Dangit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangit

Maaan I have this little bullshit BB gun that I like to shoot from time to time. I never aim it at living thing because I don't believe in killing things you aren't going to eat. I'm probably not gonna eat anything that can be killed with a BB gun.

However today I decided to shoot some stuff. I noticed a pigeon in a tree, kinda far away. I didn't want to shoot the pigeon. I wanted to shoot the branch it was sitting on. I perfectly shot the pigeon . Head shot too.

I was blown away and horrified all at the same time. I was blown away cause this was a far shot and I only pumped it 5 times (supposedly 10 is max). I was confident that if I hit the pigeon it probably wouldn't do anything. I was horrified when I saw it plummet from the tree spraying blood out of it's face. For one little quarter of a second it looked like the pigeon was just off balance and was going to fly away. I was all like "phew" then it hit the ground dead "fuck.".

So now, I have this lil guilty conscience that I killed some animal for no reason at all and I don't know how to "say I'm sorry", but I am sorry. I'll never even pump this gun once and aim it at anything higher on the food chain than a ****roach, ever again.

I'm sorry lil pigeon. RIP. I am officially a murderer and there is certain things I cant say anymore without being a hypocrite

edit: Ironically, If I was trying to shoot the pigeon I probably would have hit the branch
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-04-2014, 06:10 PM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

The first rule of hunting is
    "If you kill it you eat it"
    So squab is on your plate or you waste a life,you must realize that animal died for you pal,suck it up and cook it.
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

Comment

you're reading my mind. The only thing I'm worried about is disease. If it wasn't common for these birds to be diseased I would already have the fire going.

I really really really did not mean to kill this bird but, I don't think potentially ruining my own health is the answer.

Comment

Guess it has to be well done.
        You better than most should realize only BSE survives a well cooked meat.
        But if it bothers you that much just feed it to that mangy mutt hanging around the dumpster out back.
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

I wouldn't contract some exotic flu or some shit to make it right. I'm a hunter, and I generally believe you should eat what you kill. But at the end of the day, something(s) will eat that pigeon. A coyote or a vulture or even a bunch of ants. So don't worry dude, you've still made a contribution to some other animal.
          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Well,

1) It occurred to me that my pigeon in a tree may have been sitting in a nest full of eggs so, I went to go look. Thankfully there was no nest and I don't have to sit on a bunch of eggs for a month

2) I buried the bird and made him a little headstone out of toothpicks and cardboard that says "R.I.P. Headshot"

I did #1 cause I didn't want to kill more birds
            I did #2 cause it didn't seem right to just leave him lying there like I didn't care

@eating the bird. I decided that eating the bird wasn't going to mean anything. The bird wasn't going to gain purpose to it's death. I have a refrigerator full of dead animals and the store is full of more that died for the cause. So, it's not like I could eat the bird and then say it died to provide me with a meal. I already have food, I can get more food and I don't eat pigeon.

No matter what, the bird died because I did not act responsibly with my BB gun and no manner of eating it or feeding it to something else is going to change that. The upsides are: I am never going to do that again, luckily this wasn't some endangered species and I am truly sorry that I killed the little birdy for absolutely no reason. I also have a new respect for the power of my "toy" BB gun.

As an aside, the reason why I didn't think my shot would wound the bird was because of experience with the gun. This gun is my roach killer. I don't have a roach problem or anything but the big outside roaches invite themself over sometimes. One wall in my house is brick. I have shot numerous roaches and caught the ricochet off the brick wall in the face. It doesn't even hurt. It's like being plucked. That brick wall is substantially closer to me than this bird was.

Anyway, I'm not about to suffer clinical depression over this or anything. I did something that I don't feel is right. I did everything I could think of to make sure that my actions didn't have residual consequences and I truly am sorry. Time to move on and just make sure I do better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
              Well,

1) It occurred to me that my pigeon in a tree may have been sitting in a nest full of eggs so, I went to go look. Thankfully there was no nest and I don't have to sit on a bunch of eggs for a month

2) I buried the bird and made him a little headstone out of toothpicks and cardboard that says "R.I.P. Headshot"

I did #1 cause I didn't want to kill more birds
              I did #2 cause it didn't seem right to just leave him lying there like I didn't care

@eating the bird. I decided that eating the bird wasn't going to mean anything. The bird wasn't going to gain purpose to it's death. I have a refrigerator full of dead animals and the store is full of more that died for the cause. So, it's not like I could eat the bird and then say it died to provide me with a meal. I already have food, I can get more food and I don't eat pigeon.

No matter what, the bird died because I did not act responsibly with my BB gun and no manner of eating it or feeding it to something else is going to change that. The upsides are: I am never going to do that again, luckily this wasn't some endangered species and I am truly sorry that I killed the little birdy for absolutely no reason. I also have a new respect for the power of my "toy" BB gun.

As an aside, the reason why I didn't think my shot would wound the bird was because of experience with the gun. This gun is my roach killer. I don't have a roach problem or anything but the big outside roaches invite themself over sometimes. One wall in my house is brick. I have shot numerous roaches and caught the ricochet off the brick wall in the face. It doesn't even hurt. It's like being plucked. That brick wall is substantially closer to me than this bird was.

Anyway, I'm not about to suffer clinical depression over this or anything. I did something that I don't feel is right. I did everything I could think of to make sure that my actions didn't have residual consequences and I truly am sorry. Time to move on and just make sure I do better than this.
              Well, no matter how you feel, the good news is that you're human and you felt bad for what you did. And instead of bottling it up, you came on here to admit it and talk about it. I think that says something very positive about your character.

