No announcement yet.

found this by chanse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no knowledge of her selling any of the content from Q1 as she stated it was all completely free.Check the link.
    I never went to SL cause it just is not my thing and took her "tribute to Quake" as just that.After having a look at what she is in fact selling I am shocked that ID itself may be a bit upset as well.
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
      I had no knowledge of her selling any of the content from Q1 as she stated it was all completely free.Check the link.
      I never went to SL cause it just is not my thing and took her "tribute to Quake" as just that.After having a look at what she is in fact selling I am shocked that ID itself may be a bit upset as well.
      You wasn't the only one who was shocked to find out that she has been profiting from other peoples works which was graciously handed out for free. (or in the instance of E1M2, completely raping ID software 10 bucks+ at a time)
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

quote: all the 'actual work' i took from ruohis and such were textures

in which case...

Ruohis's models are licensed CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
        the NC means 'non commercial'.
        Meaning you're not allowed to use them for commercial purposes.
        That includes selling the textures.

Creative Commons Legal Code

I read it to mean: Selling a 'Collection' containing part of any of Ruohis' models or textures, even if you claim no money for the part of the collection which rouhis created, terminates the license that would allow you to reproduce/adapt/publically perform any part of rouhis' models/textures.
        Remember: The GPL has an allowance for 'mere agregation', but Creative Commons does not (and even 'mere agregation' is a grey area).

Other modelling projects may have different licenses, but are typically also creative commons non-commercial.

Please stop violating Ruohis's copyright by removing your 'collection' containing his works from sale. If he says you can't use his textures in your 'collection', then you legally cannot.
        Some Game Thing

Comment

- this "Epically Awesome Stuff by saphyra Melodie" is added automatically, every item on the SL marketplace his this added to the ad automagically

- as said before, i do give attribution to the people who made these textures. as ive said before (which you would all know if you would just read stuff ) i state clearly in the readme i include with my stuff attribution to ruohis, QRP and plague and such.

- my prices are actually very fair by SL standards. just look at the fact i sell my weapons for 250lindendollar/1US dollar. keep that in mind for a minute, and then look at this page of weapons on SL marketplace and look at the prices people ask for their weapons https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p...ategory_id]=21
          how many of these even come close to the low price i ask for my weapons? the closest item is some 'invisibility cloak' thingy which isnt even a weapon at all.

- also for such a ginormous build like a complete map of quake, my prices are considered pretty fair for such huge structures. people will easily ask 4 times as much for such huge structures as mine on SL.

- as you state yourself, you dont know a thing about SL. therefore you have no idea how insanely much work i put into re-creating these items all using the internal building tools SL offers. if you wanna know how insanely much work it is, try registering for an account on SL and try using the internal building tools and make all these complex items using only the interneal building tools, and dont import 3D models or use sculpties. only then after you tried that and see how much of a nightmare it is to create such complex items with the internal SL building tools you have any idea about the work i did

- yes i have an anthro mlp avatar. not cuz 'i want some attention', but because i love mlp and am a furry. 1 + 1 = 2 > i like mlp + i like anthros = i made an mlp anthro.

oh wait i get it now: you just want some attention with your 'mario fucks peach' avatar yourself...
          secretly getting a boner over peach and wanting the world to know?
          wait, thats not so? then why do you have an avatar of that, you surely must just want some attention with your avatar?
          you dont? then stop saying i want attention cuz i like mlp and like anthros
          Last edited by talisa; 09-24-2013, 07:20 AM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

its still a collection containing (texture) work licensed to you under a non-commercial-only license.

but hey, if you'd rather talk about fucking princesses, go ahead. Just remember that it doesn't affect your legal responsibilities.
            Some Game Thing

Comment

@spike
              yes i know this spike. my last post was directed mostly towards mindz' ridiculous rage-post

since i havent heard anything from ruohis anymore, i have sent him a PM to ask about the textures and if he's ok with it if i continue using them
              and if he'd have any conditions he'd want met for me to continue using them in SL

about QRP textures, i found this on the QRP site:
              3. What is the license on the QRP textures and can I use the textures for commercial as well as non-commercial usage?

