Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to much? i think its very subtle

EDIT:
    also, if you think its to much, DP has a neat little cvar that allows you to set how heavy offsetmapping is:
    r_glsl_offsetmapping_scale

currently i use 0.05, but lower values give less heavier offsetmapping
    Last edited by talisa; 04-09-2013, 10:20 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I agree with the r00k but I also like your Quake set-up the most out of all the (HD) ones I have seen. If I played Quake and cared about HD, I would want your set-up.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I personally think the bump-mapping is perfect! I also have her version of Quake and love it myself.
        This just shows what talisa was talking about with opinions. We should all lighten up when people do post their ideas of a collection though. As long as nothing illegal is happening ..to each their own..eh...

Regards all..

Comment

bit late, but here is a new clip i made just last night to show how my DP setup
          looks like nowadays with all the new stuffs i got since that last clip i posted last time

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t21KTcvrsNo]quake1DP E4M4 nightmare - YouTube[/ame]

recorded a complete playthrough of E4M4 from start till end (including dying and having to quickload a couple times )
          used 'skill 3' and then 'map E4M4' in console to start at this map on nightmare. so i didnt have any other weapons or such at start
          Last edited by talisa; 05-28-2013, 11:20 AM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

"free quake"
            Where's the fun in that? I'd rather dish out on a nice big box copy than do this.

And it's not like it's a hard to get game, or expensive.

Lastly, although I don't endorse this method, if you're so desperate to emulate quake to be free and complete. Pirate it. I don't want anybody to do that, but I know people will.

On the subject of aesthetic preference. I'm thinking of doing my own textures, high definition and whatnot. But with my own theme. Being an artist that's not too difficult, but I won't claim it's the best, simply because it's not. It's just what /I/ consider to be a nice set up. Oh, I noticed talk of PK3 files for archiving, I'm used to Doom and Unreal, but from what I can tell, it should be really easy to set up a replacement. But I'm a newb on this, so I'm most likely wrong in my naivety.

So, in short. I don't quite understand why you'd want to try and replicate Quake without just buying quake.

Would love to do my own 'HD textures', not really for others, but for my own use.

And Talisa's setup is freaking nice :3 (felt like pointing that out since I think it's rather rad.)
            twitch
            wew lad

Comment

thanx mac, i spend tons of hours scouring the forums to find all the best stuff there is for quake, and a bunch of stuff i made myself too

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                thanx mac, i spend tons of hours scouring the forums to find all the best stuff there is for quake, and a bunch of stuff i made myself too
                Now, I may be sounding incredibly stupid, being new to this forum. But I haven't seen a thread for custom set ups. Where people can post their setups and talk about them. This would make a nice central hub for people looking for new ways play or post their custom files.

Say if I did a new hud and texture set, I could post it there (and just edit the post as needed), provide a nice clear download link and such.

There probably IS something like this, but I have yet to come across it.

(Off topic, but I'm curious, is there a reason I can't yet edit my profile information yet? I registered, but I think an admin has to verify it. If it's just going to be sorted pretty soon then just ignore this.)
                twitch
                wew lad

Comment

@mac
                  for that there are the finished works and the works-in-progress parts of these forums
                  there you can find all the awesome HD stuff everyone here has made, including everything you see in my clip

about not being able to edit profile, you need at least 10posts to be able to edit profile.
                  this rule was added after we had some spammers here not so long ago

Comment

Ah, yes. xD

I think it's very clear I'm new here. Been very busy working on a blood total conversion, which will eventually be ported to quake. Along with Doom and Duke 3D.

Also, that means, with this post. I can have a little avatar of myself.

Now I'm going completely off topic, so I'll head off to do "work" on this mod.
                    twitch
                    wew lad

Comment

lol thats fine. im always glad to help new people

and eyup, one more post and you'll be able to edit your profile

Comment

Hi OMacKnight

Welcome around... I like your style very original!

I saw annother thread and problems you had with hardware issue (100% cpu usage)... below you will find a thread with my custom configs for Qrack and a link for a special downloaf of a 1GB... I doubt you will have problems running it so may be give it a shot!

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...w-l-check.html

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50N7QkqbS5Q&hd=1]s7e7 - YouTube[/ame]

p.s.

