No announcement yet.

Quake HD for new spawns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I installed the latest version and don't see any 'blood' flowing - I guess the flowing blood was what I saw originally before there was a Shub texture over it? Even with the latest patch there's no alpha channel on the Shub image it seems, I don't see the flowing red underneath. Shub looks exactly the way she did in the 1.42 patch.

Comment

• You have to delete scripts folder added by short lived v1.42 update. Just overwrite with v1.43 update an unmodified v1.41 full pack.
      Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• recreated the whole install with 1.41 file and 1.43 patch. Shub has blood now! Thank you!

Comment

• Do not thank me. I am the one who broke it in the first place. It worked fine before I've touched it.

What is the most frustrating, is that a few of the errors I've made, I had actually spotted and fixed myself...
          Only to find them reported in the uploaded pack anyway, because of a mess of many versions of files all over the hard drive.
          With you finishing id1 and others reporting finishing MPs, I hope this is the last one. I have a bad feeling, I'll be proven wrong, though
          Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• I am working on playing the MPs myself now. If i find anything I will post it.

Comment

• This must be a Darkplaces / MP exe issue I'm guessing, but in Scourge of Armagon every creature spawned by the Horn of Conjuring just stands there in one place like an amazing idiot, attacking thin air over and over. In one case this blocks you from getting the Gold Key until you kill your spawned creature.

Comment

• nope, this must be a bug in _smith_'s QC,
                cuz ive never ever seen this happen and i use seven's original SMC QC

for me its the main reason why i do not use _smith_'s modified version of the SMC. he has made some fun additions, but his QC is chock-full of bugs

here is where you can find the original SMC by seven. which also has been updated a lot since _smith_'s last version
                http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I used Smith's pack because it has the darkplsces engine, textures, and music. Not so into all the addon functionality.

Comment

• @teduffy
                    QC is fine, delete from autoexec.cfg "sv_gameplayfix_blowupfallenzombies" "1"
                    I've enabled sv_gameplayfix cvars that were supposed to be enabled by default on older builds and few more that seemed to make sense, a second idea was a mistake

The three absolutely necessary cvars are:
                    "sv_gameplayfix_setmodelrealbox" "1"
                    "sv_gameplayfix_droptofloorstartsolid" "1"
                    "sv_gameplayfix_upwardvelocityclearsongroundfl ag" "1"

But please leave the others, except for "sv_gameplayfix_blowupfallenzombies", for now. We'll check what happens
                    If you encounter some weird behaviour, comment out the rest, restart the game, reload a save and restart level to check if any of them was a cause of troubles.

@Talisa
                    “chock-full of bugs ” is an overexaggeration imo and if people won't play it and report errors it'll remain “chock-full of bugs”.
                    There shouldn't be any showstopper, because I know about people who finished both MPs and Quake.

Edit:
                    If features added by Seven's v4.31 are not something you're dying for, then please keep using unmodified compilation and keep reporting. I'll be gratefull.
                    Last edited by _Smith_; 09-26-2013, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• I tried it only on two maps, but only because I knew exactly where to find the Horn of Conjuring easily on two separate maps.

After deleting that line from the config, that fixed it, the conjured creatures follow and fight properly. Thank you!

Comment

• ok chock-full is overexaggerated perhaps, im sorry about that.
                        but there are certain bugs in your QC, while sevens QC is clean.

some of the bugs i encountered long ago when i tried your modified version of SMC just ruined it for me. there shouldnt be bugs in quake, even if they arent game-breaking.
                        for me any bugs do ruin a game, if stuff doesnt work like it should and such just ruins it for me.
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @teduffy
                          blowupfallenzombies is an engine hack that modifies findradius function to allow zombies on the floor to be damaged by splash damage. In original Quake you have to wait till they start standing up before you can blow them up. Unfortunately monsters conjured by horn in hipnotic use findradius as a part of finding target and the hack screwed them up. Impossible to predict without doing a playthrough. I had at some point modified zombie.qc to allow that, but I removed it when I found there is an engine side feature to deal with that. That abandoned code wasn't influencing anything other than zombies...
                          Originally posted by talisa View Post
                          there are certain bugs in your QC [...] encountered long ago
                          Long time ago may be a keyword here, if you know about something that is still there then please tell me.

