Most fun maps for 6 player cooperative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most fun maps for 6 player cooperative

I've played in a lot of 6 player cooperative vs. monsters games on RocketGuy's RQuake Server (and btw, all the server files and source is available for that)

Of the maps I've played, here are the ones I personally thought were the ones that were the most fun:

1. Trinca's Forgotten Tomb - trincasp2

Hordes of sequences where you encounter vast legions of monsters! To me, this map is almost impossible in single player.

But in cooperative, it is a dream come true and a sheer overwhelming amount of monsters in situations where you can barely defend yourself.

2. Insomnia (czg07) by CZG

Huge maps, lot of monsters, one of the greatest single player episodes of all time if not the best. Great in single player, absolutely great in cooperative.

3. Lunar Base 2 by Wendigo

This map was on the endangered species list as far I could tell. I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet, not even at Quaddicted. The homepage is dead.

This is not a hard map, but it is 8 minutes of fun and has 2 elevators that kill more players than the monsters do. I think I've died accidentally walking in the elevator shaft at least 15 times and then realizing I was going to be dead a split second later.

4. SPDv2 by Speedy

A Doom II intro-style map. Very imaginative and very fun. Amazingly difficult for the number of monsters.

5. And All That Could Have Been by RPG

An outstanding base map. It never disappoints. It is challenging, fun to explore and back when RQuake was still being hammer out, Lardarse did a cool 150 ping grenade jump to the exit when something was wrong with the server setup and the buttons didn't function properly.

6. CMC - The Cheyenne Mountain Complex by JPL

Huge and complicated map with a trillion enforcers and worse all over the place. One of the best and uniquely designed base maps, gives the feel of being in a huge underground complex. A killer single player map as well.

7. RC3 - Towne By Fat Controller

A big and challenging medieval villa. Door to door searches, lurking bad guys, and underground shrine and European players who manage to get stranded on an island surrounded by slime and need rescued, heh. (/inside joke, but it was funny).

And, like the above maps, is an awesome map in single player as well.

8. Mars 1 - Mars Base

A very nice map that I think was made in 1997. Large with some key quests and some unique features. The ending is cool with the space ship taking off.

Nice ambushes throughout the map. You will die several times!

9. Frostbite by Hrimfaxi

Everyone who first sees this in the intro map goes to thru this teleporter first. Some of the best landscaping in any map I've ever seen. I've not seen another map like this one.

This one is much of a vertical climb and you just don't see many Quake maps that are oriented around that. This is a standout map.

10. Evildead Cabin by Steve Rescoe

A remake of the place in the Evil Dead movies, with the woods, the house, a shack outside and a trap door that leads to a large area underneath that is very easy to get lost in.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I don't know if it's the same map, but there's a lunar2 map by Wendigo here: http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames2/l...j-l/lunar2.zip.

It's hidden in the DM section like some other maps.

Comment

RocketGuy had to code some exits in QuakeC for those 2 Lunar maps as they didn't have real exits so that makes a great deal of sense.

I didn't have a readme.txt file for lunar or lunar2 and felt bad I couldn't include one in the map download for RocketGuy's server.

(I bet a lot of DM maps have been permanently separated from any information on their authoring including the date. But now that I know where to get it, I can update the zip to include readme's.)
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

hey thks baker :=) already tried tcoa coop? violent!

Comment

Originally posted by Trinca View Post
          hey thks baker :=) already tried tcoa coop? violent!
          Haven't heard of that mod or map, Trinca. What is it?

Comment

http://speeddemosarchive.com/quake/mkt.pl?level:tcoa

Comment

Working...
            X