Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer beware of Newegg + PreOrdering Games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer beware of Newegg + PreOrdering Games.

Originally posted by oldnews
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUCUeu-ipdk

^ This is only one of MANY Mortal Kombat X trailers that advertised Goro as a FREE Pre-Order DLC..

I'm a man of principal's ,and the principal fact here is that Newegg shoved their digital **** in my ass, with no lube,and fucking neglected to even reach around and play with my balls.

I've already lambasted those fuckers @ Twitter,and I've informed Ed B. via Twitter / Facebook that Newegg fucked their pre-order customer's.

It isn't SHIT for me to take my business to tiger-direct, and I told them that shit. Fix it for fuck you 4 life.

They gave me a $5 gift card, and that's supposed to rectify the situation? please, I'd cram that $5GC where the proverbial sun don't shine, since it never actually shines on their company site anyway.
    Update : this clusterfuck as ended with Newegg giving me the Kombat Pack for free, and is refunding me $5.00 directly so I can spend it @ Steam Store and get Goro.

Mike L. Ortiz is the man, handled shit like a boss.
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-01-2015, 12:55 PM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

That game looks incredible but, I wish someone would make a kung-fu game that is true to the old-school version of the genre. I know Mortal Kombat isn't a "kung fu" game (per se) but, it's really really close.

Some may say "How is this not a kung fu game?". Well, there isn't really any kung fu. It's more karate, salat and other forms of martial arts. A kung fu game would just be kung fu, and it's many many styles.

I actually have some game for sega genesis that is pretty close but the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. I don't remember the name of the game. My genesis is a clone with like 100 games hard-coded into the system. It has a cartridge port too though. So, it's like a sega genesis+ or summin.

@original point of thread

I hate games that come incomplete. Goro is an original MK character, you shouldn't have to pay anything extra to get him. Your rant is that newegg or whatever lied. My rant would be "Why the fuck do I have to keep buying the game over and over?". I know that game isn't cheap and the system you have to run it on wasn't cheap either. These game companies need to put their greed in check. Maybe if your fucking game wasn't 2 or 300 dollars after you buy all the shit, I wouldn't feel the need to just steal the whole damn thing.

note: I don't even play games so, I'm speaking emotionally, not literally.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

MKX was a letdown. Aside from all of the censorship the game suffered, the game is essentially DLC world. Oh how the mighty have fallen. I'm pretty sad too because I was really looking forward to it. Also, Newegg is terrible with customer service. I'm sorry you had to deal with them my friend.
      Quake is for nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
        That game looks incredible but, I wish someone would make a kung-fu game that is true to the old-school version of the genre. I know Mortal Kombat isn't a "kung fu" game (per se) but, it's really really close.

Some may say "How is this not a kung fu game?". Well, there isn't really any kung fu. It's more karate, salat and other forms of martial arts. A kung fu game would just be kung fu, and it's many many styles.

I actually have some game for sega genesis that is pretty close but the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. I don't remember the name of the game. My genesis is a clone with like 100 games hard-coded into the system. It has a cartridge port too though. So, it's like a sega genesis+ or summin.

@original point of thread

I hate games that come incomplete. Goro is an original MK character, you shouldn't have to pay anything extra to get him. Your rant is that newegg or whatever lied. My rant would be "Why the fuck do I have to keep buying the game over and over?". I know that game isn't cheap and the system you have to run it on wasn't cheap either. These game companies need to put their greed in check. Maybe if your fucking game wasn't 2 or 300 dollars after you buy all the shit, I wouldn't feel the need to just steal the whole damn thing.

note: I don't even play games so, I'm speaking emotionally, not literally.
        Goro being a paid DLC doesn't really bother me,as I am accustom to this type of thing. I placed the order for MKX and 2 new controllers from Newegg back in Feb.

That shit came out 4/14/2015 , I met the criteria. Newegg sat on their fn hands until 4/14/2015 and fucked me out of Goro for free.