I've never did a full playtrough with this stuff, so I can't guarantee it's bug free, but I also didn't added to it for a long time, while fixing reported issues. In QC itself there were two issues found since v1.3 release half year ago. Few optional Seven's features were glitched a bit and zombies were invincible in MP2. Since Seven insisted on making my life miserable and not keep stuff I do in his releases, I had to merge the code with each release, hours of copypasta and modify job. I had misclicked once, a single line of code missing, hence the invincible zombies in MP2, that was nasty

Anyway I agree that using end users as QA team was not a good thing. That's why I've stopped updating it.
                          If it's not in the SMC, most people won't use it, so I was spending most of the time reimplementing same shit over and over again, before I could try to do something creative.

Current qhd addons were SMC+ at release anyway, everything SMC had could be reenabled, including particles effects. Seven's bugfix and engine workaround from v1.31 is implemented for MPs too despite v4.15 in filename, but not the other features. There are quiet a few little additions scattered through the code. Just an example feature, when I was testing hip2m4 for horn issue with Seven's SMC I could notice, that the game still choke a bit when Ogre dropped grenade on my face. My explosion cause half the performance drop and I have separate effect for when the player is getting hit by an Ogre, that looks better in fullscreen and is super fast. So qhd smc version is guaranteed to remain smooth when fighting few ogres in a performance taxing place and taste in visuals is subjective, I like them more too.

There willl come a moment, when some new great feature of updated SMC, will make my release obsolete. I'll threw away my stuff when that happens.
                          For people who want to just play Quake with modernised graphics, without twisting it heavily, compilation is fine as it is for now.

Comment

• I have no way right now to test this on an alternate platform since I didn't install the full mission pack exes and I don't have the Classic Quake folder in my Quake HD install - I deleted it since I wasn't going to use it.

But I'm in MP2 and I'm in a level with earthquakes, Elemental Fury 1, map rog2m2. There are certain rooms that have earthquake effects that bounce you around, and rocks fall from the ceiling.

I'm unzipping the classic Quake folder to check this out... but in Darkplaces/Mission pack 2.exe, the earthquakes don't stop. You go into the room, the effect triggers, the rock falls, the earthquake effect just goes on and on and doesn't stop. That doesn't seem right. Sure, I haven't played MP2 in god knows how long, but that doesn't seem right.

Checking in one of the other Quake engines shortly.

Comment

• Originally posted by tedduffy View Post
                              I have no way right now to test this on an alternate platform since I didn't install the full mission pack exes and I don't have the Classic Quake folder in my Quake HD install - I deleted it since I wasn't going to use it.

But I'm in MP2 and I'm in a level with earthquakes, Elemental Fury 1, map rog2m2. There are certain rooms that have earthquake effects that bounce you around, and rocks fall from the ceiling.

I'm unzipping the classic Quake folder to check this out... but in Darkplaces/Mission pack 2.exe, the earthquakes don't stop. You go into the room, the effect triggers, the rock falls, the earthquake effect just goes on and on and doesn't stop. That doesn't seem right. Sure, I haven't played MP2 in god knows how long, but that doesn't seem right.

Checking in one of the other Quake engines shortly.
                              Maybe not. Maybe it's supposed to be that way, though it doesn't seem right. I just tried one of the Classic Quake engine folders and had the same problem.

Tried both Classic Quake engines. Same thing. Well, that's a stupid thing to happen. Bite me, Rogue!
                              Last edited by tedduffy; 09-27-2013, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• @tedduffy
                                yes in rogue in some areas the quaking effect is supposed to go on continously untill you are not in that area anymore,
                                that is not a bug, its supposed to be that way

Comment

Working...
                                X