This will probably fall under the 'too long didn't read' section but I'll share a similar story:

When I was a lot younger, I used to hang out with this one kid who was kind of bad news but I didn't know that at the time. My dad got me a BB gun for my birthday, but I didn't care for shooting guns unless I was playing Doom or Quake, so into the closet it went.

One time when I was hanging out with this kid, my dad brought up in front of him that I had one. "Why do you never use it?" he asked. The kids face lit up and he said "YOU HAVE A BB GUN!? LET'S SHOOT IT!" So out it came and we were shooting targets in the backyard. That is until this kid realized that there was a Dove in the tree out there.

He started shooting at the tree and I asked him what he was doing. He wouldn't say anything. So then I heard the bb hitting a leaf and bark of the tree and heard the bird coo. I grabbed the gun from him and said, "Listen, we're not killing any birds! Let's go do something else." After he argued with me for a while, we rode our bikes into town.

Fast forward and we're at the local card shop looking at baseball cards. I get into looking for certain cards and after a while I looked around and noticed that this kid isn't in the shop anymore. He was so adamant about shooting at this bird that i knew he had to be riding back to my house to shoot it.

I run out, grab my bike and ride back home as quickly as I can. When I arrive, I throw my bike down and run into my backyard. There he is, shooting at the tree. I ran at him and yelled to stop but like a movie, his next shot hit the bird. And I remember to this day: The bird just slowly teetered and toppled out of the tree and on to the ground. And then Silence.

I immediately started tearing up a little, for one about the bird but for two that a "friend" of mine would do something so evidently messed up. The fact that he wanted to kill this bird so bad kind of scared me.

He dropped the gun and left after I wouldn't respond to him. I don't even remember what he said to me. I never spoke to him again.

I did the same as you and buried the bird in the dirt under the tree and covered it with leaves. I felt terrible. I know I didn't do it but it was my gun and it was my choice to be friends with this psycho.

I know in hindsight this probably doesn't seem like a big deal to anyone reading it and I can understand that. But at the time it was whole new situation I had never experienced and I still remember it today.
              Last edited by ArrrCee; 04-08-2014, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Poor little birdy. FUCKING KILLER!.. Anyway, you have the slightest clue how much shit i have killed in my younger day's just shooting around on our ranch. The best part though is that i certainly did make use of the thing's i shot depending on what it was. I cut a FROG in half with a knife and BEGGED my dad to put it back together, i was 7 year's old and cried to him for a few minutes and finally he pulled out his duct tape and taped it up. I played with the frog for 3 day's until it started to STINK REALLLLLLLLY BAD and i chucked it in the trash. Don't feel bad you shot it, just be glad that BB gun has some fucking power!

Comment

just be glad that BB gun has some fucking power!
                  I have a much, much more powerful one. The one I shot the bird with is only 400 fps at max pump. My crack-barrel is 1400 FPS period. If a BB moving at roughly 200 fps is strong enough to pierce a birds skull, my 1400 FPS BB gun would have taken his head completely off.

That's actually the whole reason I was using the 400 FPS gun, It doesn't have any power, well, unless you are a pigeon, apparently. I have ferral cats on this property and I have shot them many times with the weak BB gun without putting one in the ground or critically wounding it. In that case though I really am trying to hit the cat. I just want it to never come back.

The more I think about it, the gun must have already been pumped before I pumped it 5 times. The only problem is, I don't miss small details like that (at least it's very uncommon). The chances of me loading and priming the weapon and then setting it to the side are like ZERO. The only thing I can think (but certainly can't remember) is maybe being side tracked while firing the gun and hence really leaving it pumped and loaded. IDK, it just doesn't make any sense that 5 pumps from the distance I was at would kill the bird. It makes no sense at all. I'll shoot myself in the head with 5 pumps right now and that shit might leave a notable red dot. I kill roaches from maybe 10 feet away with 5 pumps and take ricochets in the face with no pain, none.

The gun had to be primed and I was completely unaware of it.

you came on here to admit it and talk about it. I think that says something very positive about your character.
                  Are you saying I'm a newb? I'm altruistic and I don't pretend to be things that I am not just to leave a more impressive impression on people. If it is maybe considered "feminine" or "innocent" to feel bad for killing a pigeon and/or if it's newbalicious to express such sentiments in a dog house like QuakeOne, I consider myself brave enough to just be honest.

If I had initially intended to eat that bird, this story would have been very different. It would have been about how I head shot dinner from summin like 60+ yards away with a weak and shitty BB gun, half-pumped, on the first bullet. The bird would have also been a duck. Which there are plenty around here.
                  Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-07-2014, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                    Are you saying I'm a newb? I'm altruistic and I don't pretend to be things that I am not just to leave a more impressive impression on people. If it is maybe considered "feminine" or "innocent" to feel bad for killing a pigeon and/or if it's newbalicious to express such sentiments in a dog house like QuakeOne, I consider myself brave enough to just be honest.

If I had initially intended to eat that bird, this story would have been very different. It would have been about how I head shot dinner from summin like 60+ yards away with a weak and shitty BB gun, half-pumped, on the first bullet. The bird would have also been a duck. Which there are plenty around here.
                    Oh shit, I apologize! No, I totally meant to hit the happy face next to that one.

I think it really is something positive to come on here and say you feel bad about something like that.

If anything, I'm a bigger "newb" than you for for my story.

Comment

Originally posted by ArrrCee View Post
                      I think it really is something positive to come on here and say you feel bad about something like that.
                      All of my yes.
                      twitch
                      wew lad

Comment

Working...
                      X