Quake HD for new spawns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake HD for new spawns

Download from Google Drive, There is also an update for v1.3+ releases and alternative textures pack.
    Please, read included QHD_v1.4_README.pdf ! Please, keep a backup of QHD_v1.4x.7z file, future releases are planned as a small patches to v1.4x

Quake HD Pack v1.4 supports Quake, MP1: "Scourge of Armagon" and MP2: "Dissolution of Eternity".
    It delivers crisp details, optimized performance and faithful atmosphere. Screenshots available on modDB.
    Shareware Episode included, you can buy full game from id software.

CREDITS: You'll find more precise info about files content and "who did what" inside .pk3 packs, or in READMES\ folder.

DarkPlaces Engine - Lord Havoc ; Quake Revitalization Project - Moon[Drunk] ; My-Key ; Quake Reforged - Alfader ; Nergal ; Ruohis.com - Ruohis ; SMC - Seven ;
    OoPpEe ; Plague ; Andy Bay ; O.Sezer ; M. Lawrence ; FCZvyozdochka ; Webangel ; Nahuel ; Dresk ; Moo ; inkub0 ; romi ; AndehX ; Jakub1 ; Spike ; Rygel ;
    Smith ; MH ; Lightning_Hunter ; PrimeviL ; Urre ; Zombie ; DrLabman ; Entar ; Spinvis ; Bluntz ; Wazat ; Seanstar ; ennio ; Chip ; Ivana Gibson ; Nightfright ;
    ObiWan ; OSJC ; Arioh ; Fragger ; d1554573r ; Andrew Joll ; FriederikH ; Tabun ; Teamonster ; Yellow ; Ogro ; Roy Batty ; daniocampo1992 ; Splitterface ;

Links: fteqw ; inside3d ; quaddicted ; Quake Water VIS ; Plague's Portfolio ; Tabun's Portfolio ; xonotic ; kleshik ; Shambler's Castle ; Generations Arena ; Sitters ; quakewiki ;

System requirements: Minimum: CPU: 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM; GPU: GF6600 / R9500, 256MB VRAM
    Recommended: CPU : 2GHz, 1.5GB RAM; GPU: GF 8800GT / R HD4850, 512MB VRAM. Optimal: CPU: 3GHz, 2GB RAM; GPU: GF GTX460 / R HD5870, 1GB VRAM.
    Last edited by _Smith_; 11-21-2013, 03:24 PM.
    Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Updates changelog

v1.31
    • Calmed gibs physics in water ( adjustable buoyancy ), so they generate less watersplashes sounds.
    • Reduced corpses hitboxes height ( adjustable now ) and tighter weapons gyro forces cones.
    • Scraag spit trail doesn't look like a neon.

v1.32
    • Workaround for Darkplaces issue with Fiends stucking sometimes after a jump, when landing on the edge of level geometry ( still happens, but for much shorter time).
    • Removed glitched dust effect from falling Scraag.

v1.33
    • Added Spawn by Ruohis as a default one in MP2: DoE and recolored by splitterface skin for hellspawn.

v1.34
    • Bugfix: Missing in few places water shader.
    • Multimonster: Teamonster's Ogre included.

v1.352
    • Bugfix: Fixed typo in MP1 hip1m5.ent file that caused this level to crash when loading.
    • Use new darkplaces autobuild ( workaround for new builds "player model in water refraction" visual glitch enabled by default now ).

v1.361
    • Better casings sounds ( recorded by Bluntz ).
    • Added features of Seven's SMCv4.24
    • Bugfix: Optional dog and zombie were not working properly. Invincible zombies in MP2.

v1.37
    • New rtlights for e1m8 and ogres will aim properly in low gravity environment of e1m8 level.

v1.38
    • General cleaning and polish: few minor changes ( like brighter blood particles color ), documentation updates and fix from SMCv4.25.
    • Multimonster feature is now compatible with monsters packs prepared for original SMC. Multimonster: Tabun's Enforcer included.

v1.39
    • Seven's SMC v4.30.
    • Futher improvement to fiendfix, also improved original behaviour on tight staircases, etc. Should be less prone to looped continous jumping.
      Please let me know if you find any issues with fiends after this change. Altered code can be disabled by a cvar in autoexec.cfg in case of troubles.
    • Version of SNG Ruohis viewmodel with changed position by Seven and added SSG by Plauge, less noisy gloss maps for both weapons.
    • I've also added a mirror for Rygel's(ultra) textures pack. It has world textures in a separate .pk3 so it's easy to replace QRP pack used in the compilation.
      The upload is also single part and a bit smaller in size due to stronger compression than original release of Rygel's Pack.

v1.4
    • Bugfix: Ther was a mistake in workaround for Dark Places issue with stucking Fiend in v1.39. It was barely noticeable and without impact on gameplay.
      The last two frames of a Fiend jump animation ( landing animation ) were not always playing properly.

v1.41
    • Improved water and hipnotic blood shaders, retouched few particles effects.

v1.43
    • Bugfix: Fixed final boss texture shader.

v1.44 BETA
    Disclaimer: Fixed issues, marked as "Bugfix", were introduced by me. I am sorry.
    Last edited by _Smith_; 11-21-2013, 03:24 PM.
    Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

New spawns?