When I stopped buying computer parts n my gizmo's locally,and took my business to Newegg many many moons ago, it wasn't because I heard they was better. I just made a choice, Tiger Direct was already an established company but w/e, I went out on a limb with them.

That limb snapped under what I presumed was soundly attached to the trunk of a trusted business relationship. One time they sent me a 500 cd booklet case type thing instead of a 100stack of DVD's I ordered. The first time they did some stupid shit, not only did they ship my DVD's to me free but they was like keep the case for the inconvenience....

2nd time they did some stupid shit is the last time they do some stupid shit.
        Screw me once,shame on you.Screw me twice,shame on me.........

Hindsight is 20/20 , I'm sure you can agree!

NetherRealm Studios was advertising the game blatantly with a specific arrangement. Newegg fucked that all up for me, and they need to be held accountable for rectifying the situation.

Whether Goro should or shouldn't be DLC doesn't bother me bro, it's Newegg completely fumbling the ball. I don't have Goro, because of Newegg. Sure, if Goro was included, I WOULD have him, but NetherRealm makes him DLC and says give us money EARLY for Free Goro,period!

I preordered and got no Goro,and I can't preform a fatality on Newegg so I'm just fucked unless they own this shit and fix it.

Just because I needed two new pristine controllers for MKX , I decided to one stop shop. Note to self, pay closer attention to Just because situations.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Ebisu View Post
          MKX was a letdown. Aside from all of the censorship the game suffered, the game is essentially DLC world. Oh how the mighty have fallen. I'm pretty sad too because I was really looking forward to it. Also, Newegg is terrible with customer service. I'm sorry you had to deal with them my friend.
          Don't misunderstand me, MKX is a fn blast and it gives me that exact same raging boner as when I seen MK arcade show up at our local retail stores in my itty bitty hick ass town of Marion,Virginia. I had to have MK1 and MK2, MK3 onward was "whateverish" attitude.

I don't know what censorship you speak of, I am going to presume you also are a console gamer. I am not, I abandoned consoles back mid-cycle PS2. This is the first MK to be released on PC since MK4,and according to IGN that was back in 1998.

MKX + PC = Something worth noting.

and the game is teeming with insane violence, I mean, DUDE.

I SHOULD BE DOING THIS TOO , and IM FN PISSED I'M NOT DOING THIS,and that shits on Neweggs feet

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lh0AOaLnEY[/ame]

mother fucker just got drawn and quatered

Imagine what those parents back in 1993 would have thought if they saw Mortal Kombat X instead of this shit.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2JNxeWO_wA[/ame]

Comment

I ordered from Amazon and got the Goro DLC code.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
              I don't know what censorship you speak of, I am going to presume you also are a console gamer. I am not, I abandoned consoles back mid-cycle PS2. This is the first MK to be released on PC since MK4]
              Mortal Kombat 9 was on everything, including the PC, and so was Injustice if you care about that. Hell, MK9 was on the fucking Vita. How do you assume I'm a console gamer when I'm talking about censorship? A bunch of femenists were bitching about it being too lewd, so they significantly toned it down to meet demands of people who aren't even in their market. It kind of blew my fucking mind because of the fact that it's Mortal Kombat, which is super edgy on purpose. That being said the fatalities are awesome. It's still DLC world, and this is an irrefutable fact. Then again, I'm a partial hypocrite because I play ArceSys fighters.

Also, when you say that DLC like this doesn't bother you, that is kind of scary. The only reason you accept it is because you put up with it for so long. Same with most people. Having preorder bonuses, and launch DLC is highway robbery, a malpractice that will probably not go away any time soon. You must remember that this content was already finished when the game released, and that you are paying extra money after your initial $60 in many cases for things that don't come with your preorder for things that should have come with the game. In Capcom's case, the DLC is on the disk it ships with much of the time.
              Quake is for nerds.

