Granted I'm not THAT DAMN GOOD but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granted I'm not THAT DAMN GOOD but...

You'd think that with such a small player pool people would be a little more welcoming, or patient, with returning/new players. No... I haven't played in a very long time and admittedly I'm not up to most peoples standards around here... But it really sucks being the one that no one wants to pick to be on their kickball team! That's what it feels like when you ready up and the server admin changes the map/level (back to the same map mind you, dm3) to ready up again and no one wants you on their team!

I did have a couple of fun games with two good players earlier today... Thank you, you know who you are, that was fun! Even though you both dusted my ass off!

I have enjoyed this little community. But you people who think that everyone that jumps in on a pickup game is somehow a Quake god are dreaming. If you want new players then be a little more patient.

OR HELL... maybe those of you in charge of the server just don't like me! That never occurred to me... Cause my wife tells me I'm a hellofa nice guy!!

If that's the fact, SPEAK UP!!! There was maybe 12 or 14 people in that server (dmtx.quakeone.com) and I kind of thought... WOW, Quake is really is making a comeback.. this is going to be fun... but here I fuckin' sit... RAGE typing!!! Cause I feel slighted when trying to get in on a quick game of Quake!
    *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
    sigpic

Well quake does seem to be picking up a little steam. I'm on the younger end of the player base, and I think this game is 10 times better then CoD or BF.

I know how ya feel being last to be picked. I mostly play runequake, so when I got to play CA, or DM, I suck super hard, but the people I have played with, and they know who they are, are pretty nice. They take turns trying to carry me XD (sorry guys)

If you wana get some games going, just PM me, or reply to this post or something. I just started back to school, so I don't have as much time as during the summer to feel the need for quake, but there's always time for quake.

Happy quaking.

Comment

Sadly those same player's bitch and moan when they cant get a 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 but yet they dont know how to shut the hell up and pick a team, Everyone is always worried about who is who when people run aliases like myself from time to time when I am away from home and just want to go play a quick game and not be bothered by someone or get into a conversation.

Quake is nothing like it use to be. It's always the same people capping up and picking their team. Hey try something new, Wait no that's to politically correct!

Comment

Originally posted by Dilligaf View Post
        You'd think that with such a small player pool people would be a little more welcoming, or patient, with returning/new players. No... I haven't played in a very long time and admittedly I'm not up to most peoples standards around here... But it really sucks being the one that no one wants to pick to be on their kickball team! That's what it feels like when you ready up and the server admin changes the map/level (back to the same map mind you, dm3) to ready up again and no one wants you on their team!

I did have a couple of fun games with two good players earlier today... Thank you, you know who you are, that was fun! Even though you both dusted my ass off!

I have enjoyed this little community. But you people who think that everyone that jumps in on a pickup game is somehow a Quake god are dreaming. If you want new players then be a little more patient.

OR HELL... maybe those of you in charge of the server just don't like me! That never occurred to me... Cause my wife tells me I'm a hellofa nice guy!!

If that's the fact, SPEAK UP!!! There was maybe 12 or 14 people in that server (dmtx.quakeone.com) and I kind of thought... WOW, Quake is really is making a comeback.. this is going to be fun... but here I fuckin' sit... RAGE typing!!! Cause I feel slighted when trying to get in on a quick game of Quake!

I was asked a day or two ago why I don't run a news article featuring the TDM community and try to attract new players to Quake1.

IT SHOULD BE APPARENT BY NOW, I WOULDN'T WISH THAT UPON ANYONE.

I've invited three or four players to play TDM with me before
        Dilligaf , SgtPieFace, and Killa. 2 out of 3 players was greeted with precisely what has been written here. Quake1 multiplayer is doomed in its current incarnation.

Is it even remotely salvageable ? Sure, but its impossible. That would require self control and a inkling of respect for the newcomer. Some players are capable of this. I doubt I will ever invite another player to the TDM community ever again, considering there is two thirds chance that the regular players will run through what was written above....

-Invite new player
        -Regulars trip over their own dicks wanting to know who they are
        -IF they get picked, they will be expected to know everything
        -When their team loses, they will be struck with endless bitching about how they suck or yada yada yada,never ending bullshit.

Dill, I am truly sorry your experience was what it was
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt-PieFace View Post
          Well quake does seem to be picking up a little steam. I'm on the younger end of the player base, and I think this game is 10 times better then CoD or BF.