Oh shit.
      Last edited by Teflon; 07-17-2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Quote != edit

Comment

Just to let you know, there is no compilation download available yet. It's not showing anyway.

Comment

It has been uploaded yesterday and is awaiting authorization from moddb staff. It probably got caught into time zones differences, in worst case scenario it will show up tomorrow.

Comment

Update

I've always had problems with offset mapping. Its not functional on latest official stable DP release. With old betas I've always got huge performance hit and terrible tedious to look at pixel flickering, like high anisotropic filtering value sometimes give but on overdrive.

I've recently tried new DP autobuild, enabled offset mapping... I use v-sync and fps stayed at 60 instead dropping to 45, no pixel flickering, looks great ! If you've ever had problems with this feature like me, try recent autobuild.

I've also made small update to mods compilation:
              I've read once again through all readmes included and added some names to credits it should be complete now.
              Rewritten setup guide, more compact, less chatter and subjective opinions.
              Removed: effectinfo.txt, particlefont.pk3
              Added: scripts\reforged.shader with fixed typo, turned offsetmapping on by default, DP_Quake_V3.0_small-mod-compilation_Seven.pk3
              Optional customization options added to temp\ folder:
              HUD_layout_nahuel.pk3
              HUD+Menu-Seven.pk3
              Z_HUD_Face_AndehX.pk3
              Z_HUD_Face_MOON[DRUNK].pk3

Comment

Great job,this is exactly what is needed to bring players back to the scene.
                I particularly like how you weathered the shit storm and pissed directly into the wind dodging all the backdraft giving credit to the artists that made it possible.
                Way to go!
                But Don't get comfy with that scalpel just yet,get ready for A ton of new content because this bunch that roam these tunnels are anything but unproductive.
                Some of their new works are Jaw Dropping!
                DIVE in, the water has never been better.
                Last edited by bluntz; 08-02-2011, 05:41 AM.
                WARNING
                May be too intense for some viewers.
                Stress Relief Device
                ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                ---------------------------
                .--------------------------

Comment

..Thanks _Smith_ the Nahuel's HUD layout in your compilation actually works correctly unlike the previous one I downloaded from this thread!

Comment

Update

xaGe: Problem was... that Nahuel included source code only in his upload
                    This kind of stuff is why I'm doing this...

I'm a single player only gamer and don't replay games. With exception for true classics like Quake once per decade So I've got this obsession with assembling perfect build before I'll start, because if I'll miss something first time I won't experience it at all. Searching, checking various sites, downloading dozens of files, checking downloads, solving small issues with downloads, learning about engine features, figuring out files loading priority, than assembling final, feature complete, aesthetically consistent build. If you start this as complete newbie it will take few evenings.

I've spend too many hours in first few levels trying content, burned out and lost the will to actually play through the thing. I will at some point in the future, but my fun is already partially spoiled. With my pack one can jump right away in feature complete build or check, alternate content within half hour, being sure that he will get close to best possible experience.

bluntz: Keep in mind that I won't include some more crazy stuff that is fun for quake fanatics for novelty value alone, like... doomish, hellish red portals instead of iconic mysterious stars in my Cthulhu inspired Quake ? For my intended audience more conservative build is more appropriate... Also wouldn't call mission packs feature complete yet so I'm not touching them.

Small update: I've realized that QRP HUD graphics are included in item pack not in texture pack, so updated guide and renamed files to make it more convenient to manipulate them. Also added My-Key's explosive pack.

Comment

Let me know if you need anything like alt sound FX.
                      WARNING
                      Stress Relief Device
                      ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

update 1.12

Bluntz: I don't know. I've tried Seven's sound pack and liked original sounds more. I love quake sounds. But if you have something interesting post it, or link it.

I've added some stuff, after OoPpEe's rework I've done AndehX faces default, renamed some files for loading order. It will be final for now.
                        Only thing I'm really waiting for is new portal texture and shader I saw MOON[DRUNK] is working on.

Comment

Update v1.13

Bolts from Rygel's Pack and s_bubble, s_light textures from QRP item pack added to x_IP_Objects_ruohis+others.pk3
                          Optional: x_IP_Health_z_neogenesis.pk3, DP_Alternate_Sound_FX_Seven.pk3

I've tried before to not alter included packs in any way and deal with overlapping content with loading order. In the end it's not convenient at all. This time I've split some packs. I've packed Ruohis weapons and spikes together with My-Key's grenade v1.1 and missile from explosive pack. There is no overlapping content in pk3s now, witch make it more convenient to add/remove something.

Recent Dark Places autobuilds are best releases yet for me, but newer ones can have issues or brake compatibility any time, and latest stable release has not functional offset mapping, so I've bundled autobuild from 08aug2011 I've tested this pack with.

Updated Rygel's pack setup guide.
                          Last edited by _Smith_; 08-08-2011, 09:01 AM.

Comment

AMD/ATI owners: catalyst11.7 killed performance in dark places for me, reverted back to 11.6 and it's ok again ~60fps vs ~45fps

Comment

Nice! It would be nice to have this on the front page for all the new players it is likely to generate once I fire up the Spam bot on the COD forums.
                              WARNING
                              Stress Relief Device
                              ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

Working...
                              X