So what´s the problem? To hot in germany?
                    Last edited by TR2N; 06-20-2013, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• Finally after a long time i have a decent internet connection again, so thanks for the work _Smith_, this way i won't have to compile everything myself.
                      FPS Source Ports

Comment

• Hi smith,I want to try out your QuakeHD package,but before I do, just a quick question,do I.need to download two versions version 0.130,and 0.139,to bring it up to date,or does the 0.139 include all updates from the past,also?Thanks

Comment

• Since my download is still going (yes, South Africa has crappy internet), Can somebody tell me if this includes the full version of "The Dismal Obliette"?
                          Romero/MH/inkub0/OoPpEe/Roy packaged version of this map.
                          FPS Source Ports

Comment

• v1.4 update

This compilation will be no longer updated. I can't bring myself to test stuff properly anymore.
                            Releasing stuff without proper testing is a recipe for disaster, so it's time to move on.

Big Thank You to all talented people who created the content included in this compilation.

@DogSpydr66
                            I was reuploading complete pack each time. Update is for people who have previous version.

@Spinvis
                            Full version of e2m6 is included as an optional addon in Readmes and Options\ folder.
                            Last edited by _Smith_; 07-08-2013, 04:20 AM.
                            Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
                              This compilation will be no longer updated. I can't bring myself to test stuff properly anymore.
                              Releasing stuff without proper testing is a recipe for disaster, so it's time to move on.

Big Thank You to all talented people who created the content included in this compilation.

@DogSpydr66
                              I was reuploading complete pack each time. Update is for people who have previous version.

@Spinvis
                              Full version of e2m6 is included as an optional addon in Readmes and Options\ folder.
                              Thanks smith for your work and reply, my download was finally finished this morning.... so hopefully i can try it tonight. If you need somebody else to test releases let me know, i would be more then happy to test it.
                              FPS Source Ports

Comment

• You were unlucky because I've uploaded v1.4 recently ( 6th Jul ) and then had to take it down and reupload it again three hours later, because of a bug I've missed ( fiend jump could crash the game ). So your downloads were probably interrupted two times. I underestimated how slow your Internet is and was sure you had already v1.39 downloaded, before I've taken it down. I waited with answering and bumping this thread until I have corrected uploads finished. Sorry for inconvenience.

If it comes to updating, thank you for the offer, but reuploading with some new graphic replacements two times a year would be not an issue. I'll probably reupload it with official QRP rogue pack when it gets released for example. The main issue are tweaks I've made to SMC. It takes me now ~ 1 h each time Seven makes an update to one of his packs to merge the code, then to test it properly, much more time is needed. I've skipped this step in the past and the result is visible in the changelog
                                I don't have patience for that anymore. If I knew my efforts won't meet with interest, I wouldn't bother trying to contribute to it. Well, I was never asked for this, so it's ok.

I can choose now to either, abandon my modifications and start releasing it with unmodified SMC, or to stop updating it. I don't know, maybe I should threw my work away...
                                Such perspective makes me feel really terrible about the time I've wasted on it, though. So I've chosen to leave it in current state.
                                Each user can always delete my stuff from QHD and replace it with new SMC release in the future. I wrote about it in the main readme and there is a link.

Edit: Please don't misunderstood me. I don't complain about anyone, or anything, just explain why I've decided to call it finished.
                                Last edited by _Smith_; 07-08-2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X