Comment

Mortal Kombat 9 was on everything, including the PC, and so was Injustice if you care about that. Hell, MK9 was on the fucking Vita. How do you assume I'm a console gamer when I'm talking about censorship? A bunch of femenists were bitching about it being too lewd, so they significantly toned it down to meet demands of people who aren't even in their market. It kind of blew my fucking mind because of the fact that it's Mortal Kombat, which is super edgy on purpose. That being said the fatalities are awesome. It's still DLC world, and this is an irrefutable fact. Then again, I'm a partial hypocrite because I play ArceSys fighters.

Also, when you say that DLC like this doesn't bother you, that is kind of scary. The only reason you accept it is because you put up with it for so long. Same with most people. Having preorder bonuses, and launch DLC is highway robbery, a malpractice that will probably not go away any time soon. You must remember that this content was already finished when the game released, and that you are paying extra money after your initial $60 in many cases for things that don't come with your preorder for things that should have come with the game. In Capcom's case, the DLC is on the disk it ships with much of the time.
                no lies there.... in 3 games alone I've spent over $400 bucks, then again I am STILL getting value for my pre-ordered BF4, back in 2013. I'm still on the receiving end of content due to my Premium investment.

The only time I feel I got screwed by this model is when I dropped 49.99 on a season pass for Titanfall, only to find out EVERY fn bit of that season pass ended up being handed out for free later on. (DOH?)

MK9 showed up 4 years too late for me, I'm not to keen on getting console left over's. It might has well never existed,that could be partly to blame to in 2013 I was heavily entrenched in Q1 gaming.... that fault squarely lands on me. I guess its up to me to pull my head out of DM3's ass once in awhile huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                  I ordered from Amazon and got the Goro DLC code.
                  So that confirm's Amazon as a company that can be trusted to keep their word.

Originally posted by Mindz's Twitter
                  @mindfieldzx I’m sorry to hear this. I would be happy to further into this issue for you. Please email us at wecare . twitter @ newegg.com -M

That's a step in the right direction. Maybe this relationship with Newegg will survive, either way, I'll continue to acquire the products I desire, but whether or not Newegg is the company getting my money isn't chiseled in stone.

Comment

Nah, DM3 is a fine place to be. It's pretty cozy there.

EDIT so I don't have to make another post:

You speak of "console leftovers," but honestly I like to get fighting games on consoles for the sake of portability since I play fighting games like a champ with my buddies. One of these days I will build a portable PC so I can take that instead, because I never have, and never will pay for online. A lot of good fighters were console only last gen, but most of them are coming to PC now, so that's pretty nice. I'm not a "console gamer" but I do believe that having a console to accompany your PC is really nice (except this gen because the PS4 has nogaems and will probably stay that way forever.) I didn't even get a PS3 until late 2013. I was PC + Wii all the way though.
                    Last edited by Ebisu; 04-25-2015, 01:03 PM.
                    Quake is for nerds.

Comment

MK9 is still more than enough fun to play!

Comment

Nah, DM3 is a fine place to be. It's pretty cozy there.

EDIT so I don't have to make another post:

You speak of "console leftovers," but honestly I like to get fighting games on consoles for the sake of portability since I play fighting games like a champ with my buddies. One of these days I will build a portable PC so I can take that instead, because I never have, and never will pay for online. A lot of good fighters were console only last gen, but most of them are coming to PC now, so that's pretty nice. I'm not a "console gamer" but I do believe that having a console to accompany your PC is really nice (except this gen because the PS4 has nogaems and will probably stay that way forever.) I didn't even get a PS3 until late 2013. I was PC + Wii all the way though.
                        That is the one thing I DO miss about consoles, Nintendo.

Update to the Goro issue : Newegg & NetherRealm are both now in the mix, NetherRealm didn't mince words ; Simply asked for proof of purchase / receipt , done and done!

Monday morning, it's a race to rectify. Newegg would be advised to put on a pair of Nike's haha.

Comment

Working...
                        X