Why are some customers so rude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are some customers so rude?

I'm going to beat up a pillow and I'll play some singleplayer Quake.

If I don't feel better, I will body-slam the customers! (Kidding) No but really, some customers should learn some respect.
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

I crack up laughing when people get all offended that people blow off steam in games like Street fighter, quake, WoW, rumblefighter. They act like you're a serial killer for moving your fingers in the digital world.

Comment

There was a moronic customer who came in today... She walked up to me and she complained about technical difficulties. I do not take care of technical issues; I take care of shelving! Am I the only one who doesn't see a relationship between technical issues and shelving? The woman was a freakin' idiot. Right before the woman left the store, she made an annoying clicking sound with her tongue. I felt like giving her the middle finger. I think that I should force my customers to take an IQ test before they enter my store. (Yes, they better pass the test.)
      "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

dude, i can say from experience, when you work in an industry in which you interact with your clientele, they will treat you like a less than human piece of poo, whos only purpose is to bend over backwards to fulfill there own fantasy.
        My Avatars!
        Quake Leagues
        Quake 1.5!!!
        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I worked in Customer Service / Food Industry for 3 year's and was even a General Manager for Domino's Pizza. I learned to be very stern with customer's. I find a common ground and stick to it. I have had customer's try to over run me by raising their voice only to be brought down to their knee's from my stern approach. It also helped that i was focused on working in law enforcement and i immediately inherited an attitude of mutual ground. 3 year's in law enforcement and 3 year's in customer service, i think i will stick to driving truck as i make more then both of those past job's and i don't have to deal with douchcanoe's as much. ;]

Comment

Over Christmas I worked in Build-A-Bear. We ran completely out of stuffing and when I told people this they told me to stuff the animal anyways. I couldn't because I had no fucking stuffing!

I think it's cus people who don't know the store/how to treat people are idiots.

Everyone prefers a nice idiot over a mean one.
            Steam: Dirty Panties

Comment

I've dealt with a lot of pissy customers myself. Thankfully not as many working at Publix as I have had working my old job at Bruno's, but I still get those people. I think...a lot of the pissiness comes from the fact that the customers know they're about to spend money...

The worst ones I've ever dealt with are the crazy coupon ladies. You know, the ones with stacks of coupons. I had one lady once that literally bought a couple hundred dollars worth of Gatoraid and salad dressing and spent $6. It was a lot of fun trying to pack her Volkswagen Beetle with all of it too.

It's just an unfortunate thing that there are people out there who shop angry.

Comment

I work in a bar where people start drinking the second we open and some regulars are in there drinking before we even open. Rude, stupid people is my entire job. Luckily, my boss is a coke head and has like 0% management skills. Telling the customer to go fuck themself generally ends in no consequences.

One guy I work with told a customer he hopes they choke on it and it became a kitchen joke for months. His punishment was he was banned from working the register and that ban didn't even last one entire day. I banned myself from the register and the phone starting the first day I ever worked there. I was real clear with "management" - I have zero patience for bullshit and have no business talking to people. It wasn't long before they absolutely agreed!

That's fine, shove me on the fry station in my own little hole and just tell me what you want me to cook. There could be a line all the way to mars and that shit wont phase me in the slightest. Put me on the register and by person #3 I'm ready to kill somebody. However, I have never told a customer something rude or uncalled for. It is just extremely obvious that I do not like you based on my facial expression and voice. That is of course unless I do like you but that is incredibly rare.

I did have one customer the other day though that I not only liked but was incredibly impressed by. This guy was reading my eyes to determine if I was ready for the next part of his order. I was blown away. He was 100% on time too! It was freaky like he was behind me looking over my shoulder as I type. I made him some really super good food for being a genius.
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by QuadRaptor View Post
                  I've dealt with a lot of pissy customers myself. Thankfully not as many working at Publix as I have had working my old job at Bruno's, but I still get those people. I think...a lot of the pissiness comes from the fact that the customers know they're about to spend money...

The worst ones I've ever dealt with are the crazy coupon ladies. You know, the ones with stacks of coupons. I had one lady once that literally bought a couple hundred dollars worth of Gatoraid and salad dressing and spent $6. It was a lot of fun trying to pack her Volkswagen Beetle with all of it too.

It's just an unfortunate thing that there are people out there who shop angry.
                  I shop at publix here in FL, and my wife worked for them for a short time before i met her. By far best shopping experience i have had in any grocery store. I drive truck for a living and i use to haul product to the DC for publix in Jacksonville, FL, Boyton Beach, FL, Orlando, FL, Miami, FL & Sarasota, FL.. good company for sure.

Comment

I always thought if u just ignored them they'll go away.
                    "no hable engwish" if they dont...
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I blame the guys in marketing.The big glossy menu photos with gobs and gobs of way more than the customer ever gets just sends them into a tizzy when they get their order of reality.I worked at a Taco Bell for a year when the economy tanked a few years back and was amazed just how asinine some folks got over a 59 cent taco.When asked by the manager just what the problem was I responded the usual complaint was......
                      WARNING
                      May be too intense for some viewers.
                      Stress Relief Device
                      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                      ---------------------------
                      .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X