No announcement yet.

How do I use addon mods in Darkplaces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I use addon mods in Darkplaces?

I just reinstalled Quake and Darkplaces, got it all set up, but I can't figure out how to run the mod. In particular I'm trying to play Shrak as it looks interesting and quirky.

you start mods in DP just like how you'd do it in normal quake: gameExecutable - game modFolder
    so for example, for shrak... start darkplaces with parameters like so:

darkplaces.exe -game shrak

simplest way to do so, which is what i always do myself for mods is this:

-make a new .txt file
    -open the text-file in notepad, type the program executable with parameters, like what i typed in orange above.
    -then click save, set 'save as' > 'all types' in the save window, and then save it as a bat, like for example shrak.bat

then you can easily start your mod by starting the bat you made
    ive made bats to start every of my mods myself this way
    Last edited by talisa; 04-19-2013, 08:59 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I just realised that the radiant compile .bat that I made could be tweaked to load any map from just the one bat. It asks you what mod folder and map you want to load, that's essentially the same process as asking you what game you want to load.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

doesnt darkplaces have a mod menu option?
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
          doesnt darkplaces have a mod menu option?
          Now I just feel silly. Thanks anyways.

Comment

it does, but from my experience its quite broken sadly

just use my way, that one is certain to work
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
              you start mods in DP just like how you'd do it in normal quake: gameExecutable - game modFolder
              so for example, for shrak... start darkplaces with parameters like so:

darkplaces.exe -game shrak

simplest way to do so, which is what i always do myself for mods is this:

-make a new .txt file
              -open the text-file in notepad, type the program executable with parameters, like what i typed in orange above.
              -then click save, set 'save as' > 'all types' in the save window, and then save it as a bat, like for example shrak.bat

then you can easily start your mod by starting the bat you made
              ive made bats to start every of my mods myself this way
              What about for rouge and hipnotic, it sounds like what I should have done when installing the small mod complimation for rogue.

Comment

@frost
                for MP1 SoA / HIPNOTIC
                darkplaces.exe -hipnotic

for MP2 DoE / ROGUE
                darkplaces.exe -rogue

or even easier.... use these bats i made:
                http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?sb17f99f8d6ymaf
                just drop them in the same folder as DP and use those to start the mission-packs

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                  just drop them in the same folder as DP and use those to start the mission-packs
                  You mean drop it in the rogue folder?

Comment

Or you drop this exes from OoPpEe into your Quake folder.
                    HERE

This Thread is pinned here....

Comment

@R17
                      no drop them in quake base folder, same folder as where darkplaces.exe also is

@webangel
                      eyup, or you could use those. both are the same, mine are just .bat files instead of .exe files.
                      but both mine and OoPpEe's files do the exact same, they start darkplaces.exe with the correct parameters

Comment

Working...
                      X