FACE PALM over 9000...PCGamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FACE PALM over 9000...PCGamer

Wonder how much PCGamer was paid to leave gigantic obvious hickeys on Intel's ass cheeks.

The best PC gaming processors - PC Gamer

LOL????

The funniest shit I read on that article had to have been to where they recommended a fucking Dual Core processor in 2015 as a good investment.......................

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

%@%^*%@(*#%*$%&$%&&^($)(&*@&^&($^(%@^

^ that article really brings out the best in me.

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

PC Gamer is terrible, news at 6!
      Quake is for nerds.

Comment

My dual-core runs Quake just fine, thank you very much, Mindzx.

Comment

i think the author meant to suggest 64bit and a multi-core, multi-threaded processor as a baseline to any future gaming needs.

I was thinking of getting one of these for cheap
          http://ark.intel.com/products/80910/...Cache-3_40-GHz
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
            i think the author meant to suggest 64bit and a multi-core, multi-threaded processor as a baseline to any future gaming needs.

I was thinking of getting one of these for cheap
            ARK | Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1231 v3 (8M Cache, 3.40 GHz)
            He was literally recommending dual core, without hyperthreading, specifically the G3258 , with a hefty ass overlock.

Anyone wanting to invest into a gaming rig, should not consider a dual core cpu, that's a humble opinion of mine, but I reach that opinion based on PS4 and Xbox One spec's, which are Ocotocore APU's. PC exclusive games are almost nil now days (Star Citizen is the only game that comes to mind)

I can not speak for game developers, but I can speak for common sense.

Dual core,2015, modern games (should) utilize all available assets, so if you hearken back to the typical argument that PC's get dumbed down ports of console games not pushing PC's to their full potential, I can only imagine the position someone could find themselves sporting a dual core cpu in a day in age where consoles have 8 cores, it just blows my mind why anyone would recommend a dual core cpu, that only reaches its potential with a hefty overclock.

Dualcore with hyperthreading sounds more legit than just a straight up dualcore.

It is duly noted that I'm just a lowly AMD gamer who only reads about Intel products.

Comment

In my main rig I have my 1st intel since my last Pentium 120. Its a Intel 3570K at a modest 4.2Ghz OC on air cooling along with a EVGA GeForce GTX 760SC ACX 2GB , 32GB 2400Mhz of ram and have no complaints. My son who will be 5 tomorrow has been hinting he wanted a more powerful computer like daddy. He was running my old 7750x2 at stock 2.7Ghz with a PNY 550 TI. I grabbed a FX8320 with a low end GIGABYTE board bundle off of Tiger for $204 US along with a few gifted parts from a friend of a Asus R7 260X OC and 16Gb of 1866Mhz ram. I reused the old case and mother board to rebuild his current PC. After using his PC the bit i did to set everything up it seemed like a beasty of a CPU. I haven't tried to play anything like Skyrim and my usual 100+ mods, but definitely looks like a winner. I know it handled pretty much any GC or Wii game emulated through the latest Dolphin will zero issue. I'm curious to test more demanding games.

Comment

Originally posted by xaGe View Post
                In my main rig I have my 1st intel since my last Pentium 120. Its a Intel 3570K at a modest 4.2Ghz OC on air cooling along with a EVGA GeForce GTX 760SC ACX 2GB , 32GB 2400Mhz of ram and have no complaints. My son who will be 5 tomorrow has been hinting he wanted a more powerful computer like daddy. He was running my old 7750x2 at stock 2.7Ghz with a PNY 550 TI. I grabbed a FX8320 with a low end GIGABYTE board bundle off of Tiger for $204 US along with a few gifted parts from a friend of a Asus R7 260X OC and 16Gb of 1866Mhz ram. I reused the old case and mother board to rebuild his current PC. After using his PC the bit i did to set everything up it seemed like a beasty of a CPU. I haven't tried to play anything like Skyrim and my usual 100+ mods, but definitely looks like a winner. I know it handled pretty much any GC or Wii game emulated through the latest Dolphin will zero issue. I'm curious to test more demanding games.

Hell yeah, that's awesome dude! (bout your son wanting to emulate his dad,beefy gaming rig and all!)

