found this by chanse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

send everyone involved a 5dollar bill?
    that would sum up to more then ive 'earned' with sales of my quake remakes in SL

but if it would help id gladly give 50% commision of every sale i make to ruohis pr something like that,
    if i would be allowed to continue using his textures so the models look as authentic as possible.

really, i dont really care about the money much at all. i cheer when i see someone bought a quake item and i made a few pennies, but i really dont care about the money.
    i constantly give stuff i make for free to all my friends if they like something i show to them

i agree, it was stupid of me to not check if there was a license included with ruohis stuff, i shouldve done that before.
    i didnt think of the possibility of that these people mightve added licenses to their stuff

and yes i agree, spike is the only one who stayed fair imo and just came with facts about licenses. to him ive also reacted and ive worked to honor the licenses.

like QRP's license meant having to add where the textures were taken from and include a link to their website, which i added to the ads of all 3 quake maps
    to honor the request of the maker to include this.

as i said and show constantly, i am working now to replace the textures and sounds of the weapons ive made with custom ones so i dont violate ruohis nor IDs licenses anymore,
    and so that they are 100% my creation and nothing about them was taken from anybody else, and that they only 'look like' and no licenses are violated
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

If you don't care about the money, why have a price on them? Can't you set them to free, or even a penny if they don't allow you to put them up for free?

Comment

why? cuz its nice to see a lil bit back for all the hard work ive done.

and i could really use those few linden-dollars. i rent a home in SL which costs me 3600 'linden dollars' a month,
        so those few sales i make a month help a lil bit in paying for that
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
          why? cuz its nice to see a lil bit back for all the hard work ive done.

and i could really use those few linden-dollars. i rent a home in SL which costs me 3600 'linden dollars' a month,
          The work you did was plagiarism and you was benefiting from it. The author was the original poster here, in the venting area.

The venue was set by the OP, and if the angry posts aren't evident enough, The word is outrage. Original Author

The next word is audacity. Talisa's reasons for charging.

Quakeone.com is NOT a pair of teats to be milked and sold at market. Ignorance isn't an excuse. sniff sniff ,

Edited for MadGypsy <3
          Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 10-10-2013, 07:04 PM.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

send everyone involved a 5dollar bill?
            that would sum up to more then ive 'earned' with sales of my quake remakes in SL
            You haven't even made 5 bucks? Damn, you suck at stealing. You should quit your life of crime and use your powers for good.

edit: Yeah, I'm with Mindz, Talisa. Quit milking titties. Also, Quake tits are barely 17 so, that might also produce legal issues in your area. I think what Mindz is saying is to play with your own tits.

Maybe he is busy with the Quake tits right now. I cannot say for sure as I have never even seen the Quake tits. I prefer older, high def Ta-Tas, personally.
            Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-10-2013, 04:02 PM.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

it was a metaphor of the taking and profiting. or was you just aiming at comedy hehe.

Tits =/= Teats , found the pun in the joke.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Oh, I'm with ya bro. I did some research and Talisa AKA The Black Dragonfly is actually a notorious internet marketer. Her whole operation is ingenious. She is taking the big fat prosperous Quake tit and marketing it to people who primarily would never play Quake.

I know what you're thinking - "Wait, taking an incredibly small niche market and peddling it in a just as small but practically non related niche market is the stupidest fuckin plan on Earth. It goes against everything successful internet marketers say to do." -- yeah yeah yeah, I understand that but to make things even better Talisa proved it too. I mean, err, look at her masterful genius in cornering a double opposed niche market.

If she really was trying to steal, she just learned she better get a job and stop trying to earn space money...

If I was Ruohis I'd be pissed that the best she could do with my textures is a few dollars. I mean, if you are gonna use my work, even if you have the right to, don't disrespect my stuff with some "pennies of worth" crap. That's what would be making me hot if those were my textures.
                Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-10-2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                  Oh, I'm with ya bro. I did some research and Talisa AKA The Black Dragonfly is actually a notorious internet marketer. Her whole operation is ingenious. She is taking the big fat prosperous Quake tit and marketing it to people who primarily would never play Quake.

I know what you're thinking - "Wait, taking an incredibly small niche market and peddling it in a just as small but practically non related niche market is the stupidest fuckin plan on Earth. It goes against everything successful internet marketers say to do." -- yeah yeah yeah, I understand that but to make things even better Talisa proved it too. I mean, err, look at her masterful genius in cornering a double opposed niche market.

