X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A weeks worth of active Quakers.

31 First Ranked q1 players

GameStatus Player Stats

Every sunday the player scores reset, so you'll can only get an idea of the current health of the multiplayer community when Sunday rolls around, Monday morning.

some quake servers aren't tracked, but its not like gamstatus is magically missing 20+ players due to this.

at most, 10 players and thats being generous.

Status Quo via GameStatus = scary dwindling.

Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 08-17-2014, 09:37 PM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Hi Mindzy
    Am I right in thinking that screen has been filtered to only show Shmack? I only ask as I know for a fact that there were 3 other servers on which I played various people for some time yesterday (Sunday 17th) which aren't listed. Maybe I'm so bad and my score is so low they thought it kinder not to mention me

This does NOT detract from your point though which is absolutely valid and still stands, in that the multiplayer scene badly needs an injection of new blood.

Kind regards
    Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Very nice and know most of them... or I wish.. no I should!!

Can you try counting QW?

P.S.
      Ill be there too next week... Mindz I'll have a 'official' duel when I'm back one we will include in the ranking system in QIN... now now you can go cry !

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
      31 First Ranked q1 players

GameStatus Player Stats

Every sunday the player scores reset, so you'll can only get an idea of the current health of the multiplayer community when Sunday rolls around, Monday morning.

some quake servers aren't tracked, but its not like gamstatus is magically missing 20+ players due to this.

at most, 10 players and thats being generous.

Status Quo via GameStatus = scary dwindling.

Comment

You should know your active quakers in the local area!

But in all seriousness if you want to play with me we need a server in america.
        I like playing TDM. Gotta protect the red armor room.
        Anyone feel free to add me on skype, you can look up M luminoth and find me.

Btw Mind, real encouraging to see the active experience on ranked servers. Im not particularly a stats nut but it makes me feel better to see just how active quake 1 still is. I still prefer the multiplayer over Q3, so much more atmosphere.
        Some people crank the brightness to higher than even is comfortable for them to see. But competitive or not i keep my brightness a little on the dark side, i love that shit.

A question for you deathmatchers, what sourceport do you guys prefer to use for multiplayer? I just stick with darkplaces.
        We primarily speak english here...
        Is english a second language for you? If you are having trouble getting your point across please confront me on the forum or send me a PM. German is a second language for me and i will be able to provide the most help to those from deutschland.

Comment

Originally posted by M_Luminoth View Post
          A question for you deathmatchers, what sourceport do you guys prefer to use for multiplayer? I just stick with darkplaces.
          For multiplayer I mostly use Proquake primarily because of its compatibility and willingness to run on my very meager machine. One slight weirdness is that opponents will on occasions momentarily disappear as they move around in battle.

Qrack is also good as is DirectQ (for some people) and EngineX showed a lot of promise IMHO.

Kind regards

Monty
          Mr.Burns
          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
            For multiplayer I mostly use Proquake primarily because of its compatibility and willingness to run on my very meager machine.
            Ah yes i remember the days i would use proquake because i had a 2005 laptop for 3 years and it ran like shit.
            Proquake's DirectX runs like butter even on a realy crappy machine. Its slim, fast and stable IMO.

But i must have my dynamic lights.
            RT!!!
            We primarily speak english here...
            Is english a second language for you? If you are having trouble getting your point across please confront me on the forum or send me a PM. German is a second language for me and i will be able to provide the most help to those from deutschland.

Comment

That is ALL RANKED SERVERS! There are only a handful that are not ranked,most notably

NewYork.ServeQuake's server's
              Cax.Quakeitup's server's

as far as I know, those server's and their various ports are the only ones missing from the official ranking's.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
              X