X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Methods of Destruction

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
    Yes
    Hell I swap between the default soundtrack and the very rare Methods of Destruction album (Sonic Mayhem/Sascha Dikiciyan)
    Sascha Dikiciyan recently gave Kevin Sartori permission to post Methods of Destruction Quake Music Add-On on his blog.

Kevin Sartoris Blog:
    Psychotic Leisure Music
    Last edited by webangel; 04-14-2012, 02:12 AM.

Comment

if you mean in quake... then the answer is no.
      i have the music pk3 and i tried it a few times to play with original game-music on, but it didnt do it for me.
      to soft and silent for me personally and i personally feel it doesnt fit the fast-paced in-your-face style of the game at all.

i perfectly understand what the music is trying to do with the soft haunting background sounds but imo it doesnt feel fitting,
      quake never felt haunting for me. the music wouldve been great though if quake was more horror-ish though, but it isnt.

so i always turn the music off in quake and turn my own music on in winamp and put some more pumping adrenaline-filled music on, which i feel fits quake lot better
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
        if you mean in quake... then the answer is no.
        i have the music pk3 and i tried it a few times to play with original game-music on, but it didnt do it for me.
        to soft and silent for me personally and i personally feel it doesnt fit the fast-paced in-your-face style of the game at all.

i perfectly understand what the music is trying to do with the soft haunting background sounds but imo it doesnt feel fitting,
        quake never felt haunting for me. the music wouldve been great though if quake was more horror-ish though, but it isnt.

so i always turn the music off in quake and turn my own music on in winamp and put some more pumping adrenaline-filled music on, which i feel fits quake lot better
        ...try Methods of Destruction
        Last edited by webangel; 04-12-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

meh, gave it a try but imo its still to soft and silent.

ill keep it at my own music through winamp, which is loud pumping hardcore
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

i do however love that first track, welcome to mayhem

that one is fucking awesome, i love it

Comment

B7 and its reprise are pretty heavy too.

Comment

@splitterface
                I'd try giving the quake 2 soundtrack a try. I listen to it from time to time while playing Original Quake and it works very nice.

The project Aftershock remix of the original soundtrack also does a nice job of giving it slightly bigger balls.

Comment

I don't really like most of the Q2 soundtrack that much save for 1 or 2 songs, but then again, I also don't really like metal either

Comment

lols, im not much into metal either. used to be years ago, but am not into it anymore
                    nowadays i listen to hardstyle, hardcore, terror, speedcore and such

the quake2 sound-track is kinda ok-ish, but personally i just prefer my own music on winamp

Comment

I have a m3u playlist on my desktop, its called Factory_Quake.m3u , and it gets the blood pumpin for graperape!
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Love the Quake soundtrack, can't really play anything else with it. Maybe something by Midnight Syndicate but that's about it.
                        Soundtracks and Instrumentals
                        MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

Funny story about that, actually..
                          I had just gotten Quake and Quake II recently, and after about a week of being all over Quake I realized the soundtrack only worked if I had the CD in. Of course I'm sure that's common knowledge, but I'd new to this.

So I was trying to install Quake II, but it completely failed to work, much as Quake did at first. Most I could get was a tiny window with faulty controls. Needless to say, I was frustrated, so I decided to take it out on some Zombies.

However, I'd forgotten to take the Quake II CD out before starting Quake, so I ended up playing Quake with Quake II's music. Well, it's cool, because I didn't think the Trent Reznor soundtrack worked too well, but since then I've been experimenting with different CDs.

I recently played through the Nightmare World with Journey as my background music, and before that I listened to an audiobook while fighting the Chthon while the Rocky theme played . Highly entertaining, if not particularly enhancing to the intended experience.

Comment

Always... now that engines support Vorbis format I see no reason not to.
                            Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Poor Steam users are forced to play Quake in silence. Some people in the steam forums brought an "update" to enjoy the music.
                              But for visitors of this forum, this music "update" is even available in different flavors.
                              I always played Quake with soundtrack and like it because of the fact that sometimes it is not noticable if you are just listening to the soundtrack or to the ambience sound. The up and downs in volume and speed fits so perfectly into this game that it is almost not true.

Comment

I listen to this, and yes, I am calling it how it is--this is shameless self-promotion...
                                But yeah I like the feel of the Quake soundtrack, plus I am a huge NiN fan so that makes it a no brainer for me. I am hoping they go back on tour again.

Comment

Working...
                                X