Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Smith,thanks for the info.

Comment

• Please don't feel you have "wasted" your time on this Smith. Many have used your packs to use as a starting point myself included. I do understand about lack of time but hope you will not totally abandon your works on our beloved Quake!

Thanks for all of the work!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
        Please don't feel you have "wasted" your time on this Smith. Many have used your packs to use as a starting point myself included. I do understand about lack of time but hope you will not totally abandon your works on our beloved Quake!

Thanks for all of the work!!
        Like i stated before. I had the plan to build up my own package (we talked about that here in the threat, i also did one a long long long time ago, gdiddy will remember it for sure) and i know, how much time this efforts. So much time, that i stopped building up my compilation.
        I can understand _Smith_, that testing, changing and adding something over and over again can drop the fun down to nothing for a game and you canīt see it anymore.

I like your compilation very very much _Smith_, also the fact that you want to transport the old look and feel of Quake, stay as close as possible to the original. I hope you will continue your work, i am loving it to play Quake in your way and i like it, how you set it up (especially your READMEīs and cleaned config files, they are transparent and easy to understand for "new spawns"). Keep it up, kick Epsilon into the ass!

Comment

• Hello Smith,

If you decide to make another update (which I believe ), be sure to kill that "Fish-Monstercount-Bug".
          The bug is there since day1 and has been fixed so many times; only the SMC (with its sometimes useless elements) didnt
          Shame on us, hehe

As you know, the walking, flying and swimming monsters use different start functions in monsters.qc.
          The bug is in the swimming monsters start functions.
          Both (swimmonster_start and swimmonster_start_go) add +1 to total_monsters.
          Delete one of those lines (it doesnt matter which one) and the 'total monsters' value is correct in-game.

... and its surely not time to move on.
          There is still a lot of work waiting for us

Relax, enjoy the summer and drink a coktail
          It is not necessary to release a new update for every little change that has been made. Let there be some time between them. And try to keep down the perfectionist. The word "final" is non-existant.
          Life is a running river, just like Quake. It will always be modded.
          Do not try to lay pressure on you, to create a "perfect" compilation.
          'One' perfect compilation does not exist. Maybe this helps you to think. It is always a summary of different mods which are used, based on personal likings.

And believe me, I am the one who knows exactly how you feel.
          That is why I said: Dont lay the pressure of perfectionism on yourself.
          We both are perfectionists, but have to learn to let go a little and take it easier.
          And if you feel that you lost the will to play or mod Quake, make a break.
          Nobody force you nor me to do this. We should do this because we like to and not because we 'have' to.
          As you know, I wanted to quit several times before too...
          Make a break (as long as you wish) and when you come back, look at the new things that has been made for Quake in the meantime and decide if you want to add them to the compilation...

But most important:
          Why are we sitting in a stinking room, when the sun is shining outside ?
          We must be stupid

Enjoy the summer !
          Seven

Comment

• I downloaded QHD 1.41, and it works and looks great Thanks alot for that!

But noticed one thing, I was playing:
            HIP3M1: Tur Torment
            and the torches on the walls are not working, they are just dark with no fire.

The Torches work for rogue and id1 (checked with the start maps).

Does anyone have an idea how to fix the torches in hipnotic?

I'm using the darkplaces-sdl under linux.
            Last edited by pete; 09-21-2013, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Just tried it and my torches in hip3m1 are working fine.
              Which DP Version do you use?
              Maybe a engine related problem?

Originally posted by pete View Post
              I downloaded QHD 1.41, and it works and looks great Thanks alot for that!

But noticed one thing, I was playing:
              HIP3M1: Tur Torment
              and the torches on the walls are not working, they are just dark with no fire.

The Torches work for rogue and id1 (checked with the start maps).

Does anyone have an idea how to fix the torches in hipnotic?

I'm using the darkplaces-sdl under linux.

Comment

• Just joined to try to get some help tracking down a problem with Quake HD. Posted the question over at mod db but Smith isn't there often it appears, so maybe this will be faster.

Anyone get a problem where Shub looks like red jello, not the revamped texture from Quake Reforged (http://quakeone.com/reforged/shub.html)?

Attached is an image of what I get. Note the Vore in the front showing that I am indeed running the high-texture Quake HD. Here's the link.
                Last edited by tedduffy; 09-21-2013, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Looks like a strange shader issue.
                  Which DP version?

Comment

• @tedduffy

This one is my fault, sorry and thanks. There is v1.42 update available now, it'll add id1\scripts\reforged.shader
                    You can overwrite inside id1\QR_2048_QuakeBestiary_Alfader_Nergal.pk3 - > scripts\reforged.shader with it.

@pete

I can't reproduce this issue, torches on this level work properly for me.

You can try:

Open console and type: restart
                    You should use -hipnotic command line parameter, not -game hipnotic.
                    Try windows DP executable, if you have access to windows.
                    Try updated SMC directly from Seven ( remove all DP_SMC_*.pk3 files from QHD and use only stuff from Seven's package, use his autoexec.cfg files too and check readmes )
                    Last edited by _Smith_; 09-22-2013, 06:43 AM.
                    Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• That fixed it, thanks Smith! Now I get this:

Comment

• Better but still not correct.
                        It should look like this...

Originally posted by tedduffy View Post
                        That fixed it, thanks Smith! Now I get this:

Comment

• @webangel
                          It's only a difference in lighting, tedduffy has turned off realtime lighting and enabled bloom.
                          On your screenshot, there is lightmaps brightness set to 0, or close to that and strong realtime lighting + bloom, I call it "Doom 3" lighting

This how it looks like with default qhd config:
                          Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• You might be right.
                            But where is the bloody river into Shubs mouth?

Comment

• Damn, I've never noticed the blood and later I had no chance to notice it, because of dumb attempt at optimisation.
                              You can't see Shub up close normally, so I compressed it's textures to .dds unfortunately without alpha channel...

Well, I was a wrong person to maintain such a pack, I am too impatient if it comes to testing and I am not really playing the game, I rarelly replay games.
                              As a result I've broken something as often, as I improved, or fixed something, sad truth...

Update with a fixed reforged pack should be available within 1h.

webangel and tedduffy - thank you very much !

Comment

• Smith, don't beat yourself up, you've done an awesome thing putting this pack together. I hadn't played Quake in 15 years, and this pack made me want to play it again!

Comment

Working...
                                X