Speaking of Wii/Dolphin, one of the developers passed away just the other day I can't remember her name, I read the article on Kotaku!

Any chance there will be some Darkplaces LAN going on??? I tried to get MindzJr to play Quake, bleh He only plays modern FPS games go figure haha!

Comment

Rachel was her name and from what I hear it was suicide. sad...

So yeah we had that talk about you and your boy before so I understand ya.

My son on the other hand loves Doom, Quake, Q2, Q3, Tribes 2, N64, GBA, Wii, etc etc... We have played Tribes 2 via our LAN with bots. He really loves making tanks to park some where and bomb the shyt out of the "bad guys" which are the red team to him in any game. He was playing Xonotic quite a bit too for a while. His favorite Quake mod seems to be Qreate.

He is very interested when I messing with maps in TrenchBroom to the point where he is instructing me what to make him. I'll do a quick compile to run it in Darkplaces and he thinks I know magic! He is close, but I don't think his faculties are to the point where he can create maps yet. I show him the basics, but he's not comfortable with it yet young as he is. Once his reading improves a bit it will help.

The recent upgrade to his PC came about cause he asked and a friend from work gifted me a very used Asus Formula IV with an Intel I7. Well the I7 died on me during setup which wasn't a surprise since work friend told me he had overclocked the crap out of it. My mom was over and saw my son get "long in the face" when I told him we had to put the old one back in. So "grandma" volunteered the greenbacks for a new whatever he needed for his PC. Intel CPUs for Intel socket 2011 are around $300+ so I went another route for $100+ cheaper. Well my wife had a FIT when found out! She was mad at me for letting my mom spend the $204+tax+shipping and suggested I buy him an old used dual core PC from staples! for only $60 less than what I spent on the FX monster NEW. She didn't speak to me for almost 3 days!! I kid you not..lol! That's what I call "Taking one for the team!". I would do it again for that kid.

As it turns out the old power supply ain't cutting the mustard so I picked up a new one off of the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-80PLUS-Bronze-Certified-100-B1-0600-KR/dp/B00EON40CS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430375523&sr=8-1&keywords=evga+600b]Amazon.com: EVGA 600B 80PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V/EPS12V Active PFC 600W Power Supply 100-B1-0600-KR: Computers & Accessories"]innerwebs[/ame].

Comment

Originally posted by xaGe View Post
                    Rachel was her name and from what I hear it was suicide. sad...

So yeah we had that talk about you and your boy before so I understand ya.

My son on the other hand loves Doom, Quake, Q2, Q3, Tribes 2, N64, GBA, Wii, etc etc... We have played Tribes 2 via our LAN with bots. He really loves making tanks to park some where and bomb the shyt out of the "bad guys" which are the red team to him in any game. He was playing Xonotic quite a bit too for a while. His favorite Quake mod seems to be Qreate.

He is very interested when I messing with maps in TrenchBroom to the point where he is instructing me what to make him. I'll do a quick compile to run it in Darkplaces and he thinks I know magic! He is close, but I don't think his faculties are to the point where he can create maps yet. I show him the basics, but he's not comfortable with it yet young as he is. Once his reading improves a bit it will help.

The recent upgrade to his PC came about cause he asked and a friend from work gifted me a very used Asus Formula IV with an Intel I7. Well the I7 died on me during setup which wasn't a surprise since work friend told me he had overclocked the crap out of it. My mom was over and saw my son get "long in the face" when I told him we had to put the old one back in. So "grandma" volunteered the greenbacks for a new whatever he needed for his PC. Intel CPUs for Intel socket 2011 are around $300+ so I went another route for $100+ cheaper. Well my wife had a FIT when found out! She was mad at me for letting my mom spend the $204+tax+shipping and suggested I buy him an old used dual core PC from staples! for only $60 less than what I spent on the FX monster NEW. She didn't speak to me for almost 3 days!! I kid you not..lol! That's what I call "Taking one for the team!". I would do it again for that kid.

As it turns out the old power supply ain't cutting the mustard so I picked up a new one off of the innerwebs.
                    Check your inbox

Comment

Working...
                    X