EzJack meets the TDM community.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EzJack meets the TDM community.

So EzJack came to dm.quaketx.com today to play some Quake.

And when I show up I see a player harassing the fuck out of EzJack , mentioning how he's the biggest shit talker in RuneQuake.

From that point forward I attempted to deduce what was going on, and from what I gather EzJack couldn't find a game of shmack going, the dude wanted to play Quake, and apparently chose the wrong side of the tracks.

back it up a minute, the wrong side of the tracks? Now maybe Baker's 'lost cause' view on things makes more sense now.

In ending? Fuck a Soupa. EzJack has long time been an acquaintance of mine in Quake for a long time. I'm ashamed of the shit I seen today. It is unfortunate that the upper skilled players / non RuneQuake players persist being fucking ****s in 2014.

This shit hits hard for something I enjoy so much, this game deserves better. Any assholes in Quake1 are excused from this game, you're welcome to find a new game to plague.

I asked many times for the guy to leave Ez alone and he just goaded him harder, go figure.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

its really quite tempting to kill all on-server chat, or force everything to follow say_team rules, or something.
    Some Game Thing

Comment

In SOCOM FTB1 there was an ignore option. I think that option plus an enhancement to boot anyone that is being ignored by 75%+ of the players would probably work well.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I don't know how much longer the social atmosphere can handle this type of behaviour. Quake1 multiplayer is all but dead. We have an active community that dwindles down to a smaller and smaller base of regular players.

According to Gamestatus.net , Quake1 has 31 players who achieved Ranked status this week. A grand total of 160 logged Quakers, and that count is far from accurate.

maybe 40 players each using 4 different names each? nah thats too generous, more like 20 players using 8 different names within a weeks time.

GameStatus Player Stats
        ^ Dwindling players + assholes = Lack of players... Anyone got a fork so I can regularly test whether or not Q1 is done? I swear I won't stab anyone with it
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

It's a pity EZjack had to experience that. I've always found him to be a friendly kind of guy on Shmack and I can't imagine him doing anything to provoke an attack such as this. We played RuneQuake together on New York recently and he was a real gentlemen.

There have been some calls for a client side ignore option for quite some time but alas the idea didn't catch on. I can't go in to details but fortunately some servers such as Bigfoot, New York, Flanders and Damage now have some more advanced options available so server admins can at least help to improve the environment for others, and the future may not be as bleak as it may at first seem.

Kind regards
          Monty
          Mr.Burns
          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
            It's a pity EZjack had to experience that. I've always found him to be a friendly kind of guy on Shmack and I can't imagine him doing anything to provoke an attack such as this. We played RuneQuake together on New York recently and he was a real gentlemen.

There have been some calls for a client side ignore option for quite some time but alas the idea didn't catch on. I can't go in to details but fortunately some servers such as Bigfoot, New York, Flanders and Damage now have some more advanced options available so server admins can at least help to improve the environment for others, and the future may not be as bleak as it may at first seem.

Kind regards
            Monty
            PRECISELY MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY MONTY. All bullshiting aside, I've known EzJack via Quake since around '98 or '99 , and when I showed up seeing him being given shit, I was flabbergasted / astonished / in awe / I just wanted to reach through the PC and slap the taste out of this particular Quaker's mouth.

Seriously? Giving EzJack shit? Like I told the guy who was giving EzJack shit, I recognize some twilight zone shit when I see it, and dude claiming EzJack is the biggest shit talker of RuneQuake and continually giving him shit. Definitely some twilight zone shit.

