Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found this by chanse...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/101923
    Was googling some quake related stuff and found this guy "selling" what looks like exact copies of many quake related models, plagues, mine and others...
    some second life credits but you still have to buy the credits with real money from what i understand?
    ::Ruohis.com :: Total Remodeling Progress :: Monster Remodelling Project :: New Player Model ::

thats talisa. she does this stuff in second life.
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Yes she has been quite open and vocal about her project on the forum.I don't think it is real money or for that matter a real game but a kind of chat vrml club
      WARNING
      May be too intense for some viewers.
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
      ---------------------------
      .--------------------------

Comment

yes indeed i've been remaking a lot of stuff from quake in second life
        for one, im not 'some guy', im actually female...

and yes, as bluntz and sylux both said, ive been very open about this project for a long time.
        since i started doing this ive been keeping everybody on the forums updated on any progress of my works:
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...cond-life.html

as i already told you in second-life they are not exact copies of your models. ive completely rebuild these models myself in SL using the second life prim tools system.
        the only item that is an import of a model is the bio-suit, which would look pretty crappy if re-build using the SL prim tools and currently my skills
        are not anywhere near good enough to try and make my own 3D-model of this item.

every single other item i have re-created in SL ive painstakingly remade using the internal SL build-tools.
        people have told me a couple times like 'why dont you just convert the models to a format SL can import',
        but every time people asked me ive told them i did not want to do that and wanted to re-build them
        with the tools second life offers to make items so they wouldnt be exact copies because if i did i would feel incredibly lazy
        and i would look like someone who's only after making some money on models people worked really hard on.

fact is, i am not. in second life, you pay with a special currency called 'linden dollars'.
        these are worth barely anything at all: 250linden dollars equals 1US dollar
        so i am not getting rich from these items i made, not at all.

best example, these keys i have remade: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Quake-Keys/2963051
        i sell them for just 50lindens. in second life, uploading of textures costs 10lindens per texture.
        6 keys = 6 textures = 60 lindens i paid to be upload just the textures.
        so i sell them for less money then i paid to be able to create them.

or my weapons.... 250lindens each... thats 1 whole US dollar.
        and i spend hours and hours re-creating these models in second life with the tools SL offers to make items,
        together with my friends who've wasted many hours after i created the models to script these weapons.

so once more, these are not imports of models, and i am not exactly getting rich from them at all. i made these out of love for the game,
        and ive based them on models which you and plague and others made not to steal your designs, but to honour them because i absolutely love the models you all made.

yes i did use the textures from the models which you included with your models for use on my models so that they would look just like yours,
        and i did this without your permission, and i am sorry for not asking you before-hand if i could use them.

also, i am not pretending at all i came up with these designs or made the textures i used at all.
        in the readme's i include with my items i clearly state that the designs of my models are based on your hi-poly models for quake,
        and in readme's of any maps i made i clearly state that the textures i used were made by QRP-team and thank them for making these amazing textures.

so once more, im not making money off of your designs, i ask hardly anything for all the hours me and my friends spend
        to painstakingly rebuild them with the tools SL offers to create items. i do this out of love for the game and to honour the amazing designs
        of you, plague, OoPpEe and all others who designed the models that i based my items on.

and i by all means did not mean any disrespect at all by using the superb textures you all made for your items, quite the contrary.
        this has been a project ive made to honour the items you made and because i love quake and want to share the amazing-ness
        that is quake with everyone on SL and ask people barely anything at all for the items we worked so hard on
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I'm just surprised he couldn't figure out it was you, Talisa. There is at least a gazillion pics of Applejack* on that page.

"Some fruit-cake is stealing our Quake stuff..." (@ he thought it was a guy)

lol

*I had to google that. In other words, I have testicles and am completely unaware of MLP names. Let's just make that clear right now.
          Last edited by MadGypsy; 09-16-2013, 01:54 PM.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

i was actually more suprised that ruohis apparently never saw my thread before about me remaking quake in second life

also, yeah id think its quite obvious thats me. especially cuz theres also a bunch of pictures of one of my sl avatars which is the character of mine as i also have as profile-pic here on quakeone.

also, of course you had no clue who applejack was
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I originally wrote rainbow dash (the only name I know and I know it because of you ) but, I was looking at all of your stuff and saw you refer to it as AJ. Which is obviously not rainbow dash. Google ensued..

I learned that 2 identical ponies (in testicle world) are different because, one has rainbow hair and the other has freckles. Who knew?
              Last edited by MadGypsy; 09-16-2013, 04:14 PM.
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

ok i take my words back, you really do not know MLP.

that picture i use as my avatar-picture here on quakeone and that is also in some of my ads on second life marketplace is not applejack....
                that is my own original character Myra

and not rainbow dash

my character is very different looking i think.
                the only thing they have in common is that they coat is blue(but completely different shades) and they are both pegasi
                Last edited by talisa; 09-17-2013, 04:54 AM.