The textures are copyright by their respective authors and, collectively, this project. These textures are free to use in any project, be it commercial or non-commercial,
              on the condition that the work or the derivative product mentions the URL (http://qrp.quakeone.com) and name of this project (Quake Revitalization Project) in the credits.
              In case your project does not have a suitable credits section, you must include with your product a file titled "read-me" or "licensing". No exceptions. For any further questions, contact us.
              i have updated the ads of the items on SL marketplace to include a line at the bottom which states the textures are from QRP and included a link to the site, as it says on the site.

also, does anybody know if plague had any conditions for use of his models or textures?
              i used the texture of his SNG, but in the pk3 i have with his models is no credits file included nor any license info?
              anybody know if he did add any license to his stuff or not?
              Last edited by talisa; 09-24-2013, 07:45 AM.
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hmmmm venting forum. Yeah i'm in the right place. Let's see, selling others works elsewhere. You should have went into politics, you have the whole "Defend what your doing whilst ignoring whats wrong with what your doing" down pat.

and btw, comparing my Mario humping the Princess to your tit prone ponies furry stuff is pretty funny in terms of who's vying for attention.

I checked your EAS store and also took note of this

Permissions: Copy Modify Transfer
                (I take it for face value , none of the things you list for sale @ EAS is allowed to be copied/modified/transferred)

Funny how that's how you got your content but your the Dead End of that process apparently..
                Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 09-24-2013, 08:46 AM.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

once more, you are judging someone without doing any actual reading mindz
                  stop being an idiot and start reading

if you did actually check my items, you wouldve noticed that on every of my items both copy and modify have a check next to them, meaning they are allowed to be copied and modified by the buyer

every single of my items is allowed to be modified and copied by the buyer, only the scripts are copyable only.
                  Last edited by talisa; 09-24-2013, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                    once more, you are judging someone without doing any actual reading mindz
                    stop being an idiot and start reading

if you did actually check my items, you wouldve noticed that on every of my items both copy and modify have a check next to them, meaning they are allowed to be copied and modified by the buyer

every single of my items is allowed to be modified and copied by the buyer, only the scripts are copyable only.
                    I was using the "Refine Search" section ,so that would a failing on the websites part not mine. I checked the boxes, Refined search, and it listed zero items. Maybe something worthy of reporting back to whoever runs that charade should know about.

I apologize I didn't invest an extra 10 seconds into it. I however do not apologize for thinking your full of shit selling these things.

Comment

Funny of you to pinpoint the shotgun which, judging from the description, includes the original sound effect from the game. You have pretty big ovaries to sell that.

No one gives a fuck about what is normal in Second Life. No one gives a fuck how awful the tools are and how long it took for you to replicate things. I sincerely hope you had fun and enjoyed doing it.

I did read your posts and I read them again. If you tell me to read all your posts once again I think my brain will melt in agony. So if you want to continue this nonsense, would you be so kind to explain what is wrong with my assumption: "So you rebuilt ruohis' models and id's maps polygon by polygon or what?"

Plague's: If there is no license, then you have no right to use anything.
                      Ruohis: Since as far as I know you replicated his designs, you better ask about those as well.

PS: This all would have been a non-issue if you a) would have given proper credit in the first place and b) would not charge for copies/replications of other people's creations. Not to mention c) not acted like a four letter word.

PPS: I honestly don't really care about the specific works. But I feel that acting like this is detrimental to a community and so I speak up. I am blunt, sorry about that, it's just speaking out without a flowery-filter. I guess others think that my behaviour is not very positive either, if so please join in.
                      Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

So, what's going to happen?
                        Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Talisa - Bluntly put, you've lifted textures, & recreated existing 3D models in another environment without asking permission.

& then sold them.

Even for pennies? Or portions of pennies? It doesn't matter. Violating intellectual & digital property is taken seriously. If it seems everyone is picking on you - there's good reason. Facts are facts. No amount of emotion will change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                            So, what's going to happen?
                            https://marketplace.secondlife.com/s...1923?id=101923

SS,DD.

Believe it or not, I checked this site a bit ago and took note that everything had been removed. Now everything is back.

Nothing will be done it seems, on a permanent basis that is. Maybe she is betting since everyone did these things for free, that they are too cheap to be bothered to sue her.

Comment

"Copyright infrigement" much?

Just checked her account out, and for about £7 I can buy a map she doesn't have rights to. :v

(looking at the wolf 3d e1m1)

I don't want to try and stir, but that's not too good. If you keep it up, iD may have an excuse to get some free money from you.
                              twitch
                              wew lad

Comment

well, looks like she's ignoring this topic entirely either way.
                                Some Game Thing

Comment

Working...
                                X