Quakeone FREE petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
    I wonder of the guys at id frequent this site often. Back in the day when I was involved in the far cry map editor community, guys from Ubisoft actually had accounts on the forum and took a lot of input from us.
    I only wish they did. From what I gather the people who was responsible for Quake1 aren't even @ Id anymore, mostly new comers who short of knowing the Quake franchise, won't know squat about our cherished game.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
      "Dah dah dah...dah dah dah dah DAH" lmao
      Yeah that's the spirit. Just doo-wop the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9G0-4TWwew
      Last edited by MadGypsy; 07-19-2014, 06:55 AM.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
        so if you gotta critique my petition than FUCK OFF ~
        This is the only part i found issue with, you know people are gonna critique it just for saying that, lol. But as for the petition itself i agree wholeheartedly.

The sourcecode was released before ID was even acquired by beth.
        So what the hell is the point anymore.
        if Bethesda thinks that keeping quake on steam using DOSBOX or whatever else is going to rake in a good chunk of cash every year they are snorting coke off of a dead hooker's ass. (pardon the poor tasted joke)
        but its true. Quake has little to no value to nowadays CoD players and the average steam game collector.

So yeah, making quake free would open tons of possibilities for the company, hell beth could do some stuff theyve been doing with skyrim and have a modding competition which in turn will get more advertising revinue.

I have been concerned about the status quo of the music though.
        Originally posted by Krymzon 45 View Post
        Now if an artist composes music for a video game I think the music should always go with the game regardless. Quake for example. Most of the time the music has to come separately because of potential copyright violations. So if Quake becomes free then the original OST should follow. I mean it's not like the Quake OST is in every major record store selling it's own Quake soundtrack.
        I agree totally with that but i dont know exactly how the music industry will handle it.
        From speaking with Trent personally i know he would prefer if his work stays with the game wherever it goes, free or not.
        but the record company that manages him (or the record company that managed the CD for the games OST) will probably feel different.
        P.S. im a huge NIN fan, i had to get a chance to speak with THE MAN sometime. And i realy do hope we can talk again sometime, albeit over the phone probably.

It could be just 8 tracks of Trent making mouth noises, fuck id buy it.
        http://youtu.be/3kreqyTkZus
        Last edited by M_Luminoth; 08-18-2014, 06:18 AM. Reason: totally unfinished
        We primarily speak english here...
        Is english a second language for you? If you are having trouble getting your point across please confront me on the forum or send me a PM. German is a second language for me and i will be able to provide the most help to those from deutschland.

Comment

I am the light to oh so many moth's in the community, but not by choice.
          Maybe you could be my bug zapper -BzZzZt-

I'm taking this in burst's now, I've just recently heavily fired up BF4 again. Mark burnt me out last night by asking me if he could have Mom changed to W0W and I lost my shit on him last night, basically due to I dunno, trivial shit.

People know him as mark, now they know him as Mom,and now he want's to abandon ship for another persona that doesn't even reflect who he's known as heavily in this community.

Q.Mark[0!0] = Mom = soon to be W0W if Solecord hooks him up,cuz I'm not capable or inclined even if I could. Incognito or Anonymous characters really gets me going o_O So imagine ,better yet,don't.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Off topic

OFF TOPIC

Mindf!3ldzX
            Last edited by Mom; 08-30-2014, 07:14 AM. Reason: OFF TOPIC

Comment

Working...
            X