Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible FPS with Quake HD

Hey everyone

I just installed Quake HD - super awesome! Would love to play it, but for some reason my FPS is hovering around 10 to 20 - its REALLY slow and laggy - my PC is more than powerful enough to handle it- i'm not sure what to do?

Appreciate any advice

mmm r_water 0
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Maybe you could actually tell us your computer spec's, processor and video card(RAM) specifically!

My upgrading an HIS Radeon 5770 to a EVGA GTX 660 SC was worth a bunnnnch of FPS's with the HD mod! Running on my ole AMD Quad Core 965 BE.
      Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Also, knowing whether or not you have AMD/Nvidia is a huge advantage over the current info given.Plenty of people here are willing to help we just more information than given.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

turn off water, turn off pixel displacement mapping, use good rtlights file, enable texture compression

Comment

Use pro quake , quake was not meant to be fancy,

Comment

Originally posted by powerzord View Post
              Use pro quake , quake was not meant to be fancy,
              logic fail
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

^- We should have a board purely for these kinds of religious shitstorms

Comment

Working...
                X