Comment

Its pretty shitty that this day and age you would think these punks have grown up. They come onto servers to talk smack and leave a sour taste on the server. I for one would like to see certain persons banned from all servers but we know of this happens the community will shun you to death. Some people would rather tolerate abuse and have the same old group around then ban them and invite new players to the game and make it turd free. This is 2014 we should have a option to block another players text with the option to block out (mm1 and mm2) so if you block it all you wont see their team binds if you happen to play on the same team. I am still in favor of seeing servers ran by rank of player. Meaning of you have 3 ranks, newbie, novice, & skilled or however you want to put it only ranked players can log onto a certain server and play. Now this would have worked years ago and we dont have the player base for it today but still a nice thought. Sorry EZjack had to deal with this and I was on the server at the time all of this crap went down. Soupa has his rights to do what he feels he wants to do but i am in full disagreement with what he did. EZjack wanted to play and he made it known. He also probably knows that 90% of them time on a TDM server you sit 45 mins dicking around trying to get a 20min game going with 10 people on the server. READY UP and play. Simple. If someone is under an alias what does it mattet who they are? I use a ton of aliases because i want to. I was FOOJI 2 days ago, also played as ACRONYM a week or two ago and all i get is (who are you?) Who cares? Just pick already and lets play. I would like to have that setup back that baker provided on the server over a year ago where you connect 》play 》 red or blue team is automatically picked and we have a map rotation with time limit of 15 and frag limit of 50. No observer mode just connect and play simple.

Comment

waiting 45 minutes to play is ridiculous. I have the patience of a....?? I have no patience. I would never wait 45 minutes to play cause I would have left after about (abs max) 15. That shit used to happen in SOCOM FTB1 (although it was more like 20 minutes). I eventually hacked my PSP just so I could force a game start.

-"It's been 15 minutes, y'all ready?"
                ~"No no no, wait!"
                -"Nope"
                ~"Damn gypsy you're a dick. I didn't choose my weapons."
                -"You had 15 minutes to do that. I choose my weapons the second the previous game ends. This is because I came in here to play. FTB means Fire Team Bravo, not Friendly Talk Bullshit"
                Last edited by MadGypsy; 07-01-2014, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Yes indeed. This is why i dont like playing TDM anymore. I prefer CAx as my mod of choice. Its simple. Connect 》press 1,2,3, or 4 》match begins in seconds.. gib away.

Comment

in fte, if you click a player's name on the console and then click the 'ignore', option that appears, any further messages from that person will be ignored. How's that for easily missed usability features? :s
                    Some Game Thing

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                      in fte, if you click a player's name on the console and then click the 'ignore', option that appears, any further messages from that person will be ignored. How's that for easily missed usability features? :s
                      Need to have this implemented into all engines. Regardless everyone should have a way to ignore other players by choice. Maybe we would have more players coming around. Still would like to see some ' ranked server system ' implementation in the future. Keep skill levels seperated at times and also have open servers that allows all skills to interact.

Comment

^^

Comment

I think there should be a system where if my pings are high, the server does even more math to figure out where I should be in space and time. Of course this could equally fuck things up cause subtle movements could go completely ignored or even send me continuously in a direction that I don't intend to go, but overall it should help to provide a smoother playing experience.

I need to play a game on my Go Hotspot and see what my pings are. My T-Mobile maxed out at a shitty 300kbps. This hotspot is up to 6 times faster and provides a solid 4Glte connection. Tmobile promised me 4G and I can't be sure that I ever got it. I know you people with real internet are laughing at my 1.8mbps speed but I don't live where cables reach. I'd be more than happy to get rid of these mobile speeds and get a wired service if one was available to me.

edit: My ping is 94 at CAX. It used to be 300+
                          Last edited by MadGypsy; 07-01-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Just to echo some of Wicked's words...
                            Nicely done Spike! I think Rook might have implemented a cl_mute feature in Qrack, but it would be good to see that replicated out to Proquake, Darkplaces, DirectQ, etc so us NetQuakers can take back some control over our gaming experience and play in peace without having to rely on Server admins to do it.
                            Last edited by Mr.Burns; 07-02-2014, 04:14 AM.
                            Mr.Burns
                            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

most quakeworld clients have a player-specific mute feature in some way.
                              requiring the user to type in other people's names can be a nightmare if they've used funny chars, however, which is why clickable ignores are handy.
                              quake has no registration, and publically exposed ip addresses are so evil... or in other words, you can get around ignores by just reconnecting - but at least doing that will mess up any scores.
                              Some Game Thing

Comment

Working...
                              X