No announcement yet.

Quake vs. Doom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I play both, I just prefer Quake for it's H.P. Lovecraft esque horror atmosphere.

Comment

Uggg, dont make me choose.
      We primarily speak english here...
      Is english a second language for you? If you are having trouble getting your point across please confront me on the forum or send me a PM. German is a second language for me and i will be able to provide the most help to those from deutschland.

Comment

Originally posted by M_Luminoth View Post
        Like I said: why choose one while you can choose both?

Comment

Doom can be comfortably played with just a keyboard and is thus more bathroom friendly.

Quake has a great soundtrack for scaring the shit out of your dogs.

Use the right tool for the job, as they say

Comment

for me Quake all the way, I tried playing DooM again. But the sprites and the lack of a real up and down are really turn down nowadays.

Sure the Hell levels and the Cyberdaemon are really special.
            Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post

ID isnt the only one who has done this though.... apogee did the same with the duke nukem franchise
              just look at duke1 and duke2, they were set in scifi themed worlds and had stuff like robots and the aliens in it are more animal-like in general

and then with duke3D they completely changed the theme of the game,
              making it a shooter set in modern-day and turning duke into the sexist guy with the sunglasses that he still is today,
              and the enemies became aliens with guns instead of robots and animal-like aliens.

and of course not to mention all the one-lines duke spews out constantly, 99% of which are stolen from movies and such
              At least a couple of the aliens were pretty zoomorphic, like the pig cops and that octo-brain thing.

As for robots, yeah... I guess they just had cyborgs and turrets.

Comment

Originally posted by M_Luminoth View Post
                Do it. Do it now.
                Quake is for nerds.

Comment

Working...
                X