Idling for long periods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idling for long periods.

So I see people idle for long periods such as kimp and lurkered. I decided to try it to see what was so special about it. 9hours 3mins and not a single person connected.

Is it time for permanent retirement? I've been playing other game's just to keep myself active when I am home, I just think sitting on a server for hours on end is a complete waste of time but I had to try it before i down it.

We should promote certain days and times so people show up and play.
    observers streaming on twitch wouldnt hurt either.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
      We should promote certain days and times so people show up and play..
      That's what we did in the end for FvF. Take a poll of the best times for people to play.

You could also run one of those server monitors, though I guess the point of idling is to draw people in:
      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...html#post27927
      Last edited by gulliver-trans; 11-12-2014, 10:35 AM.

Comment

We should promote certain days and times so people show up and play.
        observers streaming on twitch wouldnt hurt either.
        I am typically free every other weekend. Meaning this weekend I work but the following I will be home Friday, Sat, Sun and once in awhile I will get home early on Thursday.

I have been on Vacation since Wednesday last week and have logged on every day. Only person I have encountered was muller and of course it's boring playing PMODE 24/7. I am thinking it should be disabled across the board.

Comment

Well if it is of any consolation, I was on CAX for a short time tonight and you weren't there, so vengeance is yours Mind you, if you had of turned up I would have been toast and just spent the next 30 mins or so being fragged every 0.000435 nanoseconds (approx) just like last time

Kind regards
          Monty
          Mr.Burns
          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
            Well if it is of any consolation, I was on CAX for a short time tonight and you weren't there, so vengeance is yours Mind you, if you had of turned up I would have been toast and just spent the next 30 mins or so being fragged every 0.000435 nanoseconds (approx) just like last time

Kind regards
            Monty
            LOL. I idled at rage for 3 hours on Saturday. I got better thing's to do then idle all day waiting for someone to connect. We need a better system to alert others that someone is playing.

I could easily message mindz 90% of the time but I find it boring playing the same old person all the time as well, NO pun intended mindz.

Comment

There's a rumor going around that if you idle for a long time you get better ping to the server.
              Life is Grand!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmOrAttAk View Post
                There's a rumor going around that if you idle for a long time you get better ping to the server.
                ROFL. Good one.

Hey Armor have you tried port 26001 on Cax.Quakeitup.Com?

Comment

Maybe if we held the people we love and even complete strangers at gun point and force them to play the playerbase will grow?

PLAY FASTA!!! FAAASSSTAA!!!! FFFFFFFAAAAAAASSSSTTTTAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                  Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                    ROFL. Good one.

Hey Armor have you tried port 26001 on Cax.Quakeitup.Com?
                    oh i didnt notice ctf was on there....
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

oh i didnt notice ctf was on there....
                      Yes sir its there. Been on the same map since i set it up lol

Comment

Had not tried it. It's very nice and smooth. When do you play there?
                        Life is Grand!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmOrAttAk View Post
                          Had not tried it. It's very nice and smooth. When do you play there?
                          Been waiting to get a game going. I have not played there since i put it up as no one really knew about it even though it is in the server list on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                            LOL. I idled at rage for 3 hours on Saturday. I got better thing's to do then idle all day waiting for someone to connect. We need a better system to alert others that someone is playing.

I could easily message mindz 90% of the time but I find it boring playing the same old person all the time as well, NO pun intended mindz.
                            none taken! I have the same sentiments about Pmode+Muller = yawn.....

Originally posted by r00k
                            mindz im still plannin on cax1.98 with bots
                            Idling on a server should soon become a thing of the past, especially if the work r00k does on CAx+Bots can be combined with his alternative to ClanRing mod as well.

It sounds legit to me, at least it will alleviate the 1 player connected boredom while waiting on another player.
                            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                              Idling on a server should soon become a thing of the past, especially if the work r00k does on CAx+Bots can be combined with his alternative to ClanRing mod as well.

It sounds legit to me, at least it will alleviate the 1 player connected boredom while waiting on another player.
                              Yes he has been speaking of adding bots to CAx. I am patiently waiting for it's arrival. r00k has all access to quakeitup to test,update, whatever is needed.

;]

Comment

Working...
                              X