cease and desist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cease and desist

i recently saw seven leave this forum to to the conflict over mad gypsy. seeing him leave shocked me, and it made me realize that it's not worth all this fighting over one person. sole will make the final call, we don't have to keep it going

i know that i sided on the side of giving him a second chance.i chose that stance because he is my friend, and i stick to my guns when a friend is in need. but in seeing seven leave,i realized we need to look past our feelings about the situation, and end the conflict. it's doing too much damage and isn't worth the words that have been spoken.

i get that mg is upset he's banned, but it's something to take up with solecord. it's not something to take to the forum. i regret whatever part i had in stoking the fire. it cost us gb, and now seven. with him gone, the smc, arguably the latest project in development here, is now history. of that's not a wake up call,i don't know what is.

please, friends, it's time to move on. thank you.
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Originally posted by Syluxguy28O3 View Post
    i recently saw seven leave this forum to to the conflict over mad gypsy. seeing him leave shocked me, and it made me realize that it's not worth all this fighting over one person. sole will make the final call, we don't have to keep it going
    you hit the nail on the head when you said 'we don't have to keep it going' , and you are right. but unforuntately, the quakeone.com of old is no longer. We can't rely on common sense or common courtesy to guide us into what is or isn't acceptable on the forums. look at where expecting everyone (I use the word everyone with a feeling of disgust,because everyone isn't the problem) to bring their home manners has gotten us.

GB,gone
    Seven,gone
    LordHavoc gone,according to seven, who created SMC and in all likelihood who was in contact with the engine author that makes SMC even possible, LH, is gone too because of this same person. My earliest memory of the friend you stand bravely with is going tit for tat with Baker. Literally, the moment I noticed him is when I seen a guy I have known pretty well since 2003 ~ roughly going into a battle of wits with that exact same person. Who knows how many other ______,gone can be attributed to this same person. The count is unknown, but is climbing.

i know that i sided on the side of giving him a second chance.i chose that stance because he is my friend, and i stick to my guns when a friend is in need. but in seeing seven leave,i realized we need to look past our feelings about the situation, and end the conflict. it's doing too much damage and isn't worth the words that have been spoken.
    The conflict all has one common theme, and I know that the common theme (person) knows how to be civil,communicate their knowledge in a beneficial way, but in the same instance I know that it is too much to ask of that person to only bring Dr. Jekyll or Mr Hyde on the forums. Mr. Hyde (or Dr Jekyll) is randomly here kicking and punching walls and collateral damage has apparently been happening largely unnoticed. Who here knew that LH no longer visits our forums due to Mr Hyde running amok? I sure as shit didn't.

i get that mg is upset he's banned, but it's something to take up with solecord. it's not something to take to the forum. i regret whatever part i had in stoking the fire. it cost us gb, and now seven. with him gone, the smc, arguably the latest project in development here, is now history. of that's not a wake up call,i don't know what is.

please, friends, it's time to move on. thank you.
    move on to what? more Mr Hyde or Dr Jekyll?One of them isn't welcome here anymore. It is going to be a tough decision and while I can't in good faith state that even Dr. Jekyll isn't or is welcome here , it will utimately be up to Solecord.

Any bullshit about "Well I am what I am and if you don't like my Mr Hyde/Dr Jekyll then get over it" type stances on the situation are non negotiable.

More damage has been done than good has been done, the situation is blossoming and now that the situation is in full bloom and everyone is becoming a bit more wiser in the process.

Moving on will require rules be placed on a community that largely was able to operate without the need of rules,and it isn't because of random factors. there is only one factor at play here causing the need for rules.

It's a cluster fuck and I for one do not like any of it. The forums has been kimped,and this time, it wasn't even kimp.

Imagine that.

edit : the dr jekyll and mr hyde is merely to reference a good and bad side, two entirely different characters all existing in the same person. we can not move on and not enforce change. change has been forced upon us. when you say move on, know that we are moving on, we are just moving on with a better capacity to handle this next timem even though in my opinion there shouldn't even BE a next time, we've already had too many next times
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 06-26-2015, 12:51 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

This issue between these two has fucked this place up! IMO both of them are Jack asses. both of them have been personally helpful to me in understanding quake and both of them have been demeaning to me in my lack of understanding Quake. im not going to "take a side" they both need to move past it along with everyone else who self banned them self from quakeone.com in there contest to see who had the bigger dick we all got pissed on. this place is one haft good and one haft evil if you have been hear any amount of time you should know this. put your red armor on grow the fuck up everyone.

Comment

sorry for my stupid english. This shit is a shame, but keep giving hype the issue is not going to improve the things. I think ultimately it's all an exaggeration that could have been solved between "people", not between integrants of a forum (i mean, real people talking, a telephone talk, or real-time chat can actually be useful). I think a good way is to stop wasting energy in this gossip and make mods or fraggin.
        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Working...
        X