Korn vs. Nine Inch Nails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korn vs. Nine Inch Nails

I'm not really venting, but obviously, there is some profanity in Korn's lyrics. So I think that this is the appropriate place to post this thread...

An interesting discussion: Which band do you like more? KoRn or NIN?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...6201818AA5RKkw

My opinion: NIN's music is more meaningful. I only listen to Korn's music when I'm angry. So I'll pick NIN.
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

I really hate both, I can't get into either of them. But I would choose Nine Inch Nails over Korn.

Comment

Korn Hands down!

Korn is not my favirot choice of a band but then again neither is NIN but both have a few songs that I really do like. I vote for korn just for the fact they seemingly have a lot more talent behind their work I feel. NIN has always been just really chaotic and all over the place with random electronics blazing through their music which makes it kinda hard for me to really be able to sit back and listen to. Head Like A Hole and The Hand That Feeds are about the best 2 songs I can think of that I like anyways... O wait Closer was a damn good jam by them as well. Korn has had many that I have rocked out too when I was younger. But hell this is coming from a guy that likes Mudvayne and Godsmack so really in the end it's just all in what you like. All bands are great in their own right with their own style in the end.
      Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

Originally posted by Krymzon 45 View Post
        Korn is not my favirot choice of a band but then again neither is NIN but both have a few songs that I really do like. I vote for korn just for the fact they seemingly have a lot more talent behind their work I feel. NIN has always been just really chaotic and all over the place with random electronics blazing through their music which makes it kinda hard for me to really be able to sit back and listen to. Head Like A Hole and The Hand That Feeds are about the best 2 songs I can think of that I like anyways... O wait Closer was a damn good jam by them as well. Korn has had many that I have rocked out too when I was younger. But hell this is coming from a guy that likes Mudvayne and Godsmack so really in the end it's just all in what you like. All bands are great in their own right with their own style in the end.
        Do you like Limp Bizkit? You mentioned Mudvayne and Godsmack. Those bands are related to Korn, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Tool, and System of a Down. If you ask me for my personal opinion, I liked Limp Bizkit's first two albums. But after that, they went downhill...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUYjpKg9KY]Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff - YouTube[/ame]
        "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Limp Bizkit

Fred Durst is the man lol. I loved the first 2 albums and still find myself jamming to his tracks when I need a pick me up song.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Warlock View Post
            I really hate both, I can't get into either of them. But I would choose Nine Inch Nails over Korn.
            Pretty much this for me, though I wouldn't say I hate nin, just kind of outgrew them/him.

A lot of the other bands you guys are mentioning are pretty unlistenable to me. I used to listen to some of these bands in middle/high school but I find it incredibly cringe worthy now.

I'm more of a punk fan anyway, which I'm sure a lot of you would find cringe worthy. Misfits, Bad Religion and the like.

Comment

If It sounds heavy and good I like it.

What about Staind, Sevendust, Saliva and bands like that.

Comment

Loved Korn back in the day. Issues was the shit. I enjoyed some of the stuff from their latter albums, but the direction they've taken lately doesn't please me. Loved Pretty Hate Machine, Downward Spiral, and With_Teeth. The new album sounds promising, also, but I need to hear more of it. Don't care for Mudvayne. I like some of Godsmack's music, but I have a personal grudge against them since, from the start, they've been pretty much a rip-off of Alice in Chains. Don't like Bizkit...not even a little bit. Love Staind. Can't say I've heard much Sevendust to make a judgement on them, and from what I can remember about Saliva, I dig em. Slipknot has a gem or two, but for the most part, I'd say I like Stone Sour better. I don't much appreciate some of the lyrics associated with Maynard's songs, but the music that comes along with them makes Tool and APC worth the time. Same thing with SoaD. They have a couple of songs that I really enjoy, but for the most part, it's all the same fasttalkingfastplayingantigovernmentrageagainstthe machine bullshit.

...what were we talking about again?

Comment

if you dont like tool lyrics you way need your third eye squeegeed opened. you have insulted my god good sir! lol

NIN over korn any day! when it comes to a live show NIN all day every day!

some one should mod the nail gun to shoot korn cobs or something lol

Comment

Why would you compare two totally different artists like this?
                    The differences are so... huge.
                    I love Korn and NIN dont get me wrong im a metal head dyed in the wool.

Tools lyrics are more of a spiritual nature instead of speaking about the of the harshness of reality and other humans intentions.
                    Tool is my fathers favorite band and has been since he was young. So i cant help but like some of their work.

But i dont classify NIN as metal. Not in general, its hard to give such a diverse artist one genre to classify as.

But i have to agree with JDSTONER, i love NIN to the core.
                    If you say youve outgrown Trentls music, either you must be realy green and not know a lot about him or you must have VERY SPECIFIC tastes.
                    You might just want to abandon modern music and listen to Beethoven all day.

I see NIN as having a whole lot of substance and not just style. (most songs anyway from him) are so far away from being juvenile or immature its almost the exact opposite.
                    Trents music makes me feel like re-evaluating my own personality and soul searching.

I may be overreacting in your eyes but when someone says "I outgrew NIN"
                    you might as well just say to me "I outgrew Pink Floyd"

But the point of the argument for me is that (Dispite Korn's later blunders with skrillex) they have some real meaningful and emotionally involving songs for me
                    and that gets me invested, so i wind up listening to them every now and then. I wouldnt call Korn just for being headbanger music.
                    But i connect more personally with just about every song from Trent. So my pick of favorite obviously goes to him.
                    Last edited by M_Luminoth; 08-18-2014, 06:40 AM.
                    We primarily speak english here...
                    Is english a second language for you? If you are having trouble getting your point across please confront me on the forum or send me a PM. German is a second language for me and i will be able to provide the most help to those from deutschland.

Comment

Fuck Fred Durst, NIN is good, Tool is good, and KoRn is good. Tool is better than NIN and KoRn put together. But then again, Maynard is just amazing.

Comment

the only way tool sucks is how shitty MJK is to his fans... but people suck so i would be the same way

Comment

I've teen TOOL twice , live in concert. Wait, no I didn't... I seen the band LIVE in concert twice,all I fucking seen of Maynard was some lame silhouette.

Korn? seen them three times. First time Rob Zombie/Korn was touring together, "Rock is Dead Tour" , and Korn blowed **** compared to Rob's onstage antics, gigantic ass fucking robot, strippers in jail cells hanging high up on stage, pyrotecyhnics so fn big you could feel the heat off each burst of flame.

Tool/Korn both sucked shit live comparing them to others I've seen in concert live.

I also seen Limp Bizkit/DMX/Godsmack live,good shit,even if someone I regularly rub shoulders with think's they are shit.

Factoid : All concerts (-1) I've been to was either in Raleigh,Greensboro or Charlotte North Carolina.

-1 you ask? CPRFest XVI

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StFfNj4IKrc]Foxy Shazam - I Like It Gulfport CPR Fest 16 - YouTube[/ame]

Foxy Shazam rocked it hard!
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Mudvayne > NIN > KoRn

Comment

Mindf!3ldzX if tool sucked live you were on the wrong drugs! A tool show is like being in a alexgrey.com painting. Tool show = church! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X