Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q1 SP+MP full & free!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys,
    this is almost free quake, "almost" cos u still need the shareware pak.
    What is it?
    Its Quake1 99% complete. How does it work?
    Engine: Darkplaces (GPL)
    Maps: John Romeros GPL'd maps
    Textures: Rygels Texs resized and used for retexturing Romeros Maps
    Models: SW pak0.pak has almost all models. Missing: enforcer and hknight-i put some ugly models in, enforcer is female now (wooot?)
    Sounds: pak0 + lots of free sounds from the internet
    +stuff from openquartz and various artists, cant really remember
    press f7 for doom3-style lightning

u can add high-res textures if u like-stick to DP's Manual.

Big Goal is a 100% free quake, but lotta Models r missing
    A few can be stealed from Shamblers Castle (D3Mod) but a few had to be made from scratch...
    If theres someone out there who knows how to convert the md5 models to DP let me know pls!
    There are also some retexturing bugs (for sure), I would be happy if you would post look out for them.

Ok heres the link, pak0.pak (shareware quake) is included, hope that isnt an ubercopyrightviolation

http://lubits.de/AFQuake.zip
    Pls test & let me know what u think.

bb,
    lulle
    Attached Files

Goodies in there:
    e2m10:
    This was the original starting point of the Dismal Oubliette, e2m6.
    It was cut for size reasons since it made the .BSP file go way over
    our self-imposed 1.4mb limit.

There's even a secret in this little guy.

I created this part of e2m6 in a marathon map-making session. I was
    in a hurry to get Quake content-complete and needed something really
    fun for the start of Dismal Oubliette. Little did I know that months
    later I would have to shed a tear and say goodbye to this little one,
    returning the Dismal Oubliette back to its original state which is
    what everyone is familiar with today.

* Copyright / Permissions *

Authors MAY use this level as a base to build additional
    levels. I have included the .map file, but no additional files are
    included. If you have Thred, you can load this map up and modify
    it. If you do make any changes to this map, please contact me and
    let me know so I can see it!

This BSP may be distributed in any form you see fit. Have fun!
    Retextured it, so take a look.

DM7: a nice Multiplayer map that never mede it to gold-dunno why - map is complete and hmmmm..
    DM8: dont try it, dont know what it meant to be, I copied the quarter to get a ring, but I really dont know waht was on JRs Mind........

Comment

You're gonna need to leap some legal obstacles, and it won't be easy. So far it seems your operating off of presumptions,albeit good ones. I'm still pretty sure there is going to need to be a lot more work under the surface of it all (and limiting your scope to DarkPlaces as "free" paths of Quake enlightenment ,at the least, aggravate me.)

DirectQ supports external item textures,model textures,and map textures, and offers 99.9% more compatibility over DarkPlaces in terms of "what hardware it can run on".

With fn Epsilon, and every other user-bundled compilation of other peoples works with a dash and pinch of trivial tweaks labeled as whatever the user has deemed their purpose is.... It's just fn annoying lately. No offense, but if you're trying to make a "Free Quake" that everyone would possible be referred to in order to

1]get quake free
      2]actually be successfull +90% of the time some one actually bothers getting our beloved Q1 and wants to run it in 2012.

It won't be with DarkPlaces, you're just gonna generate more people with more questions in regaurds to compilation of other peoples works thats been either slightly (or in a RARE case, heavily) modified version.... of the user like yourself or the Epsilon guy, or the updated SMC some other guy created/modified off of others works.

/end rant
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

thanx mario-yo i like the pricess 2, not the way u like her but hey yeaaah woooh.
        2 get back in place: hard work I know. I just started that thing and god knoes whatever comes out. my goal is clear, I jus wanted to give a start, the rest is up to u ( means somewhere out there)

again, a very deep thanx 4 ur reponse, I think u got my Intention, I love Quake, best 1ps otworld.

tnx again & gts from germany

doc

Comment

oh cmon... you gotta be kidding me....

another person with a so-called 'amazing compilation' ?!

get out, we have enough of those saddos around here already, who put together a compilation of stuff others made and try to get people to like them by releasing it as 'their compilation', or even worse like some (yeah fuck you xolve/metamorphosis, i mean you asshole) make up some compilation and even pretend all the stuff they put in the compilation is their works

so please shoo, try that trick somewhere else, trying to be popular by releasing one of those 'my super-awesome compilation' with stuff that other people made
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

You could get quake cheap off ebay für arround 5 bucks, i don't know why people still get warez instead of the real thing...

Comment

Some ppl here have mean streaks...

Comment

Originally posted by metalseed View Post
                Some ppl here have mean streaks...
                Yea. No shit. LoL. Maybe thats why its a dwindling community?!?!?!?!
                If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

take a fresh wiff of whats going around. It's obvious tensions are high. Rygel, in all his awesome effort, provided some serious headache when he released his texture replacement set, it had some of the weirdest install instructions, and it definately isn't up to PAR as the .pk3 archives that are nice neat and tidy.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Link is down, could someone please reupload?

Comment

if you want something for free just use google and the word torrent just saying....

@talisa you always say you have the best collection of mods for your quake you should do a up load collection of other peoples work... i wanna see how quake looks when you play! (that sounds kinda dickish thats not how its ment to be)

and if anyone is hear to impress some one your hear for the wrong reason. you should be hear to have fun and share your toys. imo

Comment

we need a splitterface pack!
                        My Avatars!
                        Quake Leagues
                        Quake 1.5!!!
                        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

if someone compiles a pak of custom free-software/media with readme.txt or credits.doc then i'm sure that would satisfy the author's, but to satisfy id software you would probably need it not to look like quake.

I invision Quake 1.5, where everything shifted from gothic to tech. Like indiana jones meets star wars (hmm harrison ford as the quake marine)
                          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

@jd and sylux
                            lol yes, i have what is IN MY OPINION the best possible addons and mods and models and textures in my collection yush.

but i wont be uploading any 'awesome compilation pack', cuz as ive said before often...
                            i dont believe in some 'best pack', cuz what is awesome to one person another person might think is crap, or they might prefer other models or textures cuz they think the other item looks better/nicer/fits in better in quake. and one person doesnt mind replacement models or loves them like me, while another person might not like that and wants to use only original models.... etc etc etc

so i personally dun believe in some 'amazing hd pack', cuz everyones idea of 'the perfect quake collection' is completely different

however i have no problems with sharing a copy of my DP setup.
                            if anyone wants it just send me PM and ill share a torrent with my DP setup.
                            be warned though, my setup is seriously killer in terms of being resource-heavy

@JD
                            i actually have one on my youtube showcasing how quake looks with all the stuff i have. the clip is nearly a year old though, so it lacks some of the newer stuff which has been released since, like TM's amazing ogre, capnbubs dog remake and some more stuff.
                            [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z5Mv5zueqY]Quake DarkPlaces - E1M3 NIGHTMARE - YouTube[/ame]

but sures, i could make a new clip some time to show how my quake looks nowadays
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

imho the bump mapping is too much. I know u didnt make the uv maps but it really looks over kill
                              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                              X