No announcement yet.

Suggestions for a long weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

note about winterpack - both maps should be played with quoth. as seven said you can put egypt.bsp into id1\maps and play it with smc, but the gameplay will be different due to the smc monster placement. you may also encounter some problems caused by the missing quoth powerups.
    -
    jakub
    my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
    Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
    Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post

DON'T MISS THIS ONE!

https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/sksp2b.html

just started playing it so far so good i love the environment!

lots of good secrets in all the right places (i can never find them in most maps)
      Hello JDStoner,

I just saw your post and tested it.
      Every new map seems to be bigger than the last one
      These massive castle maps are really impressive and frightening.

But also very interesting point is, that more and more maps make use of extension mods like Quoth and Drake. It seems a little bit that we have reached the limit of regular Quake assets and new / additional features are used more often.

Which is not a bad thing at all. I like the theme of both above mentioned extension mods a lot, as they are both focused on fantasy ambienced.

Some more screens from func_msgboard:

Comment

downloaded that map before but only just got around to actually trying it
        ....and it was awesome
        enjoyed this map so much i played all the way through it in one run.
        absolutely love huge castles like this map has <3

the usage of quoth is very nice too, love the additional new enemies and features this mod offers a lot
        ....even though the drake-mod of course will always be my favourite

its great to see more and more mappers use these extension-mods like drake and quoth for their maps
        regular quake is always nice but can get a bit boring after long,
        and those two mods both add so much new stuff and revitalize the game for me <3

would def recommend this 'conference of the shamblers' map to anyone who loves castle-themed maps
        if you like castles and such, download this map and go play it now
        Last edited by talisa; 02-01-2014, 06:09 PM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

this is this guys first quake map from what i read but they have mapped for other games... so it looks like quake can still pull in grate new talent to the community looking forward to more by this author.

Comment

first quake-map ever?

wow, if this is the guys first time making a map for quake...
            i cant wait to see any future maps from this person

this map is already incredibly impressive, if this really is his first quake-map thats amazing
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hello,

It is not long till next weekend ...
              People who followed the recommended maps / episodes in this thread know that most of them are focused on Temple / Medieval / Rogue-like theme.
              And when it comes to these type of maps, Tronyn is the first name that jumps into ones mind.

There is this episode, made by Tronyn, Daz and Xenon which I want to bring up today:
              The Night Journey V2

You need the mission pack 2 (Rogue) for it to play.
              It plays like a great additional episode of Rogue !
              So, if you didnt play it yet and liked Rogue, you should try it.

Have fun,
              Seven

Thank you Spirit for hosting all the great Quake maps.

Some random screenshots:

Comment

Oh my.... it is weekend again ?!

Thanks to the functional comment sections at Spiritīs Quaddicted website it does not need new map releases to find some great maps, which you didnt know before...
                Keeping an eye on the recent comments (called "Recent Activities") will always lead you to some really great maps.

1.) If you think you know the original ID1 maps inside out, you might want to try this special map with a mix of all the memorable moments of ID1 maps:
                Dimension of the Diminished - deja.zip
                It was really a DeJavu.
                Be sure to play it on skill 2 or 3 and watch out for secrets.
                I wish there would be more of these remakes...
                No screenshots allowed !

2.) A map from good old days in 1997 with the incomparable Quake style.
                With a couple of shocking moments, which I missed since the first days when I played Quake and threw my mouse away in pure horror.
                Habeas Corpus - corpus.zip
                I liked it a lot.
                There are some areas which you can access, which should not be accesable before finding switches, so avoid them before the switch has been pushed (to avoid storyline telling issues).

Both maps dont come with a custom progs.dat. If this is important for some
                Have fun and a nice weekend.

Comment

You got a good idea... right!

Hey Seven

Nice 'suggestion'

You gave me a good idea to 'entertain' some people I know and would like to ask if you prefer...

That I pass them your "weekend suggestions" in you do one each week.

If I can use the same idea by my own (if you don't do one each week and / or don't want me to use your post).

Are you interested in making it a 'top news' here at quakeone.com once a week?

Please advise and... have a good week now!!

Comment

Hello Mom,

Do whatever you want to do.
                    If you read carefully through this thread you will see, that I by far do not post every week.
                    To entertain your friends, you can almost randomly pick a map from Spiritīs archive and forward the link to them. Based on review note or ambience set; quaddicted gives you all the possibilities.

Good luck.

Comment

haha 0k will do!

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      Hello Mom,

Do whatever you want to do.
                      If you read carefully through this thread you will see, that I by far do not post every week.
                      To entertain your friends, you can almost randomly pick a map from Spiritīs archive and forward the link to them. Based on review note or ambience set; quaddicted gives you all the possibilities.

Good luck.

Comment

if you like castles ,huge maps and fighting hordes and a good challenge,
                        then you should definitely give this recently updated map a try:

The Masque of Red Death

its a huge castle by tronyn which im sure most of you are familiar with,
                        and it has the typical tronyn massive lay-out and tons of monsters to fight

on nightmare this map truely feels like an absolute nightmare cuz of the over 400 monsters
                        there are in this map and the massive hordes that you constantly get pitted against

just played it a bit ago and it was truely an absolute joy to play.
                        i love all of tronyn's maps, and maps like this one are why

Comment

Hello,

If someone is still looking for some Single Player experience over the weekend, there are 2 maps I would like to recommend:

The very new Castle of Depravity by JCorvinus

Screenshots:

I especially like the idea of using lava texture in custom fantasy lantern (see screen no.8 )

The all time favorite Elements by Vondur

Screenshots:

In Elements you will have to fight different element areas (like lava, water) and it has a little bit of Honeyīs scale in same areas. With great architecture.
                          Dont miss it !

Have a nice weekend,
                          Seven

Comment

Working...
                          X