Comment

what the fuck is all those pictures lol
                  Rambo[RuM]
                  I support:
                  Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                  Qrack - Thank You r00k
                  Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                  Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Originally posted by rambo View Post
                    what the fuck is all those pictures lol
                    My Avatars!
                    Quake Leagues
                    Quake 1.5!!!
                    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                      so once more, im not making money off of your designs, i ask hardly anything for all the hours me and my friends spend
                      to painstakingly rebuild them with the tools SL offers to create items. i do this out of love for the game and to honour the amazing designs
                      of you, plague, OoPpEe and all others who designed the models that i based my items on.
                      Wow, how charitable of you!! Do you realise, that ruohis and the others did the actual work and they gave it away for free? Those crazy lunatics.

Your justification does not make any sense. You had to pay some cents to be able to upload textures so now you have to sell them? If your love of whatever goal you had is not enough to cover that then just don't do it in the first place. If you make money, you make money. The amount is irrelevant.

Your descriptions on that site are disingenuous. If you wanted to honour the creators then surely you would casually mention their names in your descriptions?

I mean, it is cool that you promote Quake, but this is a scam.

BRB, making Quaddicted look like I made all the maps. And charge for downloads.
                      Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

pardon me?

all the 'actual work' i took from ruohis and such were textures, everything else i did myself. i spend countless hours building those items myself with the tools SL has to offer and to together with my friends script the items all to work.

is that not worth 10pennies up to max of 1dollar per item, all the countless hours me and my friends spend on building these items from the ground up in SL and scripting them?

me and my friends spend an insanely lot of work together on re-making these items in SL from the ground up, which you would know if you actually read my entire posts. we didnt just convert the models and import them and done, i spend tons and tons of hours re-creating all of these items in SL from the ground up.

Comment

Do you think you and your friends are the only people who spent countless hours on stuff? How often do you see people charging for Quake stuff?

So you rebuilt ruohis' models and id's maps polygon by polygon or what? Without giving attribution that is plagiarism in my world.
                          Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

try browsing through my thread about the remakes and read everything i said there
                            http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...cond-life.html
                            you obviously didnt read that.

you also once more prove with your questions you didnt even read what was said before in this thread.
                            i suggest to try doing that before you attack people and accuse them of things that were mentioned arent true

Comment

I'm linking directly to the page in question,because well, its fn relevant.

Originally posted by Epically Awesome Stuff
                              quake E1M2: castle of the damned
                              quake E1M2: castle of the damned
                              L$2,995
                              0 stars Reviews (0)

Epically Awesome Stuff by saphyra Melodie
                              Epically Awesome Stuff by saphyra Melodie
                              So let me get this straight, your charging for previously created works that have been rehashed / whatever you wanna call it inside Second Life (which I admittedly know dick about)

You're charging a little over $10 for E1M2/Castle of the Damned , seriously?

Every instance of your offerings @ that page include these lovely tid bits of authorship,by saphyra Melodie.

While im here @ critique corner, I wanted to point out this bit of signature..

//and i wont make some 'super HD-pack' myself ever, period...
                              why? i dont care about popularity, and dont want to be praised for stuff others worked hard on//

So, you'll just port (im sorry,painstakingly RECREATE) other peoples hard work, and rather than compiling it into all in one Quake-Ish package for free,you'll just move it to an entirely different venue and call it yours at every instance of authorship. (Personally, Quakeone.com and your statements made here have dick all to do with Second Life,or your activities. Do you think people bother reading your goods being sold descriptions and all of a sudden because you gave credits HERE, that it means SHIT there. Nope,it don't. Quakeone.com isn't Second Life,nor should you consider a few posts at QUAKEONE.COM covering the bases of you giving props/credits to the people who created the content YOUR selling.

It just comes off a bit hypocritical saying you won't compile other peoples hard work and distribute it in a game pack, but you'll gladly accept the linden dollars for those SAME PEOPLES hard work in an entirely different area.

It's been a minute coming but stfu, reading this post makes me wanna go on a MLP stomping spree like Epic Lloyd ; [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiRErlqfP3E]RAMPAGE - YouTube[/ame]

Someone give Spirit a keg of his favorite brew and don't forget the fucking TAP. I love it when someone can set aside the feelings of others just to simply spit the truth,It's almost motivational, considering this posts existance.

On another note, I've noticed that when an entity on the internet starts using ****y/tits showing My Little Ponies for avatars, corrects people about being a female/woman , definitely wants SOME form of attention.
                              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 09-23-2013, 09:40 AM.
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                              X