I know how ya feel being last to be picked. I mostly play runequake, so when I got to play CA, or DM, I suck super hard, but the people I have played with, and they know who they are, are pretty nice. They take turns trying to carry me XD (sorry guys)

If you wana get some games going, just PM me, or reply to this post or something. I just started back to school, so I don't have as much time as during the summer to feel the need for quake, but there's always time for quake.

Happy quaking.
          Same for me, I will happily play TDM with newcomers (by ourselves,barring the regular TDM players for obvious reasons) , and there are servers we could do this on too,away from dm.quaketx.com

Retro wrote an EXCELLENT guide to TDM anyone interested in learning the ropes should give a look at, here is the link

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...non-dmers.html

Props to Retro for making that post.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Sorry if you were left out but you need to understand that TDM is basically a DRAFT.You may get tapped if there are more players wanting in at your skill level so the teams can be balanced and make an enjoyable match if you wait patiently and not whine about having to watch.
            I know it seems rude but TDM is taken VERY seriously by the few players left and without fair teams nobody wants the humiliation of a certain loss.
            That is what most of the bickering is over between games,watch a few hours and you will see that once balance is achieved rematches will flow hard and fast with hardly a word said other than RM tha shiz!
            TDM is NOT for the faint of heart.
            WARNING
            May be too intense for some viewers.
            Stress Relief Device
            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
            ---------------------------
            .--------------------------

Comment

All the good players moved on. Now all you have basically is egotistical self-gratifying wannabe's who rides the waves of nostalgia. That or people who just play for fun.

Either way, the bad attitude players that got left over tend to ruin it for the rest.

That's part of the reason why I don't play Quake anymore with the exception to maybe once or twice a year... to many tiny dick'd internet thugs with big mouths who thinks their score in a video game transfers into real life credibility or merit.

If you're new I could barely suggest Shmack with all the BS these trolls come up with to throw at someone.

Pretty sad, I once couldn't get enough of this game... now I just get a bad taste in my mouth when I think of all the shit people want to drop on you for not being like them in a video game.
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I played on a CRMOD server a few days ago. I was mostly greeted with "OMG a bot!" but after I introduced myself that quickly changed. I mentioned I was getting back into the game after 10+ years and would need a little patience. Everyone was helpful as they got me up to speed on things. Of course I'm a little rusty but I did okay and didn't get any flak. I was playing on the Texas DM server.

Also - I'm getting a server up and running that will be hosting custom deathmatch maps, and maybe we get some new and/or out-of-practice people rallied to play there when it's all configured correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezmorki View Post
                  Also - I'm getting a server up and running that will be hosting custom deathmatch maps, and maybe we get some new and/or out-of-practice people rallied to play there when it's all configured correctly.
                  Welcome back and good luck on your new server.

Most players have a preferred server these days and you'll usually only see RuneQuakers on RuneQuake and DM'ers on DM... though sometimes they mix it up.
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                  Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Mezmorki View Post
                    I played on a CRMOD server a few days ago. I was mostly greeted with "OMG a bot!" but after I introduced myself that quickly changed. I mentioned I was getting back into the game after 10+ years and would need a little patience. Everyone was helpful as they got me up to speed on things. Of course I'm a little rusty but I did okay and didn't get any flak. I was playing on the Texas DM server.
                    I'm glad you were recognized.

I was recognized as "just one of those guys from the Quakeone.com site".

That was the first thing that pissed me off.

I'm sorry for such a rant... I usually don't play that game. I'm trying to play as often as I can and I shouldn't let peckerheads like that get to me but I did... I'm going to keep coming back and sooner or later I'll put them in their place! I'm just an old ctf'er from way back in the day and I can hold my own when I get a few hours under my belt.

I also think it's nuts that I have an average 50 - 60 ping... wireless on my laptop siting in bed. haha used to play with a 250 ping skating around trinicom and doing fairly well!
                    Last edited by Dilligaf; 10-02-2015, 10:15 PM.
                    *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt-PieFace View Post

I....Happy quaking.

We miss seeing you over on RUNE QUAKE (Shmack)
                      Nekkid

Comment

Nekked! Haven't seen you in a long time! How's it going?

I haven't been playing much quake at all lately because I'm back at school now. I'll keep an eye out for your name with quakespy.

Comment

Working...
                        X