• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP: Eagle1 - A Secret Map

Map Name: Eagle1
    Year Made: 1998
    Review Link: None, per se.

Download: Eagle1.zip at Quaddicted

This map is a secret level in a well-known single player release. I really enjoyed playing Eagle1 and I actually liked it better than the main map in the release.

It uses Legend of Zelda style music. I knew it sounded familiar when playing it, but only the readme.txt told me where it was from.

I can barely remember playing the main map. But I can clearly remember playing Eagle1. Eagle1 also features a QuakeGuy standing in a room that gives you a hint on how to further progress thru the map. I thought that was cool; I wish more maps did that.

I didn't even know there was a secret map until I accessed the JoeQuake maps menu to switch back to the start map and saw "eagle1" in the map listing of the pak file. "What is this?" I thought.

Since I imagine FitzQuake is probably the preferred engine of choice for this map, I took the screenshots with FitzQuake.

The included readme.txt indicates that this map is the author's last map release for Quake.

Can you find the QuakeGuy in the map? It is not easy.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

The included readme.txt indicates that this map is the author's last map release for Quake.
    Of course it wasn't, as we all know... old quakers never die!

http://underworld.planetquake.gamesp...rev050905.html

Indeed, Rubicon 2 is not yet dead, just read down:

http://www.celephais.net/cv/portfolio.htm

Comment

Originally posted by distrans
      Of course it wasn't, as we all know
      Heh :d

I was waiting for someone to say that I personally was hoping to get Spirit aggravated. :d
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Something I forgot to ask. How in hell are you supposed to reach Nightmare Mode or the Zelda map without noclipping?

Comment

Nightmare on the Rubicon is tricky! Look around the start area of the map! There is a full-bright red "shoot me" target lurking around the ceiling behind one of the beams. It took me forever to find it.

How do you start the secret map Eagle1 from Rubicon? Well, actually I have *no* idea.

You could always ask on Func_Msgboard or send an email to the author, either of those methods would be guaranteed an answer.

Comment

Eagle1 is availbale in the same place that you get to Nightmare from
            16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
            16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Working...
            X