Do you play with the soundtrack on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you play with the soundtrack on?

Do you listen to the original soundtrack while playing single-player maps?

Yes or no.

I have a good reason for asking this, which I will detail later.
    Yes
    70.15%
    No
    29.85%
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Mostly 'No' but occasionally 'Yes' -> voted 'No'
    – Moon[Drunk]'s Quake Graphics
    – Quake Revitalization/Retexturing Project

Comment

Yes
      Hell I swap between the default soundtrack and the very rare Methods of Destruction album (Sonic Mayhem/Sascha Dikiciyan)

Comment

A pal of mine played DM with Dixieland in his headphones. WTF? I always play with the original soundtracks.

Comment

yes
          -
          i haven't been playing with music for a years, but then one day i played probably the best base map "plumbers don't wear ties...." with soundtrack and the gameplay experience was like 400% compared with playing without music. on a different note - travail has beautiful soundtrack a playing travail with it should be mandatory :-). thanks to all the people responsible for it.
          -
          so yes; music is good /has anyone here played quake with ghost by nin? that's really something to remember/
          -
          jakub
          my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
          Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
          Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

A very clear YES.
            How couldnt you ?

The soundtrack is really a soundtrack. These are not "songs".
            This soundtrack is extremely amplifying the ambience !
            If someone plays through Quake without it, he didnt play it yet !
            That is how far I would go.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
              Well let me say i also had the soundtrack in my car audio for a while.

Comment

ministry's Psalm 69 here
                WARNING
                May be too intense for some viewers.
                Stress Relief Device
                ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                ---------------------------
                .--------------------------

Comment

Yes I love the soundtrack, it adds a great mood to the game. I guess that's why I also contributed the soundtracks in very high quality to the community. =]
                  Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

i wrote my diploma thesis while listening to the q1 soundtrack :-)))
                    -
                    jakub
                    my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                    Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                    Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

I do. Since a few days ago. However, I usually played the "Colonizing the sun" album by "Theory in practice" while playing quake. Setting it to loop one song, played at random. So, whenever I moved from one level to another, media key "skip" and then it was another song, looping for that level.

Comment

I always play with the soundtrack on. I usually switch between the original soundtrack and the very good, but seldom mentioned, Project Aftershock soundtrack. On occasion I will pop in the Quake 2 soundtrack.

I also listen to the soundtrack while reading Clive Barker, Hellraiser comics, and playing Horror Interactive Fiction and Roguelikes.

The unreleased Hellraiser soundtrack by Coil also sounds very good while playing Quake.

Comment

Originally posted by Legend View Post
                          ...but seldom mentioned, Project Aftershock soundtrack....
                          Hmm, i popped in my Aftershock CD but there's no soundtrack on it. Or did you menat that one -> Click
                          Last edited by grave_digga; 09-10-2011, 12:37 AM.

Comment

So 75% of people play with the soundtrack on, or use their own music of choice.

OK.

Next question:

If a mod came with its own soundtrack, would you use that? Would you remove the Quake soundtrack in such a case?

I'm thinking to use a dynamic soundtrack in RemakeQuake. This means music is played by ambient sounds, or triggered as the player moves through the map.

Such dynamic music would obviously conflict with the original soundtrack - the CD would need to be removed or the .mp3 soundtrack disabled.
                            Scout's Journey
                            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Hmm, i popped in my Aftershock CD but there's no soundtrack on it. Or did you menat that one -> Click
                              Yes. I meant that one. What project aftershock are you talking about?

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                              So 75% of people play with the soundtrack on, or use their own music of choice.

OK.

Next question:

If a mod came with its own soundtrack, would you use that? Would you remove the Quake soundtrack in such a case?

I'm thinking to use a dynamic soundtrack in RemakeQuake. This means music is played by ambient sounds, or triggered as the player moves through the map.

Such dynamic music would obviously conflict with the original soundtrack - the CD would need to be removed or the .mp3 soundtrack disabled.
                              I would definitely listen to the music that came with a mod it was specifically made for. The idea of dynamic soundtrack sounds really cool and I would definitely take the quake cd out in order to listen to it for remakeQuake.

Comment

Working...
                              X