Hotel Internet Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Internet Connection

I am in a hotel which is quite normal for me since i travel the country. Anyway, what really pisses me off is, i can play ANY, and i mean ANY game such as, Counterstrike Source, Counterstrike Global Offensive, Quake 2, Quake 3, Urban Terror 4.2, and GTA 4 TBOGT online/multiplayer, but i can not play Quake. My ping on all games runs under 100 almost everywhere i go. When i connect to Quake however it runs 2,000+ and even kick's me off the server's after a few minutes. I have tried a few server's and get same effect. quaketx, clan-rum, speaknow, clanhdz, rage, & shmack just to name a few. Now running CMD and pinging the server's i ping between 50-100ms, but Quake is the only game i can't play on this hotel connection. Anyone have a clue as to what may be the cause of this? It's really frustrating.

Thank's

Hi WL,
    Just curious... is it the same across different quake 1 engines?

Kind regards
    Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
      Hi WL,
      Just curious... is it the same across different quake 1 engines?

Kind regards
      Monty
      Yes, i tried Proquake, Qrack, DirectQ and Engine-X. They all have the same results. I'm not sure what the deal is, but all other games i can play perfectly fine. It is a 'hotel connection' which i do get ping spikes but only in Quake do i feel any effect's from it but i can't stay connected longer then 5-6 minutes tops. It's ok, i am here for 1 more night, i still got other games to play luckily.

Thank's for the response.

Comment

try using a quakeworld client+server instead. if you still have issues, decrease your rate setting.

note: quakeworld is quite similar to quake2, so if quake2 works I don't see why quakeworld wouldn't, so long as your rate cvar doesn't allow the server to go all spammy.
        Some Game Thing

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
          try using a quakeworld client+server instead. if you still have issues, decrease your rate setting.

note: quakeworld is quite similar to quake2, so if quake2 works I don't see why quakeworld wouldn't, so long as your rate cvar doesn't allow the server to go all spammy.
          Thank's for the reply. I will try it tonight once the issue's start to arise. I logged onto quake a bit ago (no one in hotel at the moment) and pinged absolutely fine and remained connected for 42 minutes before i manually disconnected the client. Thank's again.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post

Ya W-L try that and then go change your vote @ http://quakeone.com/polls/10584-addi...tml#post145455

Comment

Working...
            X