If she really was trying to steal, she just learned she better get a job...
                  You have me here, I'm not entirely sure if you're being serious or not.

It IS 2:39 in the morning, so I might just be in a drowsy state.

twitch
                  wew lad

Comment

O' Maaaaaaac! You made my night!

Talisa is not an infamous internet marketer known as The Black Dragonfly, and she isn't under your bed or in your closet, mmmmkay buddy? Nitey nite, lil fella

Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-10-2013, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post

Quakeone.com is NOT a pair of teats to be milked and sold at market. Ignorance isn't an excuse. sniff sniff ,
                      Doh you beat me to the fiddle!
                      WARNING
                      May be too intense for some viewers.
                      Stress Relief Device
                      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                      ---------------------------
                      .--------------------------

Comment

dafuq you gonna play on that? You have room for like 6 notes. You could tune it drop D and get 3 power chords out of it (without the power of course). There is probably a Green Day song on that neck some kind of way.

Comment

wolf3D map: same thing, nothing from the game in them, textures are hi-res textures taken from packs from various engines,
                          the wall-textures are hires textures from various doom sourceports, and the hitler painting i found through google.
                          also replaced the sound with a free one i found online. searched for free shotgun and pump sound, combined them and le voila
                          replaced copyrighted in-game sound with new license-free sound
                          Check what the licenses of those files allow you to do with them. Be aware that no license means no right to use.

really, i dont really care about the money much at all. i cheer when i see someone bought a quake item and i made a few pennies, but i really dont care about the money.
                          &
                          There is a disagreement here.
                          Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

sounds i checked before-hand, im 100% certain they are free to use

textures i used for wolf3d walls i will check up on after i finish fixing all the weapons

which brings me to teh next point... the SNG version which is based on plagues model has been fixed.
                            new custom textures and new free-to-use sound to replace the in-game sound so no licenses&copyrights are violated

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EeLZ2Z7gj4]SL- quake SNG new anims + sounds - YouTube[/ame]

also while i was busy with it anyway i also replaced the old ugly animations with own-made ones which i made for the shotguns.
                            they work perfectly for this weapon too

also lol gypsy, you always manage to crack me up with your crazy stuff
                            that made-up story about me supposedly being a notorious marketer gave me a good laugh
                            Last edited by talisa; 10-11-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

XD

This shows how daft I am when I'm tired enough.
                              twitch
                              wew lad

Comment

@Spirits last point - I agree, and I noticed it too. You say you don't care about the money but then you say that you're glad to make it. I don't think you are being self-conflicting, I think you suck at defending yourself.

Of course you want the money, even if it is just 1 cent a month. That's what you should stick to. If I was in your shoes this would have been my "defense"

"Fuck yeah I want money. I am a capitalist, but I'm not a thief. I will do better research and see what is legal for me to use and change the rest. Thanks for bringing this to my attention."

See what I did there? I just told the truth and completely shut them up by claiming thanks for their input. You put the people on your case off-guard and just go about with whatever your responsibilities are. The end result is the same but no one continues to give you shit because they feel like they accomplished something. It's how you turn your situation from being the victim to being the manager.

Also: fuck some pennies, Talisa. Charge for your work. Now more than ever. If it really will be ALL your work...charge for it. When I self contract I charge 40$ an hour plus potential fees. People pay it. Those images I posted in "my recent media" thread were 160$ a piece. Nobody stuck a gun to my clients head and made them use me. ACTUALLY, a metaphorical gun was stuck to my head to do the work. Do I believe my images are worth 160$? Fuck no, but that's my price and I do not bargain. There is always a contract too.

this works:

client: "I'm thinking about getting 5 or 6 images, whats that going to cost."
                                me:"5 or 6 * 160"
                                client:"So there is no bulk rate."
                                me:"nope"
                                client:"I tell you what, I'll pay 100 a piece and get 6 images, fair?"
                                me:"I don't think I am interested in your project [[sticks hand out for a goodbye shake]]"

A version of the above has happened twice and I ended up with the job at my price both times.

I have lived by words that an old house painter told me, like they are the 11th commandment. "The price is the price". I understood everything he meant with those 5 words.
                                Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-11-2013, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X