Before you can edit your profile you need to post like 10 times not sure how many!

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
                        Now, I may be sounding incredibly stupid, being new to this forum. But I haven't seen a thread for custom set ups. Where people can post their setups and talk about them. This would make a nice central hub for people looking for new ways play or post their custom files.

Say if I did a new hud and texture set, I could post it there (and just edit the post as needed), provide a nice clear download link and such.

There probably IS something like this, but I have yet to come across it.

(Off topic, but I'm curious, is there a reason I can't yet edit my profile information yet? I registered, but I think an admin has to verify it. If it's just going to be sorted pretty soon then just ignore this.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mom View Post
                          Hi OMacKnight

Welcome around... I like your style very original!
                          Thanks, I wasn't even aware I had a particularly unique style, but that's definitely a rad thing to hear.

And I'll try that out and if that doesn't help, then it really is just that my system is ancient and needs upgrading. xD

Either way, I have many ways of playing quake, I was merely interested in that port. Might try and get the source on the next release and tinker with it a bit to try and optimise it.

But thanks for the warm welcome, I hope I can bring something cool to the community, even if it's my terrible aim and odd habit of modding EVERYTHING I touch within a ten mile radius.

EDIT : So I went to the thread, and to get the HD textures, dead link. ( http://puu.sh/34YK4.png < Screenshot to confirm this )

This is the only related link I could find there. Which is odd how most links related to Qrack are dead. I'm a little surprised that the releases haven't been archived on a couple of file hosts and/or Google Drive/<insert cloud storage similar to drive or dropbox here

Though how I got the core files was a little unusual. I found them in a thread, pointing out that there was no way to obtain the core files. I'll make the obvious point of, "I may just be making a simple error here", but it doesn't really seem that easy to obtain. Which makes it much harder for newer quakers to really discover without asking around. As much as I appreciate this if it's in Alpha/Beta and isn't really for public release, the fact that it's floating around in such a manner makes it rather confusing to know what's going on.

So, long story short, dead links are a seemingly common sight. But I'll presume there's a reason for it since I don't really have much knowledge of the scene here around the engine.
                          Last edited by OMacKnight; 05-30-2013, 11:54 PM.
                          twitch
                          wew lad

Comment

Thanks, I wasn't even aware I had a particularly unique style, but that's definitely a rad thing to hear.
                            Well already just your avatar is special/unique!

And I'll try that out and if that doesn't help, then it really is just that my system is ancient and needs upgrading. xD
                            No way you shouldn't have any problem at all I know many using it with much less then you.

Simply put, only DP (DarkPlaces) with some special configs (HD, textures, etc.) might be at risk in your case...

EDIT : So I went to the thread, and to get the HD textures, dead link. ( http://puu.sh/34YK4.png < Screenshot to confirm this )
                            qrack2011full

Comment

Well already just your avatar is special/unique!
                              Haha, I suppose, I never looked at it like that. It was just a quick test in Paint.NET with a tablet a friend recently gave to me as he just upgraded. It's funny really, I'm going to be doing a full HD rendering of it so it looks more... Rad...

No way you shouldn't have any problem at all I know many using it with much less then you.

Simply put, only DP (DarkPlaces) with some special configs (HD, textures, etc.) might be at risk in your case...
                              That's true, DP has never been too fond it my system, which is probably why I have 5 ports. But on topic of DP, it runs. But I can't have particularly detailed lighting. Which is fine by me as I find it ends up being too dark to see most of the time. Interestingly enough, I can still have AA set right up among other things, including bloom. Which makes everything look amusingly plastic. xD

But since I'm really picky on how my games look, I'll most likely do my own full model and texture set sometime in the near future.

And thanks for the link, I'm looking forward to seeing how this will run on my system, and if it doesn't, I'll still be interested in looking through the files and learning more about texturing. (I can look at textures and get a rough idea of how they were made, so it'll be great for inspiration.)
                              twitch
                              wew lad

Comment

You will be possibly very surprised how easy and interesting you can do with little when it is about Q1.

Have fun around foker

P.S.

I've added you to my IM... I'm fan_q1 (or something like that depending the network I'm on)

Comment

Working...
                                X